Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20220914-193139_Twitter.jpg

Ooft, soooooo close squig! So close.
Unfortunately, Jack Monroe concentrates all of her efforts on Jack Monroe, Sorry.

Where do I claim my £5?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I honestly can't make my mind up if I like today or Georgia Church Suppers the best. Voting in the Sloppies is going to be bloody hard, might just write 'not my circus, not my monkeys' for Chaos of the Year.

• Haha
Reactions: 80
Coming from the past to say, if big dave is an intensely private person, why does he court the media?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Guess what. I've just found out that (surprise surprise) Jack Monroe is embellishing a grain of truth 🤣🤣🤣

"The Google Executive Summit is an annual event for their most prestigious clients."

In other words, a show and tell, schmooze the commercial clients in a day long product showcase and sales pitch, mixed with a few talks so the clients can justify it as a legit event.

Not quite the same as "talking to a summit full of Google executives"
So NHS talk to 3,000 - NOPE not exactly
Summit full of Google Executives- NOPE not exactly

‘American Embassy visit’ is going to be a trip to all of those US Candy stores on Oxford Street to stockpile Royal Family tinned Airheads and other rank candy innit?
16AB115A-77D2-4CFE-AFC7-B7EBF3F24F67.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Anyone think Jack’s description of her families rental, makes Big D sound like a slum landlord. Would love an ex tenant to qualify what the setup is.

Reactions: 46
I think Jack will take a long time to leave the stage and become increasingly bonkers as the wheels fall off the grift. We still have 5+ bangers ahead of us.
Well here‘s hoping some creative Frau can put together a montage of the rise-n-fall-of-jack-monroe so we all have a souvenir when it’s over..

• Haha
Reactions: 28
*Ring ring*

'Hi mum, I just want to ...'

'Hold it right there, Jack, your father wants a word with you ...'

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Well here‘s hoping some creative Frau can put together a montage of the rise-n-fall-of-jack-monroe so we all have a souvenir when it’s over..
I might do a Kickstarter for a souvenir book. Feels apt somehow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Thread title nomination courtesy of the abominably named @MoistenedGussets, originating from the increasingly aware Comments Club. I know the thread is very active currently, so if this is incorrect send gulag-os

It’s all pinging off on Twitter like a Soviet era RBMK nuclear power plant. This tweet is an excellent summary but please feel free (to the extent of the Party’s handbook) to add further details:

View attachment 1577504

Lurkers and newbies, please read the Wiki for full BootstrapVerse Lore. There’s a lot but it will help you. In this universe we don’t deadname, we wait for the last half of the forum to nominate thread titles and we can’t use swear words for these. All aboard the Trans-Monronian express TOOT TOOT COMRADE!!!
Ummmm, hello? Yes, hi. I’ve been busy cos working and on my way here I popped across to the haunted bird app and…well…uuuhhhh….it appears to be ablaze. I mean, what the frig? 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’m expecting a post from Big Dave explaining that Jack moved out at 17 coz she was a bit of a mad head, they tried to help her out but she kept spunking all her housing benny on crap and ended up in a load of debt. They got her a great, well-paid and difficult to get job which she also managed to eff up. They’ve helped her out as much as they can and kept quiet through all her shameful behaviour because frankly, they’re used to it.
He votes Labour but is a Royalist, mainly because of his years in the forces. He has a few books on many subjects as do lots of soldiers-know your history and your enemy and all that. He didn’t realise Jack had taken that to mean he was a Marxist because she’d also borrowed her mum’s copy of Riders by Jilly Cooper and hadn’t accused them of running a raunchy racing stables.
Exactly this!

I wonder if the fostering/adopting made her jealous and she fucked off, got pregnant and refused any contact with mama and papa for a while.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Commemorative pie dish with a recipe? Jacks face hidden under the pie?
With a commemorative chamber pot for anyone using the pie dish to make Jack recipes because let's face when that slop decides to fight it's way out no one is going to be fast enough to reach the toilet.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I missed being able to say this on the last thread, so apols for the off topic.
No idea how to spoiler. Also sorry.
Pretend this is under a spoiler, ok?

Jack (presumably) isn't Jewish, but she IS part Greek-Cypriot.
My personal old Harold is of the G-C variety, and we often make a very classic Greek-Cypriot soup, Avgolemono, that's the G-C version of the 'make you better' Chicken Soup that many cultures seem to have developed.

Why didn't Jack make that, rather than butcher a Jewish recipe?
(It's just chicken (with bones, skin and fat- so either a whole chicken or wings/ drumsticks) boiled, strained, remove the meat and put aside, cook white rice in the chicken stock water, let cool slightly, add whisked (whole) egg/s and some lemon juice and salt to taste, serve.
It's delicious, cheap, easy and great for when you're ill. (This is the family version of the recipe, which varies from region to region/ family to family.))

Seems easier, cheaper and less culturally-appropriative, but hey, this isn't a rational person we're talking about here, I suppose. 🤷‍♀️
Don’t worry she’s ruined egg and lemon soup on many previous occasions. The last one was full of cauliflower and broccoli I think!?!?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.