Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy tit. So.... is Jack the racist??? She saw a "tricky name", frizzy hair and the nickname Archbishop Desmond Tutu and so she made the character black?
I don’t know, I’m confused - I mean...did she not look at the pictures?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Well, I'm sure she will own up to her mistake (re: the black female teacher actually being white) at any moment.
She will definitely set the record straight as clearly as she declared that the character made David Walliams racist.
Probably typing it all up at this very moment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Well, I'm sure she will own up to her mistake (re: the black female teacher actually being white) at any moment.
She will definitely set the record straight as clearly as she declared that the character made David Walliams racist.

Yes true and I'm Santa Claus.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is so brilliant, I can't stop laughing. How's she going to wriggle out of this one 🤣🤣
Wait. In the process of calling Walliams racist, she herself has assumed a character's race based on racist stereotypes?!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha*laughs forever and ever hahahahahaah!!
What a dick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The way The Scotsman has phrased this (“insisted”) implies it’s up for interpretation. But the screenshot above quite clearly shows the illustration in print?

C5CEBB82-3E4E-4D81-A2B8-5AEE8EF4AB39.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

I actually had to skim the last thread or so, but what a fuckin’ ride.
Holy tit. So.... is Jack the racist??? She saw a "tricky name", frizzy hair and the nickname Archbishop Desmond Tutu and so she made the character black?
Arriving *just*in time for this is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Shall we make a list of the things JM said she was going to do but has forgotten about. As I’m sure there’s more than I can remember.

Raise black voices on her platforms
£15 school lunches
Use her shed for something TBC
Something TBC that involved posing on her sideboard
Oh I thought of more.

Asking for books so she could review them on her blog.
Sharing recipes for “ouchy mouths” (possibly still to come)
Sharing a recipe for vegan crackling

I feel like there’s a pattern here of having lots of ideas which never come to fruition.

Feel free to add to the list wise haufraus.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

a close up
AB16FE3A-3A4A-4756-A59A-687B2862DE1F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She's gonna reiterate that she hasn't reviewed them all properly (YET) and that's why mistakes were made, stupids.

Also that she absolutely did NOT ringlead this pile-on, did not tag DW and never intended him to see it and ABSOLUTELY did not enjoy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Let's just remind ourselves...
Screenshot_20200706-230806.png

What's that you say Jack? Did you just assume a person's colour based solely on a name and a hairdo?? Dearie me...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Well my lovely cabal of fraus, what a day it has been. And the fact that the character of Miss Tutelage is actually white is totally hilarious. How on earth did she not know what the word tutelage was either? JM has clearly outed herself as having ‘problematic’ views, where she associates ‘frizzy hair‘ and a ‘funny name’ with black people. I’m absolutely howling at her duck up. 😂😂😂 I cant wait to see how this one works out for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
She's gonna reiterate that she hasn't reviewed them all properly (YET) and that's why mistakes were made, stupids.

Also that she absolutely did NOT ringlead this pile-on, did not tag DW and never intended him to see it and ABSOLUTELY did not enjoy it.
You’re saying she would tweet without getting the facts first?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.