Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure I checked the energy rating of the crappy bungalow when she was going all bubblewrap and it’s completely fine.

Just checked again, yep, it’s okay. Landlords have to have a certain rating now theirs is fine.

Reactions: 33
Also completely outrageous that she said the N word in the first place!!
This is what she does. It's widely agreed that the N word is the worst and most toxic of all the racially abusive words. It's history is shameful and for white as mayo Monroe to go chucking it about in a pity me whine is disgusting.
[/QUOTE]
Also I notice it includes not one but two links to the tip jar.

and this is interesting:
I know for some of my elderly friends, or housebound and disabled friends, social media is a lifeline, and I don’t outright decry it for that reason. But I am neither infirm nor housebound, and so I walked away.
This blog post was written a year after she said her doctor told her she had RA

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Jack has two French doors at the rear of her house. I am guessing, if she ever actually did it, she covered those in bubble wrap and then didn't use the doors after that. She has a regular back door in the kitchen.

#doors
One of my neighbours has bubble wrap 'double glazing', on the windows. But doors?!
She made it sound as if it was the bedroom door/s, to me.

Reactions: 15
OK, I'll leave it. I had no idea, thank you for putting me right.
Everyday is a school day!
It is a shame though because if it wasn’t for the other meaning, we’d be photoshopping her melted candle tiny head on to cartoons of him all day long.

Will have to make do with spoooons and pumble.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
This is what she does. It's widely agreed that the N word is the worst and most toxic of all the racially abusive words. It's history is shameful and for white as mayo Monroe to go chucking it about in a pity me whine is disgusting.
Also I notice it includes not one but two links to the tip jar.

and this is interesting:
This blog post was written a year after she said her doctor told her she had RA
[/QUOTE]
And often can't even get upstairs... that's *quite* infirm, imo.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
If a bungalow has stairs and an upstairs, it’s a house.
I’ve finally found the hill I will die on. *folds arms defiantly*
DO NOT @ ME
We used to call them bungalhouses at school. I'm not sure why we even had a specific term for them, but hey.

Her casual use of the n word in that article is gross and I absolutely don't believe it happened to her. I'm not particularly a person who will censor myself but I can't even really bring myself to type it out with asterisks.

eta: I can believe it happens to people of colour over here, Black or otherwise cos I've seen it happen and told people to get to duck for it, but I don't believe it happened to Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ve been here a while but I still don’t understand why she calls it a bungalow when it has an upstairs bit? Forgive me fraus if this is a silly question. But even the ✨ comment club ✨ don’t question it?
Small fry in the wider collection of lies and misinformation but it’s bugged me
It's probably just what it said on the deeds. It's a dormer bungalow,. A bungalow has one floor and roof space (or a flat roof of course) , a house would have two floors and roof space/flat roof.

Reactions: 10
It turns out pumble is an app for team comms?
It’s supposed to be a cross between a pie and a crumble. Pastry case, fruit, crumble lid. Nobody knows why Jack made the weird pastry discs on hers, or whether it had a crumble topping.

5B86DD42-56FB-4671-9C53-F06273E2F5F3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
One of my neighbours has bubble wrap 'double glazing', on the windows. But doors?!
She made it sound as if it was the bedroom door/s, to me.
She was talking about the house and her energy bills in general. There were many tweets. I just grabbed two of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She was brownnosing an American named Linda Tirado at the time, copying her. Tirado wrote a well-regarded piece about how poverty affects teeth.
Probably not permitted here, so pls delete if necessary, but looking at LT, it seems to me that the two have a lot more in common than just their stories of poverty. Like a lot of contradictions and stuff not ringing true. Is LT Jack's mentor/ role model in ALL ways, possibly?
[/QUOTE]
LT's twitter is very Jack-adjacent in tone.
On a separate note, what in the colonial-leaning duck is Jack doing to étouffée?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She was talking about the house and her energy bills in general. There were many tweets. I just grabbed two of them.
This really annoys me as there are schemes in place to upgrade insulation in the PRS. You have to inform your landlord but there's only a tiny number of reasons they can reject it. It's subsidised and some landlords choose to pay the balance or you can opt to. People on various benefits (including ones Jack would be eligible for) don't have to pay. Again another reason I don't believe her because either she knows nothing about this scheme (making her a tit activist) or the bungalow isn't as bad as she says (she's lyin') or she can (could?) swallow the energy costs (she's lyin') or she's not entitled to the benefits that would make it free and can't afford the difference (she's lyin')

• Heart
Didn’t Jack also show a proposed increased bill that included boiler servicing/repair contract which obviously couldn’t be hers because the landlady would pay for all that. All about the grift.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I don’t have anything useful to add but I need it to be known that I’ve gone past 🦉🍾 and I’m still squawking at this post from Jenny and I bloody love coming over to play on Jack’s threads.

6512019D-1D01-4898-A0FD-7D1A9D11B26A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
If her bungalow is rented from a friend/neighbour (I'm sure I read that somewhere) doesn't this person mind that Jack is always slagging off the bungalow online and making out that this person is the worst sort of slum landlord going?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.