Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She always does this. Remember last Christmas when she was being roasted on Twitter due to some shitstorm of her own making and she posted that weird video of herself walking alone by the seafront in the dark? She knew exactly what she was doing there and after staying quiet for a sufficient time to get people worrying about her, she popped back up like nothing had happened.

On a completely different note, has her interview with Gordon Brown surfaced yet? I didn't imagine that, did I?
Oh yeah I forgot about that. She's such a predictable nob. Had a row? Been a twit? Needing attention? Do the old Reggie Perrin*

*One for the younger ninnies

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Congratulations on thread 400! May I confess that I found a day without Jack on Twitter refreshing? I'm sure she's hoping to worry people with her absence, but all I feel is a sense of relief.

As far as recapping, don't forget that the intrepid Molly has updated her Medium post to include Jack's latest nonsense.

If Jack has any sense (spoiler: she hasn't), she will show up tomorrow with new recipes and an updated blog. It's supposedly her job, after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She always does this. Remember last Christmas when she was being roasted on Twitter due to some shitstorm of her own making and she posted that weird video of herself walking alone by the seafront in the dark? She knew exactly what she was doing there and after staying quiet for a sufficient time to get people worrying about her, she popped back up like nothing had happened.

On a completely different note, has her interview with Gordon Brown surfaced yet? I didn't imagine that, did I?
You didn't but I'm pretty sure Jack did. I will eat a pumble if any evidence of that or her being invited to speak at the google thing surfaces.

Reactions: 26
Oooo thread 400!

I forgot to do my Duolingo before midnight so have come here to cheer myself up.

Mr IW was laughing out loud every few minutes this afternoon because he couldn't believe a previous thread was called "that's not my fanny" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

He explained the pic and then said it was still on Twitter so off I went because I love to punish myself and found that vomit inducing video of her singing šŸ¤¢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Oh yeah I forgot about that. She's such a predictable nob. Had a row? Been a twit? Needing attention? Do the old Reggie Perrin*

*One for the younger ninnies

Because I have NEVER followed her(are you reading Jack- you never interested me enoug hto read your tweets or your books) I didnt know about the Jack Sub Genre of poetry and deep and meaningful photographs. I thought the 'I'm a little bit country' black and white moody vid was an aberration. No. It has amused me when there was nowt on telly but a funeral so I'll say thank you to Jack for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

She went and stood next to pond and started going on about Virginia Woolf too once after some sort of drama. So predictable. Pathetic, boring, and nasty behaviour

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Iā€™ve just watched the Lingreenie clip for the first time. Lying in bed shellshocked x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She went and stood next to pond and started going on about Virginia Woolf too once after some sort of drama. So predictable. Pathetic, boring, and nasty behaviour
There was a local councillor in Glasgow did something similar after a pile on, only it was a clip of them walking into a loch. It drew much scorn and hooting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Iā€™m sure we all know irl people with similar behaviours to Jack, I agree with the other posters, when she tweets again it will be A) for sympathy B) deflection from the donations
Iā€™ll put money on a mention of struggle with sobriety, 12 step program, mental well-being, being stalked, lost jobs and finger pointing at squigs

Reactions: 47
So much to look forward to -
That Gordon interview
The Dublin journo interview
The big and exciting things Mr Google promised her that will help the poors.

(on a sad note I've got a sore throat. Laryngitis? Send foul homemade linctusios and small babies to breath over)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Iā€™m sure we all know irl people with similar behaviours to Jack, I agree with the other posters, when she tweets again it will be A) for sympathy B) deflection from the donations
Iā€™ll put money on a mention of struggle with sobriety, 12 step program, mental well-being, being stalked, lost jobs and finger pointing at squigs
We could be due another stint in rehab.

Reactions: 49
Am very sorry if this breaks the rules on new thread but two points of order here.

1. You dont have to sift. YES YOU DO!!! YES YOU bleeping WELL DO.
2. Prunes instead of dates. What the duck? What the actual duck.
Thats all I had to say.. Sorry.
Why do you have to sift? Biting into a chunk of baking soda (in an unleavened prune...thing) is refreshing, goddamit.

So middle school drama club. Yeesh.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack's probably flat out like a lizard drinking organising the beige postcards and glossy recipe cards she promised her subscribers.
It's hard to balance your work obligations and shout the odds on twitter whilst shedding followers like a buttered snake sheds their skin.
But of course, now that people have waited years for their rewards, it's going to be all the more obvious that said rewards are shite, isn't it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.