Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No. You normally go into the office to discuss edits or the ad campaign or whatever.

My theory is they told her to stfu on Twitter. And they thought it would be gentler and easier to contain if they went to her rather than getting her to come in. The last week has been an absolute catastrophe for the Jack Monroe brand. Molly, her appearance in Edinburgh (when she couldn’t even remember the core concept of the book they were supposed to be discussing - and this was supposed to be a promo for her new book not a rehash of an old one), the bonkers middle of the night shagfest, the attack on a disabled man. It’s a total car crash.

We know they left before 1pm because Content was drinking out of one of their glasses. And she’s been silent since. 4 hours and no tweets.

Wonder if they went round to drop the book?

Reactions: 22
I really hope they did say something and she’s taking some time out from twitter. Yes she’s a twit but clearly unwell and I hope she will get the support she needs.
Me too. I understand why her family etc haven’t stepped in, but if the publishers and her agent don’t, while they presumably continue to make money from her, that would be really crappy.

Reactions: 34
No doubt none of the FMs have pointed out to her that it’s the absolute height of irresponsibility to be showboating online to 500,000 people about your cocktail of medicines which clearly haven’t been prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner.

This is really boiling my piss more than anything she has done over the last couple of days.
Me too. I actually don't particularly agree with people sharing details of properly prescribed medication either in that kind of social media context because it just encourages people to think they can copy prescriptions when obviously treatment should be tailored to the individual. In some cases it can give vulnerable people false hope or to take risks with treatment. But hey ho as long as everyone knows that Jack is SUFFERING that's all that matters.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
No. You normally go into the office to discuss edits or the ad campaign or whatever.

My theory is they told her to stfu on Twitter. And they thought it would be gentler and easier to contain if they went to her rather than getting her to come in. The last week has been an absolute catastrophe for the Jack Monroe brand. Molly, her appearance in Edinburgh (when she couldn’t even remember the core concept of the book they were supposed to be discussing - and this was supposed to be a promo for her new book not a rehash of an old one), the bonkers middle of the night shagfest, the attack on a disabled man. It’s a total car crash.

We know they left before 1pm because Content was drinking out of one of their glasses. And she’s been silent since. 4 hours and no tweets.

Makes a lot of sense . I give her to midnight

Reactions: 23
We might be reading too much into this. Could just be an issue with the continuity hair? Maybe they need a re shoot to get the colour just right- sounds a faff but how many launches have been derailed by a minor difference in the writers hair between cover shoot and launch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
One of mine likes drinking from the glass next to my bed. I have to put a lid on it to stop her because it’s disgusting and I know where her tongue has been.
It's even more disgusting when you DO know where their tongue has been.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Our cat will sometimes delicately lap some lactofree milk from one of the kids glasses if they just leave it lying. He's also sampled some blackcurrant squash before I removed the glass. I don't encourage it and I'd be horrified if he did it to a guest's drink. Feel very queasy thinking about eating or drinking anything in her grubby tit tip of a home. Not a reflection on the home owner but on it's fetid occupant 🤢
That poor dog probably has to drink out of the toilet - a glass was luxury :(

• Sad
Reactions: 16
"The silence of the (complete) Bam". Will our wee manic pixie nightmare remain quiet? Is she sulking prior to a fit of absolute rage tweeting? Off to another meeting as the true hideousness of her recent behaviour finally dawns? Sitting on her hands trying to prove she's not addicted to Twitter or out actually enjoying the company of her lovely son?

Reactions: 18
It sounds like a teenage boy, wonder if her younger brother is staying with her? The ones whos hair she almost cut? Speculation. I have no clue, but he sounds like a teen.

Reactions: 12
I want to know if Owen Jones, who we have not yet conclusively proved to be a murderer, has anything to do with this:

7142D389-8521-45DD-B0D5-D7D7C0ED6777.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Imagine being invited to JM’s having to pretend you’re enjoying your lunch, while dead eyes herself is staring at you and waiting for the compliment…..

1661965035435.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
She definitely had her son there to ensure the publishers wouldn’t say anything scary to her in front of him. And so they think she’s a busy single mum.

The pills were on display in bags on the otherwise tidy table just to remind them what a smol fragile pixie she is, too frail to finish her book on time.
I thought all of this too! 😂

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

I think she got a mini intervention. No more books, no more guest slots on daytime telly.

Jack went full narc-ish and got SB round, had all her tablets and health aids out, and probably had a few lever arch files full of printed out proof of the abuse she gets.

I reckon they're dropping her. 🤞

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I'd been wondering why this link had been posted, it's certainly come up before and the Canal had been unimpressed for all the reasons Vali gives above - but this last bit is interesting in view of the current 'Guardian journalists made me say track suits'. It is the shift between Jack Monroe's original stance of 'I'm middle class and fell through the welfare cracks' and her current positioning of a working class hero forged in the crucible of class struggle.
This is the crux of it imho. I do not understand why it is so important to her to retconn spending her childhood in poverty (which can be disproved by HER OWN WORDS) unless it's because she feels like it's the only thing that makes her interesting and "authentic" as a voice on budget cookery. Otherwise, rightly, people will tell her to take a back seat for others who actually know what it's like, or at least have some cooking skill and sensible solutions for meal planning and budgeting.
Sometimes I feel sorry for her - it must be horrible living in the world she's constructed for herself where everything is a fragile tissue of lies and she's a laughing stock whose opportunities, friends, youth and even identity are slipping away. I wonder if she knows how tit at stuff she is, and how much of this is driven by deep insecurity? (No excuse for being a bleep though.)
And then she goes and posts some kind of blocks on Twitter about journalists or her "staff" or her ouchy shoulder or weaponises her sobriety and I'm like, no, duck you, witch.

Get off Twitter, touch some grass, do some actual work that genuinely benefits someone else, not nonsense hamsterwheeling and weighing anchovies, and reconnect with the people that love you offline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think pickled radishes on that random concoction on top of eggy bread might just be my aneurysm.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.