Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this the first time she’s spoken about coming out as trans since she... I don’t even know what to call it but since she reversed the coming out? I don’t mean that offensively but you know what I mean.

It feels like the elephant in the room / such a difficult topic to handle?
It's super difficult cos if you are non binary, I know from people I follow on Twitter you can go between feeling very extremely masculine and feminine over time. But you do generally have an "equilibrium point" in the middle so to speak. And AFAIK you certainly don't go Testostorene and then stop needing it. But do appreciate everyone has different experiences - its difficult because Jack is such a known attention seeker who loves to flit between different identities. And its hard not to conflate that with trans issues too. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I recently found out I was paid less than people (who happen to be men) who have less experience than me in a former role. It's a bleeping tit feeling learning that, I won't lie. But have I tweeted my ex employers about it? No because it won't solve anything and could get me in deep tit for guess what, libel/defamation if I start slagging them off based on what could be interpreted as hearsay.

Screaming into the void is not the answer to everything, Jack!!! Moreover trans women of colour are more likely to discriminated against, assaulted or killed than many other groups. Why don't you share some adovacy and justice links?
Solidarity, it really sucks doesn’t it! There’s absolutely no recourse for it as they can get away with saying it’s down to the negotiating power of those individuals so isn’t actually discrimination. But when so many women across the country are experiencing the same thing you have to stop and have a think maybe it’s systemic don’t you! There needs to be something done for us cos it’s absolutely shocking, I’ve ended up in therapy to teach myself how to have self compassion & self soothe. I used to be a bad witch and now I’m like a botulism infused limp lettuce leaf pesto 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
One thing I haven’t seen picked up on here yet about this whole DW shitstorm (but I’ve still got another 9 pages to grunka through) - she said she was going to go through all 23 of his books.

Can we have a sweepstake on how many books she’ll get through before she goes for an extended piss/ takes the kitten to the vet/ starts working in all the other BUSY projects gets bored and gives up?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I hope Mr Walliams is sitting on his large expensive sofa in his large expensive house counting out his massive piles money, laughing at how this all playing out.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
One thing I haven’t seen picked up on here yet about this whole DW shitstorm (but I’ve still got another 9 pages to grunka through) - she said she was going to go through all 23 of his books.

Can we have a sweepstake on how many books she’ll get through before she goes for an extended piss/ takes the kitten to the vet/ starts working in all the other BUSY projects gets bored and gives up?
One.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m surprised she’s not got Repetitive Strain Injury on her ( bleeping vast) list of ailments seeing as she pumps the qwerty faster than we can open a ton of beans to rinse.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Can you imagine a kid going back to his mother's house after a nice week or so at his Dad and Stepmum's with his half sibling(s) and the first thing she does is start tearing apart his bookcase to bin every book he's ever loved?

If I'd been told that by a kid, I'd be completing a Safeguarding Disclosure on CPOMS pretty sharpish after they left my office

• Sad
Reactions: 20
If this is about the publishing company (which seems unlikely given how late in the day she's mentioned it) then why does Walliams have to be involved at all? It's Pride month, people are paying attention to stories of companies acting crappy closer than ever before. Do a massive tell all thread on that and people will pay attention. Unless Walliams had a direct influence on her being dropped, what the hell has it got to do with him? How do her followers follow this logic as being reasonable?

Last edited:
Reactions: 24

I wanted Ollie telling Malcolm that he sounded like someone about to go on a killing spree because that last tweet is quite something, but selfishly noone has gifed that.

Have random Malcolm instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she's talking about Penguin dropping her, as they published A Girl Called Jack and A Year in 120 Recipes in 2014/5 then nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
"The devil works hard but I work harder" - NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SPEAKS LIKE THIS!!! Sorry for the caps. I think Jack has lost all sense of herself and who she is. She lives 100% through social media, day in day out, and it's completely f*cked her mind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
If this is about the publishing company (which seems unlikely given how late in the day she's mention it) then why does Walliams have to be involved at all? It's Pride month, people are paying attention to stories of companies acting crappy closer than ever before. Do a massive tell all thread on that and people will pay attention. Unless Walliams had a direct influence on her being dropped, what the hell has it got to do with him? How do her followers follow this logic as being reasonable?
She’s just desperately grasping at straws to try and make it look less opportunistic. It’s so bloody obvious but she’s their little pet (who will get sued, not them). They look good but they’re not at risk. They’d never work with her though. Hypocrites.

I’m honestly nervous about what she’ll say tonight. She has dug herself a huge hole.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Who is DW with? How many publishing houses is she trying to alienate herself from? Maybe his publisher doesn't deal with cookbooks but duck, Jack, wind your neck in.

Reactions: 20
Who is DW with? How many publishing houses is she trying to alienate herself from? Maybe his publisher doesn't deal with cookbooks but duck, Jack, wind your neck in.
I think she tagged Harper Collins last night (I may be wrong((dont sue)) but strangely I cant find the tweet)

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.