Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
can I retract that one?

I think this is better 😂

View attachment 1594184
I’ll make the new thread, two ticks.

Edit:
New thread! No penis beakers!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
To hark back to days of yore (beginning of this thread, this morning) when the Teemill stuff was discussed, i Used to own a fashion business and have some insight into what may have happened with her sales, the PPC ads and the unnamed charities.
The best sales on any line or range occur when it’s first released. After that, they tail off quickly except for uplifts from press mentions, social media promos and newsletters with focussed click throughs. People have lots going on, and unless something they really need or want is in their face, they forget about it. Teemil items are always available and non seasonal, ie are still relevant beyond AW21 or SS22, so there’s no end of season sale which is when you get your second biggest bunch of sales, though at a lower margin.

Those first two days of sales for Jack’s merch would therefore have been the VAST majority of any she was likely to make. I agree with a PP (sorry, forgot who) that reckoned the amount over 10k, £1800 something was the actual profit For the time until she was forced in to making the donation. Even with her reach, and constant promo, there’s not a hope in hell she got the clicks, never mind the conversions to make £10 k profit in 2 days off that range. None. I very much doubt that she’ll ever make the £10k she stumped up back. She wanted to say it was a huge success and couldn’t allow it to look like a failure, which it probably wasn’t in sales terms but was compared to previous charity raises she’d done. In this case pride was a very expensive sin.

for a 40quid hoodie, profit should be £20 to £28 for a small business and higher for a chain like H&M or online biz like ASOS. £5.50 profit just shows what a daft way Teemil is to try and raise money for charity.

The Google ads will be paid for by Teemill. Companies like that are vultures. If you put stuff on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, any similar marketplace, they have the manpower and cashos to spend more advertising for clicks on your brand name than you do, sorry, but I don’t think for one minute Jack is buying those ads Both from a financial and getting off her arse and getting her head round the dark art of PPC perspective.

Finally, my Harold is a charity Herr. In fact he works for an organisation which covers every part of the UK and most of the world doing exactly what Jack thinks she invented with Google the other night with the tinder thing, they match grants, philanthropic gifts and business cash with small local charities that need money From a couple hundred to tens of millions of £ This org has been going for decades 🔺. I asked him about the food banks who wished to remain nameless and he shouted bollocks! (sausages) Obviously the whole point of charities is to raise money and awareness and any charity would be delighted to have a donation from someone with a following as more people will know about them. He said the ONLY reason to keep quiet would be if the brand of the donator was so toxic that association with it would damage their brand, but that’s more for your huge charities like RSPCA, not a small,local food bank who probably aren’t even aware of any chaoses or brand sullying.

ETA there has been no donation to any food banks after the TT donation. It’s nonsense.

apologies is this has all already been covered. Thank space you for bearing with.

@Penelope_Ghent I’m currently doing my PIP renewal form 😭😭😭 and have lots f info from the people VVV mention, which is dead helpful. Happy to email it to you somehow.
Super interesting insight. The £1,800 theory was me plus the fact that she believes she's just 'paying herself back' for the £10k donation she had to make out of her own pocket.

Expensive sin indeed. And yes fraudulent too.

Eta a link to my theory: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...sism-of-this-obscure-cook.33662/post-11816121

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.