Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t want to zoom in too close for fear of getting a close-up eyeful of her manky feet but are we to believe she’s sleeping on the sofa with no undersheet and a dog for a blanket? She’s a right grubby mare. Hers is the sort of house where you’d go for a shower and come out feeling dirtier than when you went in. You’d think seeing as she so does duck all work and spends all day puttering around her bungalow making
pointless lists and rearranging her possessions that she could at least clean the place. She’s got no idea about how to run a home. That’s why she thought it was ok to put her feet all over that chair at the festival. Take domestic advice from you, Jack? No ta, pal.
I could imagine that after a while when the fuss about her sleeping on the sofa dies doen, she'll announce that in preparation for the Big Move, she's going to be living in a tent in the garden since its the same size as her new flat

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Quoting myself like a (proud) ninny but I just thought of Adrian saying ‘I have never seen a dead body or a female nipple. This is what comes of living in a cul de sac’. Made me laugh all over again. We need laughs here in the Frau Squad.
Ah I love the part where he asks his parents what sort of son they would have liked & they take the whole supermarket visit and journey home telling him 😂His dad wanted a ruddy cheeked, womanising sportsman and his mum wanted a lefty, willowy, wise soul whose best friend was an old African woman. To bring it back to Jack, that’s a conversation I’d love to overhear.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
There is no logic at all to this.
She is using SB's bedroom as a dumping group thus displacing him - instead of using the cleared outside shed or the usually locked (duck knows why 🤷‍♀️) dining room. Both on the ground floor so easier to shift stuff from.
She is choosing to sleep for 6 months on a sofa. Even though she is disabled. And recently the pain was worse than it had ever been. But there is still a bed in SB'S old room. And she gave away a sofa bed.
I could attempt a Venn diagram of the permutations she keeps suggesting but I know I'd still be baffled anyway.
She has deployed the “yes but because” defence again, something we’ve come to expect from her against this class of opposition. We have simultaneously too much information about the sleeping arrangements and too little reasoned logic. It’s a classic Monroeuver at this stage in the game Jeff, and we can expect to see more of this tactic in the second half. I’m thinking it’ll go to extra time.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The basis of her shopping method is that you have a well stocked freezer, store cupboard and leftovers from the week before? No wonder she only spends ‘£20’. Could she be any more of a tricksy pixie fraud?
Based on that criteria my shop has been £6.90 ....I win Jack! 🏆

Reactions: 14
This time last year...

We were in the short-lived cabbage era and thread #205 spanned 7 DAYS. SEVEN DAYS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
My nana dressed better than Jack and she was vision impaired.
I’m only just crawling onto page one after an exhausting day of existence, so have likely missed many a hilarious chaos, but I’d really love this to be a thread title!
Now duck off x

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I could imagine that after a while when the fuss about her sleeping on the sofa dies doen, she'll announce that in preparation for the Big Move, she's going to be living in a tent in the garden since its the same size as her new flat
She's marked out the size of the flat with tape and is using a piece of cardboard to represent furniture/content/herself to see if it will fit

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She has always fed cats that spenny food in the little gold tins. I’m sure years ago, like in the beginning, she was saying you can wash out the cat food tin and use it as a napkin ring and I was picturing a 400g tin of whiskas not the tiny 100g cat caviar that is gourmet gold
ETA I am a poor so have never really owned either napkins nor their rings. Also it’s the 21st Century they’re not a thing any more.
Here at Pimpinella Towers we use them. Admittedly the napkins are mostly vintage ones and fit with my desire to live in the 1950s...when men wore hats and opened doors...not traaazers falling down and elbowed you out the way...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Alright Frau,

Anyone have access through their local library?

I'm curious if this is just a rehash of her precious BBC Good Food horrors

Screenshot_20220906_230312.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Vlad, please stop giving me ads for stunt hair. I haven't got a book coming out at a nebulous, ever-shifting time so don't need to worry about continuity x

View attachment 1560295
You’ve just reminded me of another era. Curly Hair Jack. Wait, was she following that thing or was she drying her hair with leggings because she is lazy?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The diabetes thing may be my aneurism and it hasn't even happened yet.o_O

T1 diabetes is one of the auto-immune conditions I have that I mentioned in my other posts. Had it around 30yrs now since I was 11. The prospect of her giving dietry advice in any form to T1 diabetics is terrifying... if she doesn't get 'em with malnutrition she'll get 'em with dodgy carb advice! 🤬

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.