Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why, but, this latest performance by Jack is really getting to me. Those dreadful lists, no one in there right mind is going to eat any of that. The abomination pig and prawn thing. I fully understand that people on budgets need recipes to make a limited selection of food more tasty and interesting. But that load of incredibly awful stuff is not helping anyone. Like most people we’ve had tough times, we married during the 3 day week, blackouts, roaring inflation, baby on the way. One bedroom flat, shared bathroom, no heating, no money. I never at anytime would have thought any of that utter tit she has produced today would have made meal times better. Sorry, rant over.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
She has always fed cats that spenny food in the little gold tins. I’m sure years ago, like in the beginning, she was saying you can wash out the cat food tin and use it as a napkin ring and I was picturing a 400g tin of whiskas not the tiny 100g cat caviar that is gourmet gold
ETA I am a poor so have never really owned either napkins nor their rings. Also it’s the 21st Century they’re not a thing any more.
Ha, I may be that weird thing, a middle class poor. I now have 25+ cats and five dogs so the pet food being left out of Jack Monroe's shops really annoys me. I do, however, still own a christening present napkin ring and a nearly empty fridge.
20220906_195350.jpg

20220906_195117_mfnr.jpg

20220906_195140_mfnr.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Did we ever get to know what the Terribly Exciting Thing (that may happen) was all about from a few weeks ago? She seems to post about quite a few of these terribly exciting things that we never get to know the outcome of.

And I hope the person who asked that v good q a while ago isn't holding their breath waiting for an answer.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I don’t know why, but, this latest performance by Jack is really getting to me. Those dreadful lists, no one in there right mind is going to eat any of that. The abomination pig and prawn thing. I fully understand that people on budgets need recipes to make a limited selection of food more tasty and interesting. But that load of incredibly awful stuff is not helping anyone. Like most people we’ve had tough times, we married during the 3 day week, blackouts, roaring inflation, baby on the way. One bedroom flat, shared bathroom, no heating, no money. I never at anytime would have thought any of that utter tit she has produced today would have made meal times better. Sorry, rant over.
Also the whole colcannon being trendy annoys me. Its bloody leftovers and in her neck of the woods they look top dolla for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Her phone number is now on Twitter.

same foul account that posted the maps image of thorpe bay at the weekend, reposting the photos of laurie with the number visible on her tag

ive reported it (again). that account violates so many terms it's unreal

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Its on one of her pics. She posted it. Terrified of stalkers but posts her number for all to see.
It’s the Laurie pics from a while ago. She said she didn’t care about the number because it was a work phone. She knows it’s there. I think she was hoping to record abuse, cops in, the whole circus tbh. Failed miserably, nobody cared

Reactions: 32
Did we ever get to know what the Terribly Exciting Thing (that may happen) was all about from a few weeks ago? She seems to post about quite a few of these terribly exciting things that we never get to know the outcome of.

And I hope the person who asked that v good q a while ago isn't holding their breath waiting for an answer.
Still waiting for the blog about the anniversary of the painful (distracting from criticism) stuff the other day.

Reactions: 31
If I really was needing to spend £20 a week only I would probably be able to do it but all treats would be gone it would be absolute basic solid food. It would be carefully planned out and any extra money would go to a pack of chocolate biscuits or some treat. Wouldn't be to stock a larder as when you are strapped you bloody think short term not long term.

God I can't stand how she manipulates people, people who seem intelligent, she is an absolute whopper.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why is she being nice? I mean if it's a real change (I know it isn't) then great. Otherwise it's just really unsettling.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s the Laurie pics from a while ago. She said she didn’t care about the number because it was a work phone. She knows it’s there. I think she was hoping to record abuse, cops in, the whole circus tbh. Failed miserably, nobody cared
Ah I see.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her missing from the guardian website contributers seems to be something of a red herring. I've not found an instance of her being on there on the way back machine, even in the months she's had published articles.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I wonder if the diabetes squig will be invoicing an appropriate amount for her consultation work? We know Jackie is a big fan of not doing stuff for free and costing out to the minute (and R&R time too!) exactly how much she should be charging for services rendered.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The phone number visibility has been pointed out to her before, but she didn’t seem to be too fussed for someone who is being stalked, harassed, receiving death threats etc. Makes you think.

18BADB03-26AD-48A5-982A-B9B8F415F105.jpeg

Reactions: 30
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Ha, I may be that weird thing, a middle class poor. I now have 25+ cats and five dogs so the pet food being left out of Jack Monroe's shops really annoys me. I do, however, still own a christening present napkin ring and a nearly empty fridge.View attachment 1559587
View attachment 1559594
View attachment 1559603
Oh my gosh, you can get big tubs of that yellow allioli. They only do the small tubs in Morrisons and it’s never in stock. I’m moving to whatever part of Spain this is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.