Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack could never do strictly. The reason? She is just too bleeping lazy. Simple as that.
The pros would boycott her. Whenever they have a cook on there’s always a thing about how they’ve been bringing in homemade snacks for their pro. Can you imagine? You’d have a sad face moment with Tess using her serious voice as she explains Gio has been rushed to hospital after Jack cooked him an Italian feast including a black pudding, blue cheese and lentil lasagna and authentic arrancini made with sage and onion stuffing and filled with processed cheese singles.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
I wonder if the Google talk included a rant about the vicious canal of trolls. And if she asked any Google execs if they could shut forums down.
And then someone in the audience shouted out "I've got no bleeping clue you stupid grifter bleep, I'm only sitting through this bullshit for the free dinner and copious amounts of complimentary booze later on"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Jack might have a virtual audience the twice the size of the Glastonbury Pyramid stage but today she hasn't even been bottled off, people have been throwing garden chairs and piss grenades.
Normally she gets treated like the headline act at Glasto.

Today she’s Daphne and Celeste at Reading.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I wonder what the chat is like in the new family WhatsApp Jack set up is? I expect it's just Jack going "Hey famalam, hows tricks" and being completely ignored. The real Jack free group is where the real chat lives, I bet it's on fire today.
Jack: 🎶 Hey! Fam-a-loopa-alop-bam-boom! 🎶 Lol. How're all diddlin'?

Jack: Hello?

Jack: Hell-o-o

Jack: Hell-o-o-o-??? Anyone out there? lol

Famalam: Jack, seriously, just duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack: 🎶 Hey! Fam-a-loopa-alop-bam-boom! 🎶 Lol. How're all diddlin'?

Jack: Hello?

Jack: Hell-o-o

Jack: Hell-o-o-o-??? Anyone out there? lol

Famalam: Jack, seriously, just duck off.
Younger brother -hi, Mum said not to reply to you, Dad is going off on one
Jack- why?
YB- you said some twitter thing and he was trend...
Jack - I did NOT say anything he wouldn’t have said HIMSELF that hellsite won’t let me breathe! He should be THANKING ME
*left on read*

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I missed being able to say this on the last thread, so apols for the off topic.
No idea how to spoiler. Also sorry.
Pretend this is under a spoiler, ok?

Jack (presumably) isn't Jewish, but she IS part Greek-Cypriot.
My personal old Harold is of the G-C variety, and we often make a very classic Greek-Cypriot soup, Avgolemono, that's the G-C version of the 'make you better' Chicken Soup that many cultures seem to have developed.

Why didn't Jack make that, rather than butcher a Jewish recipe?
(It's just chicken (with bones, skin and fat- so either a whole chicken or wings/ drumsticks) boiled, strained, remove the meat and put aside, cook white rice in the chicken stock water, let cool slightly, add whisked (whole) egg/s and some lemon juice and salt to taste, serve.
It's delicious, cheap, easy and great for when you're ill. (This is the family version of the recipe, which varies from region to region/ family to family.))

Seems easier, cheaper and less culturally-appropriative, but hey, this isn't a rational person we're talking about here, I suppose. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm printing off the entire Marxist-Leninist Royalist Landlord saga and putting it in a lever arch file in case I've got to go away. In fact I might just ask my doctor to give it to me as a depot injection so I can 🦉🍾 for a month at a time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Guys I don’t wanna claim that I’m a demigod or a ruler of the fates or whatever, but this morning at about half 8 before Jack’s nonsense kicked off I bought this t-shirt*…

AA79A8F9-E137-4B96-AFA1-1E9D3FC005B5.jpeg

If I buy a top that says “close her Patreon and banish her from the public eye”… can we make it happen? It would be truly ironic if ill-intentioned consumerism toppled her.

*I’m wearing it for a powerlifting competition to really alienate the judges 🏋🏼‍♂️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
She has evaded this point for years in her slippery way.
Her parents are 'living saints'. Yet either:
They knew she and her son were cold and starving and did nothing.
Didn't know but missed the glaringly obvious signs she and her son were cold and starving.
Were so unapproachable Jack would rather have gone hungry than asked for help for herself and her son.

Any which way she doesn't paint them in a great light.
That's because it's all bullshit....

Reactions: 21
I missed being able to say this on the last thread, so apols for the off topic.
No idea how to spoiler. Also sorry.
Pretend this is under a spoiler, ok?

Jack (presumably) isn't Jewish, but she IS part Greek-Cypriot.
My personal old Harold is of the G-C variety, and we often make a very classic Greek-Cypriot soup, Avgolemono, that's the G-C version of the 'make you better' Chicken Soup that many cultures seem to have developed.

Why didn't Jack make that, rather than butcher a Jewish recipe?
(It's just chicken (with bones, skin and fat- so either a whole chicken or wings/ drumsticks) boiled, strained, remove the meat and put aside, cook white rice in the chicken stock water, let cool slightly, add whisked (whole) egg/s and some lemon juice and salt to taste, serve.
It's delicious, cheap, easy and great for when you're ill. (This is the family version of the recipe, which varies from region to region/ family to family.))

Seems easier, cheaper and less culturally-appropriative, but hey, this isn't a rational person we're talking about here, I suppose. 🤷‍♀️
There’s actually a recipe for exactly that in one of her books I used to own. A girl called Jack I think.
We should add it to the wiki as the one time she did a sensible thing 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Hi there, first time poster.

If JM's dad lets to "social tenants" he would need to be a registered social landlord. Any evidence for this out there?
Jumping ahead (LOL what a grunk), but if he has 'social' tenants that would mean he has let it to the local authority. He isnt earning peanuts.

Reactions: 33
Coming from the past, so effectively Jack has outed her Dad as ‘Mental Mickey’ from Only Fools and Horses.

For those less acquainted with Del, Rodney and the gang, this is the clip that fits

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Guess what. I've just found out that (surprise surprise) Jack Monroe is embellishing a grain of truth 🤣🤣🤣

"The Google Executive Summit is an annual event for their most prestigious clients."

In other words, a show and tell, schmooze the commercial clients in a day long product showcase and sales pitch, mixed with a few talks so the clients can justify it as a legit event.

Not quite the same as "talking to a summit full of Google executives"

Yup. Ive been to events like that. Its loads of talks about what Google is up to, trying to get people to spend money with Google, and mixed in with some guest speaking slots on issues of the day. They've obviously thought 'Cost of Living crisis' - who is vaguely famous that our guests will have heard of who can talk for half an hour?

Shes not going to be advising Google executives in any way, because you dont get to be a Google exec by taking advice from a bleeping moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
If it causes the end of Jack's twitter reign I think that is one thing for which we can all give thanks. Her Majesty's final benediction to her people.
It’s a double-edged sword though isn’t it.. because we will only ever be able to look back on these 5+threads a day wisfully.. life wont be this good ever again. I feel sad now

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
It's funny I came to this thread to share some local gossip I heard earlier than her dad's the leaseholder of a new cafe/heritage centre in the shoebury garrison (posh housing estate on a former army base) and here you all are talking about Mr h anyway
Spill that ☕, is this where thumberlina is off to? Her ickle smol flat

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It’s a double-edged sword though isn’t it.. because we will only ever be able to look back on these 5+threads a day wisfully.. life wont be this good ever again. I feel sad now
I think Jack will take a long time to leave the stage and become increasingly bonkers as the wheels fall off the grift. We still have 5+ bangers ahead of us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Normally she gets treated like the headline act at Glasto.

Today she’s Daphne and Celeste at Reading.
I can’t believe how many people have called her out today, magnificent. I feel a very “where we’re you when Jack Monroe got cancelled for being a grifty tosser?” Moment coming up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.