Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of those are things I wouldn’t have in a freeze but need to be in a fridge… I’d have thought… and yet more eggs
Yes the fridge or a cupboard. A small amount of the ingredients seem to be from a freezer.
Apparently she has to empty the freezer as she is giving it to someone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Brave man! States the obvious.
I use an app that holds my recipes and keeps track of what I have in the freezer. I've also got a fairly good grasp of what's in the fridge and cupboards. Menu planning goes like so:
  1. Open menu planning website and outlook diary. Check if there are any days when I'm out in the evening.
  2. Use menu planning website to plan week's menus, being careful I'm not left with half a block of feta or something weird to carry over
  3. open shopping list part of menu planning website, tick off the things I know I have plenty of.
  4. grab phone, open menu planning app on phone, go to shopping list bit.
  5. Take phone into kitchen, check the remaining bits on the list, delete the ones I have.
  6. Go shopping with much smaller list

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Yes the fridge or a cupboard. A small amount of the ingredients seem to be from a freezer.
Apparently she has to empty the freezer as she is giving it to someone.

Getting down to one freezer like most people have! (Was there nothing in the other freezer she gave away the other week?)

Also......where are the frozen fishies?! 🐟

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'd have thought 18yrs ago, kids got phones at a later age (if at all) than they do now.

Would it make her feel better to know I got my first in my 20s, and bought it myself?
I'm a few years older than Jack and I think by the time she was 16 that was about the normal age to get one?? And Nokia's were, in the main, the phone to have still unless you were a corpor
This is an abomination. 🤢

Reactions: 13
Getting down to one freezer like most people have! (Was there nothing in the other freezer she gave away the other week?)

Also......where are the frozen fishies?! 🐟
Oh blimey I'd forgotten she gave away a freezer recently.
And I really don't want to think about her meaty flurries 😷

Screenshot_20220906_154019.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I use an app that holds my recipes and keeps track of what I have in the freezer. I've also got a fairly good grasp of what's in the fridge and cupboards. Menu planning goes like so:
  1. Open menu planning website and outlook diary. Check if there are any days when I'm out in the evening.
  2. Use menu planning website to plan week's menus, being careful I'm not left with half a block of feta or something weird to carry over
  3. open shopping list part of menu planning website, tick off the things I know I have plenty of.
  4. grab phone, open menu planning app on phone, go to shopping list bit.
  5. Take phone into kitchen, check the remaining bits on the list, delete the ones I have.
  6. Go shopping with much smaller list
Ooh I need this in my life

Reactions: 16
Children with rickets and crumpled bus tickets

No mobile phones or homes of their own.
On a grunt so sorry if it’s been mentioned, but you reminded me of this Mel C masterpiece.

‘I can’t live without my phone

BUT YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A HOME’

Poetry.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The strange food combination ideas are distractions. Don’t fall for it.
where did the Teemill money go and where does it continue to go?

and what’s happening to the Patreons Jack?

its all about the Grift.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
But why does a 90% vegan even have enough meat in their freezer for a "meaty flurry"? I legitimately am 80-90% vegan, and currently in the freezer I have half a package of shaved beef left over from making bulgogi a couple of weeks ago. Everything else is plants.

Reactions: 35
First up Jack, stop trying to play the sympathy card.

Second of all I don't believe you even have 2 friends, never mind the statistical odds of both sadly facing an ICU visit at the same time.

Thirdly I do believe you've been awake 3 nights (rare I believe anything you say, so this is a special moment, dear heart) but not through worry for imaginary friends, more from sudden and sustained inclement weather ❄❄❄❄

Feel free to track me found by eye pea address for a private chat on all the above points if you'd prefer 👍🖕🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 51
If she's having a bad time (and obvs get well soon to the people in hosp) why has she suddenly decided to write and tweet three handwritten pages of recipe mad libs?
Like, have a nap, make a brew. Dare I say it...touch some grass.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.