Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this phenomenal exchange (with our man of the hour, Tom) has already been posted, but I'm absolutely breathless:

View attachment 1608521

"Would love to see you in front of a judge" "Failure to do so makes YOU the wuss"

I am actually trembling quietly at my desk, trying not to laugh. The origin story of this total madness being a three-word tweet that said 'they look dire' is almost too much to bear
This is the most bizarre thing I've seen in these exchanges & there've been a lot of unhinged ones. I can't get over the green squig's replies. There are so many questions...why is there a time limit? Less than 10 minutes to plan for the month? That's not how it works in real life. It's not a gameshow. 😂 And to accuse him of 'deflecting' when they're the one changing the subject from roast potatoes to food budgeting.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
I think people have the right of reply on anything you publicly post whether it's praise or mockery. Jack and others who are chronically online and addicted to the affirmation are doing the digital equivalent of flashing and then cry-arsing that someone laughed at the size. Stop posting your L's if you can't hack the feedback

Reactions: 45
This is the most bizarre thing I've seen in these exchanges & there've been a lot of unhinged ones. I can't get over the green squig's replies. There are so many questions...why is there a time limit? Less than 10 minutes to plan for the month? That's not how it works in real life. It's not a gameshow. 😂 And to accuse him of 'deflecting' when they're the one changing the subject from roast potatoes to food budgeting.
Jack told someone on Twitter that they had 10 minutes to come up with something...sorry, whatever it was escapes me but it was a typical Jack try hard threat.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I think people have the right of reply on anything you publicly post whether it's praise or mockery. Jack and others who are chronically online and addicted to the affirmation are doing the digital equivalent of flashing and then cry-arsing that someone laughed at the size. Stop posting your L's if you can't hack the feedback
Agree with this generally, but make an exception when it involves other people who haven't given permission to have their stuff shared online.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
That is from an entirely different post.

The other one, which has been lifted from here, was taken from Instagram a long time ago and has probably since been deleted from from there along with hundreds of other posts (see Social Blade).
Thank(space)you, that’s what I thought.
I can’t see the image you posted, it’s showing blank, is that a me problem?

Reactions: 18
So I just caught up with this thread as I know absolutely nothing about this person apart from seeing her threads regularly on here... and all I can say is I'm bloody howling that she had a breakdown and quit Twitter over something as trivial as roast potatoes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And on the subject of those - Aunt Bessie's duck fat roast potatoes are to absolutely bloody die for, and how proper roast potatoes should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It is interesting how all of her social media accounts and blog are disconnected. She doesn’t seem to push a new blog post on all channels or post the IG stuff onto Twitter before making it into a blog post with the recipe/how to. Does she think the internet has different pockets and ne’er the accounts may meet?
It's simple to set it up to send one post across all of your various sm accounts, but then the crack team of experts would sort that for her. If they existed.
I think we should stop giving her tips on how to do sm successfully. Hi Jack 👋 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Thank(space)you, that’s what I thought.
I can’t see the image you posted, it’s showing blank, is that a me problem?
I think so. It's a link to the post on Facebook.

Screenshot_20220927-132446_Opera.jpg

I'm not registered on Facebook, so it's a public post that anyone can see.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I read it to mean that he's ok because he doesn't have a mortgage, but doesn't want an "extra layer of bureaucracy" with a fee that will just get passed on to tenants by less scrupulous landlords than he.

A weird combo of virtue signalling (I only charge affordable rents) and boasting (I don't have a debt to service) whilst also not wanting to have any barriers to income....sounds familiar?
Yeah I read it all - he is bemoaning the council introducing a fee to landlords, which is being sold as a way to solve issues, when they have existing powers to deal with problems. He’s making the point that landlords will just pass the cost on to renters who might be skint.

He makes a reasonable point, but makes it rather badly with very forthright “this will be the case/this is what will happen” energy

Reactions: 31
I’m back aren’t I. Bloody hell Jack are you trying to UNEMPLOY ME with this chaos?

I was alerted to this mega chaos by a friend yesterday. She knew nothing about JM but became aware when it kicked off and I recently compared her to another grifter we’re both aware of so let me know about potatogate. Well done Tommynumbers!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.