Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the idea of her “shopping method” is so funny to me - everyone goes to the shop it’s not a skill!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Been thinking about this "90% vegan" malarkey. I think it's Jack's tricksy wording again. Look at the ingredients of a normal meal. Say for example a roast dinner.
Potatoes
Broccoli
Carrots
Parsnip
Onions
Stuffing (components of stuffing - flour, herbs, onion, breadcrumbs)
Bisto gravy (contains no animal products)
Chicken.
See, 90% vegan! Easy innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I dread to think what Chicken, black bean and peanut stew will taste like :sick: Terrible.

So basically she is now writing out pointless random 'recipes'. This is her helping sooo many people.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m playing the Jack Monroe Recipe game where the recipe is the first three things you see in your fridge plus the last thing you ate or drank. Mine is Cheese, Bacon and Orange Juice Tea.
Cat insulin, cabbage and cheddar hazelnuts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Fraus I am quite upset that my jokey recipe for the pink eggs was actually almost exactly what Jack posted, with the exception of my added pickled radish juice. I think I need a lie down and to spend some time considering my life options. I'm straying down a dangerous path to botulism and salmonella
She has form for this, she had a phase of using recycled boiled beetroot juice to make pasta for SB with her TM cheese sauce (blend milk, flour and a cheese single. Then heat it up)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
So last week she claimed to eat 90% plant-based for environmental reasons... this week, the list contains a paltry three meals that are explicitly meat and dairy free.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That lasagne is too much even for some of the comment club

Screenshot_20220906_142419.jpg

Love the implied "Maybe I read it wrong" because it's so bonkers. Also a sensible "Maybe I'd like it actually" in case Jack turns on them. Keep your bases covered squig!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I don't understand. There are plenty of decent ingredients there that you could product a fair few decent meals from. Why does everything have to be morphed into awful concoctions?
Because.She.Cant.Cook*
And hates food.
You're welcome.😘

*missing apostrophe essential as per Jack Monroe grifter's t-shirts (for the newbies who may have missed that little detail)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
THEY'RE IDEAS NOT A MEAL PLAN

Screenshot_20220906_142712.jpg

Also quoting myself but also she's legit just given a perfect example of this:

You ever worked in an office with somebody who walks around talking about how they just have SO MUCH to do, they have SO MUCH on, they're VERY BUSY, they'd love to stop and chat but they have a to do list longer than War and Peace, it's so very STRESSFUL because their workload is so HIGH, but then if you actually look at them they're doing nothing? That's the twitter version of this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Also, her calling it a stocktake makes my teeth itch for reasons I can't articulate. It's so performative and such a needlessly aggrandising way of saying "I opened the cupboards and saw if I needed to buy anything"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.