Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We can only wonder at the windmills of her mind..... and with that I'm off to sleep. Fark orf y'all. .

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Same old tit. Beans again and that mug pasta crap was what she did with that poor lady in a video and she had to faff about putting bowls under mugs and tipping away the water that overflowed. Hot tip Jack-nobody does this rubbish as it’s a ball ache, tastes crap and all the washing up/necessity for cling film negates saving 2p by using the hob.
I can’t believe publications pay for this crap that’s already been done. And the hot tip about not using metal in a microwave? Kinda in the instruction manual Jack if the sparks and weird noises don’t alert you 🙄
Did you see the handy tip where you could take it to work by swapping oil for the butter and mixing the oil with cheese in one container and the pasta with water in a different one.

And hope they don’t leak in your bag.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Her ideas aren't recipes..we know they're nightmares...shudders in cold sweat

Reactions: 19
Microwave Chilli eggs...... is a "MEAL" @ 215KCals.
Microwave Chilli @ 333 Kcals......

Just duck off and get in the sea Monroe.

Reactions: 22
For anyone who hasn't seen it...

Mac n cheese in a mug. Recipe starts at 17:48 but the first 15 seconds are worth watching:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
That "macaroni cheese" looks so awful. A great big duck You in a mug. Just get a soup-a-noodle fgs
Tesco’s value frozen mac and cheese is 75p. Not ideal to live on, but a hell of a lot more pleasant than Jack’s slop. And you can cook it in the microwave without any potential explosions or mess.

Reactions: 32
Same old tit. Beans again and that mug pasta crap was what she did with that poor lady in a video and she had to faff about putting bowls under mugs and tipping away the water that overflowed. Hot tip Jack-nobody does this rubbish as it’s a ball ache, tastes crap and all the washing up/necessity for cling film negates saving 2p by using the hob.
I can’t believe publications pay for this crap that’s already been done. And the hot tip about not using metal in a microwave? Kinda in the instruction manual Jack if the sparks and weird noises don’t alert you 🙄
Yup, there's a reason so few people use the microwave for cooking (not talking about heating things up) when they can do it on a hob. It just all feel so awful that people are generally having to consider the joyless undertaking of cooking in a microwave*, because the government can't sort out the energy price crisis (they will have some plans, but the getting Liz Truss in place circus of the last weeks and the zombie government as a result means we have no bleeping clue what's goign to happen).

*Perhaps some people do enjoy it, then more power to you! There is just something sad about the idea of people bleeping up the meals they are used to cooking on a hob in a microwave in an attempt to save a few pence.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Has Jack ever come up with an original recipe?
I hope so because I can't live in a world where multiple iterations of liver, black pudding, lentil and blue cheese lasagna exist. But I suppose that's an idea not a recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If she wants to be down with us poors she needs to get a real job and graft on our wages (retail, cleaning, waitress) begging on patreon and arguing with politicians on twitter isn't a job nor is it pro active. Want to help real single mothers? Do some community work, want to make a difference to the current benefits system, get into politics, do something pro active. Sitting on GMB and participating in nonsense interviews just talking and not doing a thing after having popped one too many ritalin pills doesn't count as a job. A lot of people can write recipes, even nigella and Jamie have recipes made with cheaper foods it's absolutely not niche to you at all Jack, stop trying to gate keep.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I reckon Jack’s been reading this absolute banger. Look, it’s even her favourite colour and there’s a horse spunk dish.

1BF5D76E-7616-46E1-8685-11C1FC8AA7B7.jpeg

(As a kid I really wanted to make the cake at the back. I was so curious about how this could be microwaved. Plus the orange juice. WTF?)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I could imagine that after a while when the fuss about her sleeping on the sofa dies doen, she'll announce that in preparation for the Big Move, she's going to be living in a tent in the garden since its the same size as her new flat
Not wild wee Jack, wasn’t that the final straw for LJC?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I reckon Jack’s been reading this absolute banger. Look, it’s even her favourite colour and there’s a horse spunk dish.

View attachment 1560444
(As a kid I really wanted to make the cake at the back. I was so curious about how this could be microwaved. Plus the orange juice. WTF?)
Are you sure this book exists? Microwave cooking was invented by Jack and is her niche brand didn't you know. It must be true because she said so, she's incapable of lying too because she's autistic (her words, not mine)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Holy mother of God, what an absolute bleeping faff.
The whole thing is a cringe fest of mammoth proportions (unlike the ’food’ itself).
The way she stands over that lady nodding at her crumbling a stock cube, the teethy trying it and nodding with ‘you did a good job’😂 and the aggressively sliding it over to her at the end. Terrible. All the charisma of a rattlesnake.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.