Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Incoming rant on a high earner presuming everyone can afford to run a freezer and heat food or something.

ETA. Also going say her meal plan is 7 days but this one is only 5. Even though everyone has pasta, oats and other stock to make up the two days, like Jack does but the tune will be changed for this one.
29.77 for 5 days, or £40 for 7 days :)

I suppose that’s one way to save on your energy bills. By serving up raw food hopefully the food poisoning passes quickly.
And with a temperature of 104f you won't want the heating on - bonus!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack because I know you read here, why don’t you ask your publishers to add this as the strap line for your next recipe book. Gives a real sense of the personality behind the food.

View attachment 1559315
You know... If you say that in a particular way you too can sound like a doctor from Star Trek..

"For god's sake Squid... Im a slop cook, not a MEAL PLANNER!"

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Incoming rant on a high earner presuming everyone can afford to run a freezer and heat food or something.

ETA. Also going say her meal plan is 7 days but this one is only 5. Even though everyone has pasta, oats and other stock to make up the two days, like Jack does but the tune will be changed for this one.
She'll probably charge at the poor womans Twitter like a furious bull and demand she prepares a menu for a poor with a glass eye who only has a mug and a spooooon. Arrogantly tossing in that she has 10 minutes to comply. When that doesn't work she'll inexplicably accuse the poor woman of LITERAL MURDER.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
No. On the very rare occasion it happened before Molly, there was an instant and generally very nasty pile on with smol pixie leading the pack

Jack seems to have disappeared from the list of Guardian contributors and columnists. I thought she was listed as a columnist before but maybe a Forensic Frau knows for sure
edit apologies for the size of the images

View attachment 1559466View attachment 1559467
Nope you are right not under J or M and not listed in the food writers

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Nope you are right not under J or M and not listed in the food writers
Excellent. Hopefully another quiet cancellation to add to poverty grifter Jack Monroe's tally of people who not only won't work either her again, but delete all trace of previous endeavours too.

Reactions: 28
*taps sign*

Reactionary means the opposite of what you think it does Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She has always fed cats that spenny food in the little gold tins. I’m sure years ago, like in the beginning, she was saying you can wash out the cat food tin and use it as a napkin ring and I was picturing a 400g tin of whiskas not the tiny 100g cat caviar that is gourmet gold
ETA I am a poor so have never really owned either napkins nor their rings. Also it’s the 21st Century they’re not a thing any more.
I love a proper napkin. I have six, all linen, acquired from BHF shop for 20p each. I’ve had them for quite a few years now and they make me feel swanky. They get washed along with the tea towels and stuff. Napkin rings? I used them for Christmas dinner one year and make some classy rings out of toilet roll tubes. Decorated tastefully by wrapping them in tin foil. I think that was 2016 and I’m still using them. Sorry. Wildly off topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I hope everyone on here is still full of fury at life of whatever it is we are supposed to be.

She has literally done the whole argue with squig, punch down thing for coming up on a month. She keeps saying she is exhausted, yet its like groundhog day.

Also people on the breadline pet, work out food for the week, so often at the end of the week they maybe is only a moldy piece of bread and an unopened tin of beans. Skint people usually live hand to mouth so squig as a point when asking if it comes from your shopping stock or your hoarded stock.

We have limited storage in our kitchen due to size so i dont have massive amounts of stored food.
"Final word."

1662487923190.png

How did it come to *gestures* this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
I love a proper napkin. I have six, all linen, acquired from BHF shop for 20p each. I’ve had them for quite a few years now and they make me feel swanky. They get washed along with the tea towels and stuff. Napkin rings? I used them for Christmas dinner one year and make some classy rings out of toilet roll tubes. Decorated tastefully by wrapping them in tin foil. I think that was 2016 and I’m still using them. Sorry. Wildly off topic.
I bought a wicker box thing and pretty paper napkins from IKEA. Mainly used to wet and wipe my kids faces before school or to blow noses with. So classy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh my goodness! Gracious, humble Jack? :unsure:
Jack, please leave the diabetics alone. They're not a group of people who can afford to take risks with their diet. You make nutritionally inadequate slop for everyone else and there's no reason to think Diabetes on Bootstrap will be any different. Why don't you occupy yourself and do Big Dave a gold trifle to say sorry to him for implying he left you to starve?

• Heart
Reactions: 55
If the tantrums on Twitter are anything to go by can you imagine what’s she’s like with her family if they are anything other than adoring and doting? I shudder to think about her temper around SB and wonder if his angelic behaviour isn’t just her narrative but how he behaves to stop any rages.
What with the bedroom stuff over the weekend, the lady doth protest too much posts re him Coming first, I think she’s getting worse. That poor kid.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.