Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what the chat is like in the new family WhatsApp Jack set up is? I expect it's just Jack going "Hey famalam, hows tricks" and being completely ignored. The real Jack free group is where the real chat lives, I bet it's on fire today.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
They changed WhatsApp so it no longer announces it when you leave a group. Jack is now the only member of her family chat and doesn’t realise. But she’s used to replying to herself anyway, so it’s ok!

• Haha
Reactions: 65
What did old Marxist Pa think about his daughter’s column in the Daily Express? He must have been raging

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It's all gone a bit quiet on Twitter. I'm feeling a bit flat after all of today's toots and womps. How long do I have to wait for the next post of misery soup or wet prune pie?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Good God; new-born babies, old sick people (she was coincidently just talking about today). Is there nothing she won't invent to dig herself out of her own twitter tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They changed WhatsApp so it no longer announces it when you leave a group. Jack is now the only member of her family chat and doesn’t realise. But she’s used to replying to herself anyway, so it’s ok!
She's probably got socks on her family WhatsApp group as well. An aunt that no one recognises.. Aunty Sylvie SlopBucket.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Guess what. I've just found out that (surprise surprise) Jack Monroe is embellishing a grain of truth 🤣🤣🤣

"The Google Executive Summit is an annual event for their most prestigious clients."

In other words, a show and tell, schmooze the commercial clients in a day long product showcase and sales pitch, mixed with a few talks so the clients can justify it as a legit event.

Not quite the same as "talking to a summit full of Google executives"

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Yeah I think she probably means he rents to people who get their rent paid by housing benefit. It used to be the case that it could go straight to the landlord from the local authority so there’s no chance of arrears etc and some landlords prefer it. Might have changed. And also I’m in Scotland so might be different.
I'm grunking and 17 pages behind now so this may have already been covered but 20 years ago when I got kicked out of home and got Housing Benefit there was the option to get it paid directly to the LL or to the claimant. Back then it wasn't actually that difficult to rent on HB as long as you agreed it would be paid to the LL (and you'd make up the difference). With Universal Credit, the Housing element is paid in with UC so directly to claimants and whilst the idea is to make people more financially responsible, it also makes it much more difficult for people to rent if they claim UC since that can fluctuate

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Coming from the past because I had to go OUTSIDE and missed the chaos 😭

This vulnerable old man who grandad had taken in at the guest house that Big Dave insisted on providing for - I'm a little surprised that there's no mention of him in the will. Do any legal Fraus know how common that sort of thing is?

I'm dealing with the estate of a *hiss* landlord relative at the moment who inherited his house divided into flats from his parents (lol sound familiar?). Anyway one of them was rented to another family member on an actual peppercorn rent for like 50 years and most of his will is setting out explicit arrangements for her future housing/care. Dunno, maybe it's unusual but made me raise an eyebrow reading it. Grandad H's estate was several times the size of this one.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Jack might have a virtual audience the twice the size of the Glastonbury Pyramid stage but today she hasn't even been bottled off, people have been throwing garden chairs and piss grenades.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just saw JM has made it onto my twitter timeline :( it was the one about how trolls dislike her for being so open about recovery. I think she has missed the point, people are concerned about her being open about other people's recovery! Although did she dirty delete the screenshot of that WhatsApp message?

Reactions: 32
About to get on a train into town. Hope nobody tries to hand me their 6 day old baby because I'm just not interested.
And you know, I like babies well enough, they're nice little things, but that 'it's making my ovaries ache!' shite is so gross. I know lots of men who think babies/children are good to have around and yet you never hear them say 'oh god, holding this infant is making my testes explode!'

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Wow I’ve been really busy this morning and this is the time she lets dumb Jack out of the box!
I love it most when she talks about things she has duck all knowledge of and then it runs away from her.

Beautiful…
Surely that is a daily occurrence, she knows burger all about most things

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.