Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know much about pickling but this sounds gross
Untitled.png

Do you think the cheese was bought blue or she just left it in there too long. Thrifty!

Genuinely think you could make a novelty meal generator to throw together combinations of random words and they'd be about as appetising. In fact I'm convinced that's how she's doing it.
Let me introduce you to slopbot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Does one of them say "crabby mac and cheese" or am I misreading.

Does crabby indicate that it's not real crab (merely crab..y) and she's just mashed some dubious tinned seafood into pasta?

Or does it indicate the emotion you feel on being presented with the dish.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Pink pickled eggs? Y tho.

That is a lot of food she has lying around 🙄
Boil eggs. Place in jar. Add the juice from last year's pickled radishes and the vinegar left in that old jar of cocktail beetroots from the back of the fridge. Leave in the fridge for at least a month, then serve smooshed in a buttered roll or halved on top of the pate Bolognese or crabby macaroni as a garnish. Enjoy! 🧑‍🍳💋

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Does one of them say "crabby mac and cheese" or am I misreading.

Does crabby indicate that it's not real crab (merely crab..y) and she's just mashed some dubious tinned seafood into pasta?

Or does it indicate the emotion you feel on being presented with the dish.
Oh you are probably onto something. I'm thinking a jar of crab paste. A riff on her foul salmon paste macaroni.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I don't understand. There are plenty of decent ingredients there that you could product a fair few decent meals from. Why does everything have to be morphed into awful concoctions?

• Sick
Reactions: 39
I don't know much about pickling but this sounds gross
View attachment 1558752

Let me introduce you to slopbot
You’re supposed to reboil it all, ie start the process from scratch. Also, as the whole point is that the food takes on the properties of the pickling liquid, you will have to adjust/add depending on what tastes like it’s needed. It’s not a case of just chucking in more stuff.

After Christmas, I used leftover pickling liquid from some baby onions and cornichons (fancy!) to verrrry quick pickle (and eat that day) some finely shredded carrots and cucumbers for a little pickle salad. I had to add sugar and salt. No way can you just Chuck eggs into old pickling liquid with no boiling or adjustments for a week 😵💫

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Chicken liver, black pudding, lentil and blue cheese lasagna? That's the second on the list, my brain locked down and refused to let me read further.
Jack is history's greatest monster.
She must have one of those roulette wheels like they had on this morning that she uses to pick her ingredients from

no one has ever looked at liver and thought it would be improved with blue cheese and tomato sauce

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
She's messing with us.

... She's messing with us...

She's messing with us...right?

I think I'd rather face the pumble, unarmed, than face that lasagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Why does she take lovely ingredients then add her twist.
The twist being she makes them sound the most inedible pile of hate on a plate.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m playing the Jack Monroe Recipe game where the recipe is the first three things you see in your fridge plus the last thing you ate or drank. Mine is Cheese, Bacon and Orange Juice Tea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Didn’t get further than the second line so the rest is white noise but I’m offended that she thinks people are so bleeping stupid as to believe a £20 shop is achievable. Nobody who does a £20 shop has this amount of food hanging around and nobody who has this amount of food hanging around needs to do a £20 shop. So much of what she’s bought is not smart price range, she’s got a cheek and people are totally blind to her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
That's because chicken liver, black pudding, lentils and blue cheese are the four horsemen of the culinary apocalypse, squig.

View attachment 1558696
Hello, yes I’d like to report an attempted crime, the UN still has a presence in Cyprus? It’s an international one aimed at the Greek community. Yes, her again, she’s putting brassicas in egg and lemon soup. Avgolemoni, yeah but with broccoli and cauliflower. I know. Yes, she is still calling it avgolemoni, too. Really? If you could ask the EU to protect the name, that would help. Thanks so much. Hahaha yup, never get a minute, speak soon, I’m sure!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.