Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Irrelevant, I know, but as a Newbie, could someone maybe explain the origins of 'pumble' and why Laurie is known as 'Content', please?
Couldn't see anything relating to this in the Wiki. Sorry if I missed it.
Laurie is known as Content as in content for Twitter or other social media.

Pumble is a cross between a crumble and a pie. There are some real recipes for it out there where you have a shortcrust pastry base, fruit filling and a crumble top, which sounds pretty good to me. Unfortunately Jack jacked it up and made a version with a topping of cut out puff pastry discs and a watery pear (I think) filling. A brave Frau actually made it and it was not good. The canal believes the pumble has gained sentience and rampages around Thorpe Bay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack's bedroom sounds delightful in the winter.

Flashback to 10th March 2022.
View attachment 1558309

View attachment 1558315

Sorry about the huge screenshots 😑
"Pity Party clean up in aisle three!!!" give it a rest.... also if I was her landlord I'd be storing all these up and "having a word".... "Since April 2020, private landlords have been responsible for upgrading your home's energy efficiency if it falls below an EPC (energy performance certificate) rating of E. An EPC rating measures the energy efficiency of homes on a scale of A-G, with A being the most efficient and G being the least" - so I doubt ALL of this.... Plus Jack eaves "The eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building." so what you mean is the bit OUTSIDE the house isn't insulated you pr*ck..... don't see how a bungalow can have bedrooms "in the eaves".... for a writer you have a tenuous grasp on English.... also if it's draughty under a door there's these wonderful things called....draught excluders! I know! Mental right??? EDIT to say £200? Two adults here - one works from home and they both sleep here every night (unlike SB) our dual fuel is £140 pcm up from £100 (most of that electric). How come a woman with occasional child is on £200 pcm?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
First tweet of the day, it’s Satirical Politics Jack

(no screenshot. Shan’t)

91063920-DD9B-4492-B78D-EBC34C794884.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Gosh it’s just as well she’s vacating the draughty hellhole for a cosy little one bed then. Imagine the reduction in her heating bills!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Draught excluders were mentioned.

and also the bubble wrap, @Veronicaaa. Lol.

View attachment 1558385
She does realise that a house is such a poor condition would not get an energy certificate and therefore would not BY LAW be allowed to be let? She's putting foam in gaps? I hope she has asked the landlord about that..... again I believe that my budgie is in line to be the next Pope more.... she is such a liar. I would be livid if I was her landlord that she was spouting such rubbish.... I bet that property will need a deep clean and fumigation, possible new carpets....

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
My favourite thing on the internet right now is watching your audience engagement dry up 🥰

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 11.57.41.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Raw sausage and raw prawns…two different types of food poisoning for the price of one!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Laurie is Content because we suspect Jack just got her for Twitter content purposes. She does not have a good track record with animals. Pumble is a foul pudding recipe Jack did a while back, you'll get it on her site or on an old thread.
Many thanks for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Warning: really horrible stuff.

It's worth reading that article. What jumps out is how American it sounds, almost as if chunks of it have been copied and pasted from elsewhere. She talks about going to the 'bathroom'- in the cinema; about people living from 'paycheck to paycheck'. The abuse she claims to have received also doesn't ring true. Of all the foul things you could say about her, the n word would be right at the bottom of the list. She's just added her own snippets to another person's story.
[/QUOTE]

Also completely outrageous that she said the N word in the first place!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I’ve been here a while but I still don’t understand why she calls it a bungalow when it has an upstairs bit? Forgive me fraus if this is a silly question. But even the ✨ comment club ✨ don’t question it?
Small fry in the wider collection of lies and misinformation but it’s bugged me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.