Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m back aren’t I. Bloody hell Jack are you trying to UNEMPLOY ME with this chaos?

I was alerted to this mega chaos by a friend yesterday. She knew nothing about JM but became aware when it kicked off and I recently compared her to another grifter we’re both aware of so let me know about potatogate. Well done Tommynumbers!
Shoo!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
There have been many deleted posts from Instagram. It's a faff to screenshot these charts on a tablet but these show the two biggest culls:

-181. May 2020
Screenshot_20220927-133127_Opera.jpg

-190. May 2021
Screenshot_20220927-133154_Opera.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I haven't squigged David Oliver because he has over 60k followers. He hasn't responded to any of the responses to him that I can see. I hope he does look into it further to understand why it matters when a public figure isn't transparent about charity fundraising and fundraising in general. Transparency and candour are part of the code of conduct for medics so I'm sure he understands the importance, even if he hasn't applied that to his view of Jack yet....

View attachment 1608325
Purple squig (not UK medtwitter) has posted an interesting thread I can screenshot all of if anyone wants, I thought it was well laid out. Blue squig is another person from UK MedTwitter, albeit with around 9k followers so squigged.

View attachment 1608326
So his argument appears to be 'well there are far worse people than Jack Monroe'. Well of course there are. She isn't evil. But this attitude is how low level scammers and fibbers get away with things for so long. Turn a blind eye because they're not that bad. Its also how they suck more people in, as those people can't find any dissenting voices. It's how things like Kidscape carry on for so long - the mantle of 'goodness' blocks out doubt.

Btw she must be itching to get stuck into the Big Dave twitter thread. Her poor parents. She exposed them to all this single handed.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
We're at interview stage - so yes.... !
Now far it be for tattle to work as linked in but if there’s any directions you could point me into they would be greatly appreciated…

Ps. Jack is a potato

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
So his argument appears to be 'well there are far worse people than Jack Monroe'. Well of course there are. She isn't evil. But this attitude is how low level scammers and fibbers get away with things for so long. Turn a blind eye because they're not that bad. Its also how they suck more people in, as those people can't find any dissenting voices. It's how things like Kidscape carry on for so long - the mantle of 'goodness' blocks out doubt.

Btw she must be itching to get stuck into the Big Dave twitter thread. Her poor parents. She exposed them to all this single handed.
By this logic, we never managed to blow up Hitler so let's just stop bothering. (NO Jack I am NOT calling you a nazi)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sorry if we already did this and I missed it, but related to her going back on Insta...

Did anyone notice the BoredOfLunch insta account did a video yesterday that is an ad campaign with Sainsbury's - 'lunch for 2 for the week for under £12'?

JM will be absolutely raging :ROFLMAO:
And that beatthebudget Insta account is doing some great recipes in collaboration with Asda too…

Parody account gave me a fright!
View attachment 1608510
needs more prolific use of ‘pal’

I reckon she was looking for ‘unsheathed’ and got the word wrong. #forensic
I’m not sure that sounds any better! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I know what it means only from watching programmes like 24 Hours in A&E.

Why oh why would someone use that term about food?
And how does she manage to make the simplest of food look unappealing!
Because Jack is hard, and real, and authentic. So she uses hard and authentic verbs in creative ways.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Shoo, seconded! @Nonah you did say to!
But there’s so much more fun to be had here!
(I shall shoo. Thank you for shooing me.)

But just before I go:
Degloved is a horrible way to describe a sausage. I reckon Jack’s mum finally had enough of her family dragging them into her weird Twitter tit and ultimatumed her to shut it down. And finally: duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I started following Spain on a Fork after seeing it mentioned here and look at what they were doing yesterday...

FA73EB72-2FFE-4C54-A07E-978508F5B0C1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Yeah I read it all - he is bemoaning the council introducing a fee to landlords, which is being sold as a way to solve issues, when they have existing powers to deal with problems. He’s making the point that landlords will just pass the cost on to renters who might be skint.

He makes a reasonable point, but makes it rather badly with very forthright “this will be the case/this is what will happen” energy
Big D definitely strikes me as the type to be on all the fb local groups, Nextdoor etc, and be a frequent complainer about parking in places nowhere near his house.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Mr Dreary has just noticed the hoo ha on Twitter "Jack Monroe has been hounded off Twitter?" I have given him chapter and verse of tattiegate, with pictures !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
This is the most bizarre thing I've seen in these exchanges & there've been a lot of unhinged ones. I can't get over the green squig's replies. There are so many questions...why is there a time limit? Less than 10 minutes to plan for the month? That's not how it works in real life. It's not a gameshow. 😂 And to accuse him of 'deflecting' when they're the one changing the subject from roast potatoes to food budgeting.
I wish Tom would reply something along the lines of...

"No I can't come up with a £20 meal plan for three people, not in 10 minutes, not in 10 hours or 10 days. A £20 meal plan plays right into the hands of the Tory government allowing them to say that benefits are generous. That is why Jack's £20 meal plan is so dangerous."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93

Also, we have observed her get worse in the last two years. The begs have gotten more egregious. Her Twitter addiction is bigger now than it ever was. Monstrous sense of entitlement to poverty writing and 'tins' etc. If these grifters aren't cottoned on to early on, how bad does it have to get for people to say something? How much more money does she have to take from people before they go 'actually this is bleeping awful'?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.