Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did send out “4 art postcards” around Nov 2020 there were 2 or 3 tweets from patreons saying they arrived. When she invented the wallpaper to do list it had “postcards -vistaprint” or somesuch written on it. Last month is the first time she’s mentioned the patreon postcards since.
I believe the Kickstarter cookbook was black and white with drawings rather than photos of the food. I think she claimed to have paid local artist(s) to draw, it may not be her own work.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
But of course, now that people have waited years for their rewards, it's going to be all the more obvious that said rewards are shite, isn't it.
She's got herself into a right old pickle over patreon.
I'm not sure how she can make it right tbh. There is no way she can fulfil all the physical obligations. And she will be extremely reluctant to do refunds.
She should of course suspend it right now. She should have done that months, if not over a year, ago.
People were pointing it out ages ago on here that she hadn't done anything for a couple of months (as it was back then). And yet she let it slide on for 18 months. I presume she thought the only people questioning it were here 🤷‍♀️ Twitter never did. Then Nigella sticking her oar in, encouraging and legitimising paying someone for nothing made Jack feel even safer about it no doubt.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
She did send out “4 art postcards” around Nov 2020 there were 2 or 3 tweets from patreons saying they arrived. When she invented the wallpaper to do list it had “postcards -vistaprint” or somesuch written on it. Last month is the first time she’s mentioned the patreon postcards since.
I believe the Kickstarter cookbook was black and white with drawings rather than photos of the food. I think she claimed to have paid local artist(s) to draw, it may not be her own work.
if they’re anything like the state of the sh1t house onion, it’s safe to say Jack did them herself, imagining herself a local starving artist (cos even she can’t eat her slop) in her garret upstairs in the crappy bungalow, wistfully looking the middle distance as if she were astride a bloody big gun, all smol ingenue, not realising she’s got the tip of her tonge sticking out the side of her gob while she ’draws’ and she’s accidentally dipped her paintbrush in her cup of slow cooker tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
We can’t have hats because the Queen.
We had better be on our best behaviour as Halloween and Xmas are looming, as is thread 500. Think on.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
I’m wondering if she’ll reappear to take up her fans current whinging about ASDA limiting to 3 items of their essentials range. On the one hand it’s a big topic she’ll get a lot of attention with, on the other it’ll reduce her chances of any other brand gig again. And it’ll promote how good and attractive Asda are for free for them. Or failing that it’ll be a picture of the dog or her lunch. But she will be back looking for cashos and attention/likes.
Do we think there is any truth in the rumour that she's working for/with ASDA in a PR role?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
It doesn’t seem that hard to write a few half arsed recipes. Give me access to the internet and I reckon I’d have a books worth in half an hour.

Or maybe she has just had a complete breakdown and is simply unable to function in daily life and complete routine tasks? (I’ve had a couple of them where I just went to work and stared at the screen for weeks on end)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Do we think there is any truth in the rumour that she's working for/with ASDA in a PR role?
Why would they need to pay her? She’s given them a bollock sausage-load of free positive PR already. She claimed a range had been removed when it hadn’t. As a result they were praised to high heavens with huge amounts of positive publicity in the national press for ‘bringing back’ something that had never LEFT in the first place.

ETA said better and more succinctly by @Justacatindisguise first! Send a smartprice rice hatto to alleviate my shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Of course she would, Liz loved a hat.
Pretty sure in the grand scheme of things she would have wanted us to have hats before she’d have wanted her grieving grandchild to have been thirst-posted across Twitter and then bickered over for hours for pathetic point scoring and ‘owning’ by Jack Monroe, at any rate.

The egregious bonus comments about said grieving grandchild adding some red headed genes back into the Monroe lineage would probably add further weight to Liz’s support for the hats.
3FB68376-8148-4E6C-939D-0FFD8B790DFD.gif

ETA Ramona. If Ramona thinks it, you’ve definitely crossed a line.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Happy 400th thread Frausters (not fraudsters - that’s Jack ) gutting about the hats but whatevs.

Compare and contrast thread 1 and this one, not much difference really is there. Over two years of the same grifting, lying shite.

Reactions: 50
Sorry I’m a bit late but to add to the recap:
We suspect Jack DM’s her flying monkeys when things are getting a bit tough for her.
This was almost confirmed by Jack herself the other night when she tweeted to a follower (after talking about fancying Prince Harry who is/n’t a royal despite being 5th in line to the throne) that she’d DM’d them.
Said person (J) replied saying they’d responded to her DM but went further to say they were ‘out’ and she could feel free to block him if she wished.

interesting times indeed. I await the day he becomes a herr and has the screenshots to prove our theory.
As my profile pic is Jack during her tiny head/giant boiler suit phase, I’m not concerned about the lack of hats. This is not a head for hats unless it were a tiny thimble.
i wonder if Yel could fashion me a bespoke number, doesn’t seem like too much to ask, as I do so much for so many…

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.