Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex father in law knew someone who had their patio done by Fred West. Did a very tidy job too by all accounts.
Haven't we had Jack going through a Rose West phase too? The flattened hair and specs look.
Nearby where I grew up was a car showroom who according to local legend had their floor laid by West.
We all thought it was bollocks but after watching a couple of documentaries it transpired West did actually live nearby at the time and it was very likely true.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Chairs (these are second hand, and not exactly the same make/type but will be in this ballpark):
Screenshot_20220928_191309.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Thankyou ninnies x

£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£400 Cotswold Company sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£800 2 other Cotswold Company sideboards? (does she have 3 in total?)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable
Total: £6,559

77 lipsticks?
14 foundations?
40 eyeliners?
Two Burberry Jackets (but I think they were pre-Patreon, correct?)
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
Designer dog?
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)?
My very conservative estimates for the makeup:
- Lipsticks £800
- Foundations £200
- Eyeliners £250

She'll have a ton of primers, concealers, highlighters, eyebrow products and eyeshadow palettes too.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I do actually feel slightly sorry for Jack. It’s a good lesson to us all that one bad choice of overplaying one’s hand can ruin your whole life. The moment she pressed the publish button on HH2 was her sliding doors moment. People in the wider world were starting to realise that not everything added up, but I think most people on Twitter at least seemed to think she was generally a good egg. But once she wrote about the abject poverty she was still in - having to boil soap (for no apparent reason), move to a one bed flat etc. despite having sponsorships, patreon money and such, that’s when people like AW launched their forensic investigations and Jack’s house of cards came crumbling down and indirectly lead to the chaotic breakdown of potato-gate.

Hubris is a dangerous trait as she has found out, and now she is a laughing stock even with her own dedicated memes, which would be hard for anyone to come back from.
This.
It's ok to earn money from your work! It's ok to buy nice things for yourself and your child, and it's also ok to give money to charity if you feel like you have too much. It's ok to say "I know what it was like to struggle, and it hit me hard because my upbringing had been comfortable - now I'm earning decent money but I'm working hard to use my influence to improve things." But Jack has made the decision that she can only succeed by being "authentically poor", which traps her into telling ever more impossible stories about her terrible deprived childhood, and how she has no money now (the empty bank account screenshots the week of the Dublin trip were my aneurysm), when it's simply implausible and easily disproved, including by Jack's own tendency to show off. As Mom Nigella said, "it is unfathomable how she can still be in need". Indeed it is. She has multiple streams of income. The problem is, she is absolutely terrible at managing it.

Oh, and she's a tit cook

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
My very conservative estimates for the makeup:
- Lipsticks £800
- Foundations £200
- Eyeliners £250

She'll have a ton of primers, concealers, highlighers, eyebrow products and eyeshadow palettes too.
Good point, most of what we saw was the stuff in the special makeup cabinet. God knows what else was under the sink and in other places.

Reactions: 25
Also she has the newest iPhone with the fancy camera, and at least one other phone she photographs herself photographing things..

ETA nothing wrong with having all these things we have listed, but you’re not poor if you have so much expensive unnecessary stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
If this is what the house looks like, I'm terrified of what's in the shed. Even with a digital radio playing BBC Essex in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Not sure if Vali meant this one because there is very definitely a 'paper holder' sideboard too.
She photographed it in the 'spare room' downstairs, next to the downstairs bathroom.
She's got it on her Instagram. It's like a sideboard/wineholder but she's got rolls of paper in it instead of wine bottles.
But yeah, the one in the picture is from her 'library' on the landing. The other side of the room is full of bookcases, I think also CC?
Just goes to show how smol the crappy bungalow isn't.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Am I too cynical, or does anyone else find it interesting that the account she decided to blow up at and then leave Twitter over is someone who has recently celebrated far right politicians on his own timeline? Seems a bit convenient that it fits her narrative and amongst all the other criticisms she's had recently from the left. That and the weaponising of her Mum's disability just weeks after sending her FMs after Karl.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I was thinking why not buy a cutlery divider but actually it's all spoons isn't it. A spoon drawer. One can speculate on the implied existence of a knife drawer and a fork drawer but given how rarely she eats solids she probably only needs one of each
I think we’ve just cracked the age old question of “where do all the teaspoons go?”

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Let's not forget the £158 orange nike trainers that she bought for going to Asda her running club phase

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.