Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting down to one freezer like most people have! (Was there nothing in the other freezer she gave away the other week?)

Also......where are the frozen fishies?! 🐟
Perhaps each freezer had a customised curated bespoke list of items that were softly, gently laid on each shelf in blissfull solitude until such time as they were awakened - and mercilessly mashed to within an inch of their ice crystals..... now they are all in the one freezer..... the humanity!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I usually eat a fair amount of meat but the phrase “meaty flurry” may have put me off for quite a while 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Crikey, can’t keep up! Had some lunch, back to work and now there’s a ridiculous list on the Twitter and another 10 pages here. This is becoming a full time job! Has she just copied an index out of a cookbook?
Not a cookbook in the erm traditional sense. Perhaps the devil has a cookbook?

Reactions: 10
It's called Plan to Eat, costs £15 a year (ish, it's charged in USD) and worth every penny. I can DM you an affiliate link that gets you a free month, if you like.
Please, I am shocking at wasting food. Shameful almost. I hope to be an adult soon 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm surprised anyone even bothers interacting with her online anymore because pretty much all her replies are just aggressive and unpleasant.

Reactions: 36
But you're not "tired of it," are you, Jack. You delight in it. You invite the criticism because without it, you can't play the victim. It's safe to say you love it. And slowly, people are beginning to wise up. So now you have to make up most of the abuse you claim to get.

How tragic. Jack sitting on her phone all day, calling herself names and then throwing her arms up to beg for pity. What a life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
If a bungalow has stairs and an upstairs, it’s a house.
I’ve finally found the hill I will die on. *folds arms defiantly*
DO NOT @ ME
A dormer bungalow goes up into the eaves and roof and has no loft. Also have a small footprint in the bedrooms. Although 2 of the bedrooms do start to go into the eaves the main room does not, it is just a normal box shaped room. She also has a loft, she's shown pictures of the loft hatch and you can see from the pictures her bedroom there is space above her window for a loft.
Also, they are huge rooms. Hers, the main room, covers the front half of the footprint of the house. It also has two huge built in storage cupboards. She's also described the stairs as 'spiral' on several occasions. However she has also shown many pictures to show that they are just normal stairs and not spiral at all.
All of the 'crappy bungalow' type comments are meant to give the impression she's living in a hovel when in actual fact it is a very pretty Victorian detached cottage.
I understand your pain!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Sausage … and prawns? Nope. Chorizo and prawns, maybe, but these look like bog standard bollock sausages. 🤢
I actually found a version of this recipe from the Guardian. In it, Jack says: “Etouffee is traditionally made with shrimps, but I use prawns.”
But isn’t that because it’s a US/Cajun dish, and “shrimp” is the US term for “prawns”? (Whereas in the UK “shrimp” means those teeny tiny brown shrimps which would be far too delicate for a recipe like this anyway - you want big fat prawns). 🤔
35C21E23-063F-4B31-B783-1B5EFEA3ADE3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Ok you massive bleep, what would you advise a young adult who has moved into their own RENTED flat for the first time? They have a limited budget and no rich parents and no food supplies of any kind. How much money would they need in order to set up a store cupboard, frozen and fresh items? Where is your advice for young, possibly vulnerable adults, people newly arrived from abroad, women in shelters and teenagers that left home for genuine reasons?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Here's some flying monkeys in the mentions of the person who originally asked about costing. First and last tweet is the wonky flying monkey, who was apparently appalled at some troll talking about using 'piano wire' against Jack (don't think she ever actually produced the tweet). Anyway, apparently piano wire violence BAD, but electrical cable and crocodile clip violence is FINE.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 15.53.42.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
I usually eat a fair amount of meat but the phrase “meaty flurry” may have put me off for quite a while 🤢
I know. Unbidden images of squatty potty usage keep popping up.
Jack coming out and saying 'I'd give it a minute'.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I have a small freezer, send cashos and don't you dare ask any bleeping questions my entire family is in the ICU

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Chalet bungalow is used by estate agents to describe the setup where bedrooms are in the roof/eaves. It’s common in that part of south-east, bet if you search bungalows in Southend on Rightmove you will find many.
I’ve got a chalet bungalow. We call it a house

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Ok you massive bleep, what would you advise a young adult who has moved into their own RENTED flat for the first time? They have a limited budget and no rich parents and no food supplies of any kind. How much money would they need in order to set up a store cupboard, frozen and fresh items? Where is your advice for young, possibly vulnerable adults, people newly arrived from abroad, women in shelters and teenagers that left home for genuine reasons?
She doesn't even acknowledge how she has 'leftovers' in her stockpile of food after only spending £20 or less on shopping a week. I hate all the performative media pieces that do these food challenges, but the one consensus is that you have to scrape by with nothing left over at the end, and no room for extra treats. £20 a week for food is doable, but not in the long term etc etc.

Jack though? Jack feeds herself, a growing 'teen' and a hard working labourer on just £20 a week, with enough to keep her stock cupboards full too. She has so much from her measly investment that she can write page after page of awful concoctions.

It's all a load of bollocks (sausages).

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.