Jack Monroe #376 Schrödinger's Poor Person

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Sort the house prices to mere four figure pounds again" - lol sorry, at what stage in history were house prices four figure sums? The 18th century?

View attachment 1533319

"Local grocers and bakers and fishmongers and butchers" - as opposed to 50p maize snacks from your beloved Asda?
Women having to drag their kids all across town every few days to pick everything up from four different shops, then needing to spend hours cooking and washing up everything from scratch. Therefore preventing women from having leisure time or being able to work full time. Plus no minimum wage, blatant racism, sexism and homophobia across society. I’m sure it wasn’t all bad and yes larger unions and sense of community but it’s such a middle class conservative way of fetishising past working class culture ‘oh baking bread, oh getting my meat from my local butcher, can’t remember his name, but he’s lovely, always has a bone for giant expensive dog’ which you can only do if you have giant amounts of spare time and disposable income. *cough* Jack *cough*

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Better still, and I say this with the greatest of respect, stop giving to food banks. What do you think would happen if every food bank in the country closed it doors? Do you think the government would let people starve or do you think they’d actually be forced to increase benefits to plug the gap food banks, however well intentioned, have filled? Food banks allow the government to abdicate their responsibilities and humiliate those who are forced to use them.
If you really want to help, put what you can afford in an envelope and slip it through the door, under the keyboard or into the coat pocket of someone you know is struggling.
Allow at least one person the dignity of choosing their own food and actually help force this government to do right by people.
Sorry for the rant but some days I get so angry and today is one of those days.
I can understand this. Without 🔺myself and a friend it’s something we have done a bit of! X

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes, because this sounds exactly like what someone who can't afford to take a warm shower or buy shower gel would be up to. Helping a 'friend' choose an expensive oven in a designer kitchen for her to use to film in (despite her rathering to gouge her eyes out than appear on telly). Fucks sake go to bed love.

• Angry
Reactions: 89

WTF is she talking about with her 'open up shops with only Essentials in deprived areas'. It is so incredibly insulting (also did she not completely thrash that el cheapo supermarket Jack's a few years ago - with the prophetic headline).

Seems like after midnight Tory Jack comes out even more easily.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
My own sleep pattern isn't great but - what's the gap between her last and first tweet?

And renewable not gas, ya prune.

Reactions: 17
Just woken up read that gas/radiator post and can confirm she is off her tits - has she been to sleep?

• Haha
Reactions: 69
This is all perfectly normal and plausible. I would totally ask Jack to design a kitchen for me and it would be really urgent to have questions answered about gas pipes in the early hours of a bank holiday rather than just y'know explain to a professional what I want and discuss the best way to do it, during the week. I think I might start my own fantasy Twitter account "Hi guys, I've just been asked for some advice about opening a petting zoo is Stevenage and was wondering whether or not to get an owl but all my ornithologist friends are in bed", "Sorry guys, can't stop I've been asked to sort out some of this Ukraine stuff on Tuesday".

• Haha
Reactions: 120
Did she meet someone in Edinburgh and bring them home with her?
The £20 shop returns. And in the comments Jack admits this is not a full shop because she has pasta, rice, cereals, fish and chicken already in. So not £20 at all then . Does she not realise how damaging it all is?
Would love THAT man or TK to go to the shops, spend £20 and call it their weekly shop. See the reaction then 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Just gone 7am and we’ve already had the first deleted tweet of the day - something about how all her builder friends are asleep (? Who lmao) can she have some help, followed up with:

543D8FE2-4776-41B5-AD76-4288D812A3C1.jpeg

Ala Harold pay me attention

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Oh you absolute numpty. Segregating the poors who can’t afford to have branded goods. Tesco tried that with Jacks you wazzock and look how that turned out, with your histrionic bellendery about how you owned the name Jack. I know you’ve never dared to step in a Lidl or Aldi or Netto or Farm Foods or Iceland but guess what market economics mean value shops tend to be located in poorer areas. It’s why there’s not a Waitrose in Stockton on Tees. Also it turns out people want choice to have branded items, not slop and yellow labels. Sorry I am displacing my anger at cancer cosplay

• Heart
Reactions: 57
As a poverty expert, how does she not know radiators are filled with of water and that draining the air out (bleeding) will help with making your boiler more effecient (and therefore a little bit less expensive).

(I know I know, she isn't really a poverty expert or an expert in anything, really)

Reactions: 63
Is this a soft launch of a new Harold?!
Lads, I think we could be in a Bad Harold situation. When one is young and daft it can be quite the hoot to have someone to sit up with all night talking chemically enhanced grandiose shite but if you've had issues controlling that kind of thing and you're already a bleeping fantasist to boot, it's not good.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
She is so ignorant.

In my city centre, which admittedly is quite unique in terms of its demographic, there are 3 Tesco expresses, 2 Sainsburys locals and 1 Iceland. There is no Asda and the big ones are about 3 miles away. All of the small ones cater for students. All of them. It is so expensive. They sell lots of niche alcohol etc. The residents (which are small in number in comparison) are a mix of families who can barely afford to live there due to HMOs and people living in the council-owned properties.

The latter are suffering hugely (as are the less-well off students who cannot afford the prices in the city centre).

Does she honestly think supermarkets like Sainsbury’s and Tesco are going to stop their Local and Express model (particularly when the Metro has just been binned) in order to solve the CoL? Supermarkets serve themselves. Not Mx Jack Monroe. Does she think that she has any impact on Asda’s policy?

Having a “quiet word” next time she is in head office is bollocks. She does nothing meaningful with her time. If she is so bored that she needs to lay out food enough for 1.5 people (that she is pretending is enough for three) then she needs to get a DBS, and go and volunteer or pick up litter in her park.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.