Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This pretty much sums it up. The squig apparently thought Jack might be able to help, somehow, on the 19th of September. Says she was going to send a DM too. What a difference a week makes.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 14.42.02.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 95
I’m having an aneurysm looking at the McD’s fakeaway breakfast muffin on Insta because I was grunking #292 (aka the Georgia Church Suppers thread) for giggles last night as I wasn’t here in real time when it happened, and fraus I’m afraid to tell you she has form when it comes to whipping the sheath from bollocks sausages.

I present to you; some for the first time and apols to vintage canal for the reminder ~sausage Kyiv~ posted Apr 22
I’ve died that’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry if this phenomenal exchange (with our man of the hour, Tom) has already been posted, but I'm absolutely breathless:

View attachment 1608521

"Would love to see you in front of a judge" "Failure to do so makes YOU the wuss"

I am actually trembling quietly at my desk, trying not to laugh. The origin story of this total madness being a three-word tweet that said 'they look dire' is almost too much to bear
'Why are you talking about meal plans?' Thread title nom #welovetom

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I started following Spain on a Fork after seeing it mentioned here and look at what they were doing yesterday...

View attachment 1608650
Thanks. Will look at this page.
i followed bored of lunch after it was mentioned on here but quickly unfollowed when they put grated cucumber among other random ingredients into a veg lasagne.
TBH I’d rather eat Jack’s prune and chicken meatloaf (as a vegetarian and prune resister!).
C73EFD86-3182-4AC0-B1CD-D1EA9F9E0009.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
What's the rules on posting things like a link to the job advert and / or an email address to send a CV? I presume there's no DMs on here?
It’s Jack Monroe related. So, advert:
C2AD07D4-3AA4-44D6-ADE9-BE78B96419F2.gif

Allowed…

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Oh lordy, I'd clean forgotten the gas radiator palaver. A week is a very long time in Jack Monroe.
Can someone point me in the direction of this one? Mr T is a gas engineer and I feel like giving him an aneurysm too.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don't think it was the roast potatoes that caused Jack to flee from Twitter.

I have a feeling that around the same time she either:

a) received a heads-up that someone (possibly quite influential) was digging into her past
or
b) was contacted by someone (see a) asking for clarification regarding certain claims being made about her

Reactions: 63
Yeah I read it all - he is bemoaning the council introducing a fee to landlords, which is being sold as a way to solve issues, when they have existing powers to deal with problems. He’s making the point that landlords will just pass the cost on to renters who might be skint.

He makes a reasonable point, but makes it rather badly with very forthright “this will be the case/this is what will happen” energy
I can't speak for Southend but the council I've rented under are bleeping useless at making landlords actually do anything. As a tenant I'd personally have been happy to pay £140 a year to have been guaranteed a working cooker, boiler, secure windows etc.

Now as an acting landlord (which I am very uncomfortable about but landlord family member DIED, stuff's taking ages, tenants are lovely and paying under market rate so I'm not gonna screw them over for no reason) in a similar position to Big Dave I 1000% advocate for landlords being made to pay it and some sort of protection brought in for tenants. If they can't/won't then tough tit, their investment didn't work out and they should be forced to sell up. duck it, CPO it and make it social housing. Dunno, if Big Dave is so far left and his business is fine then you'd think he'd want something actually done about crappy landlords even if it comes at a small cost to himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.