Jack Monroe #392 This is why ppl cook you on that gossip app innit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time I see one of Jacks recipes I think of that old lady in the Vicar of Dibley who made stomach churning stuff, like marmalade and hotdog soup etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I think the third pie says 'BED' and she'll greedily devour it in bed later. The one that looks like an hole will be inhaled while she's tweeting from the bog in the morning.
Why Jack cheer?
Night pie here.

Why she sigh?
Can't fry
bed pie.

Why so snippy?
Bald the housemate
fled to chippy.

If I put prunes in a pie I certainly wouldn't admit to it.
Why Jack tweet on toilet?
Prunes in pie, and nearly soiled it.

(Sorry)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh that is disappointing. It's a really good idea too but if they're a Jack stan, that causes me issues around trust and so I SHAN'T donate. Just to be clear I'm not accusing the fundraising squig of anything but if they can't see what's wrong with how Jack had run the Teemill fundraiser and her Patreon then I can't take the chance. I shall continue to stick dried herbs and spices in the foodbank box at the supermarket but I really liked the idea of giving people their own basic collection as it opens up so many possibilities for making food go further. Even just something as simple as stirring a bit of smoked paprika through unrinsed baked beans livens them up no end, especially cheaper brands. That might work with unrinsed hoops too, now I come to think of it.
Ah right. That’s why I’d blocked them on Twitter. She is a massive fan of Jack. Well done TD for being the better person.

Reactions: 30
Why Jack cheer?
Night pie here.

Why she sigh?
Can't fry
bed pie.

Why so snippy?
Bald the housemate
fled to chippy.

Why Jack tweet on toilet?
Prunes in pie, and nearly soiled it.

(Sorry)
If I could sew and had any artistic skills I’d embroider that onto a cushion. Now duck off x

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is it just me or has every family had a WhatsApp group forever, already? And yet here’s Jack just setting one up?
I bet everyone was delighted when she created that group.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Sounds like a Victorian mourning dish.

lost pages from Dickens

“do I see a Small Boy there, afeared and alarmed?” declared Mr Shrivelbits, pointing towards young Monroe.
“oh sir it is nothing sir,” the young man trembled. “Just that I received a letter this morning from my Ma.”
”well and what of it?” asked the teacher, not unkindly. “What is it that a mother could write, that would make a boy turn pale as the moon?”
”sir, she has said I should come home,” the lad stammered.
”and…?”
”and that she has made black pudding and prune pie sir and that I must eat it.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
So her dog's eaten not one but 2 hoover wires in the last month? After one, you'd have thought you'd tidy the damned thing away.

Especially with being so frugal and all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I'm coming from the past but isn't it interesting that she put all those stars on her own pie and none on her son's?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
I would immediately text back "Really sorry, just ran into a mate and we've gone for a bite to eat". Then I would go missing for a week or two until I was sure she'd had to bin it.
Unfortunately for our Jackie if you text 'ran into a mate' she will obviously take you literally with her autism and think you had a head-on collision while out for a jog.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Is it just me or has every family had a WhatsApp group forever, already? And yet here’s Jack just setting one up?
They already all had one together but had to pretend to be novices when Jack set up hers.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
It looks like Molly herself contacted Action Fraud under the advice of the fundraising regulator.
Screenshot_20220910_230249.jpg
Screenshot_20220910_230316.jpg

Edit: apologies, for minor chaos, looks like it was indeed a third party who filed the report
Screenshot_20220910_230532.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I imagine most of them stick to the group they'd set up to witch about how ghastly Jack is.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.