Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The two things that make me boak are dirty cutlery, and dogs being allowed to eat off crockery etc. meant for humans, were they even at home when content was lapping out of that glass? I'm sure it would have enjoyed it's drink more our of a dog bowl, my doggy friends have pop up ones they take with them

Apologies if you do that with your pets, it's just not for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I really like radishes 🙁 Why is she ruining radishes for me?
I feel like she's been grunking and spotted my pickled pink slaw over on F&D, hmmmmmmmm. (I'm being super weird mentally right now, I dunno, convinced most of the canal hates me too 🤷‍♀️ but for the love of god, please don't make me the oracle again, that completely freaked me out, Jack. hashtag-be kind, pal)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
She definitely had her son there to ensure the publishers wouldn’t say anything scary to her in front of him. And so they think she’s a busy single mum.

The pills were on display in bags on the otherwise tidy table just to remind them what a smol fragile pixie she is, too frail to finish her book on time.
I thought her sons presence had to be deliberate, there’s a limit to what you can say when there’s a child in the house. Up to every trick and stratagem.
She won’t stay offline, she’ll be carefully crafting a sock as we speak

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Imagine using your child as a human shield.

I cannot. My brain just won’t allow it. Not under any circumstances.

I just asked my teen “Would you use me as a human shield?” “Obviously I would, but I wouldn’t have to dive behind you because you’d be in front of me before I could blink, even if you were 500ft away”.

This has bleeping DONE me.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Top pic looks like something from Embarrassing Bodies
Made me think of this

“When Jack Monroe and Allegra McEvedy started “courting” (their word), Monroe would sit at the bar of McEvedy’s Blackfoot restaurant. “She would send me clams from the kitchen that looked like clitorises,” recalls Monroe. “It was like in the L Word [when] the chef Lara seduces Dana with food.”

from this interview

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
I wish I hadn’t seen those radishes. I keep thinking about them and it’s making me a bit queasy 🤢

I feel like she's been grunking and spotted my pickled pink slaw over on F&D, hmmmmmmmm. (I'm being super weird mentally right now, I dunno, convinced most of the canal hates me too 🤷‍♀️ but for the love of god, please don't make me the oracle again, that completely freaked me out, Jack. hashtag-be kind, pal)
Definitely no hate ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Forgive me but I wanted to see the context of dog drinks water from glass so decided to go onto twitter and search for JM (I’ve never looked at her twitter or really use twitter) and thought the top search was hilarious.
But also who has their medication out like that when they have guests over? I’m almost positive that having a puppy is like having a toddler and my kid would’ve snatched those pills and glasses in a heartbeat. It’s all just so performative.

Attachments

Reactions: 29
Those tablets look like Benedryl hayfever relief to meView attachment 1543349View attachment 1543346

Well, they're certainly not

Naproxen
Paracetamol
Aspirin
Ibuprofen
Dietary supplements
ADHD meds
Sertraline

or any other medications I have extensive knowledge of (due to real arthritis).

But the poundshop Damien Hirst installation she posted donkey's ago didn't have anything more dramatic than some OTC decongestants, either.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Well, they're certainly not

Naproxen
Paracetamol
Aspirin
Ibuprofen
Dietary supplements
ADHD meds
Sertraline

or any other medications I have extended knowledge of.

But the poundshop Damien hirst installation she posted donkey's ago didn't have anything more dramatic than some OTC decongestants, either.
Soon as I saw that packet it looked familiar. I get through quite a lot over the summer for hayfever so there's always a pack lying about. It's bleeping benedryl! 😆

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
For me that was a painful read (not in a good way). And ill-informed at that. Contrary to what this piece states, she’s claimed to be working class on numerous occasions across the years. There are swathes of this piece that could be seized upon by Jack as a “gotcha” to any criticism of her (and not solely the compare and contrast with bad Jamie Oliver). And there are parts that are just nonsensical.

I am not coming from a position where I want or expect everything about her to be critical and get a thrill out of anything critical published. I thought that newer piece by Katie Roache (I’m making that name up I think-the one in past couple of days on the PDF download) was poorly written, inaccurate on even some basic facts and added nothing for eg. But particularly in the case of a press article or as here, academic research, I do expect it to be based upon rigorous (ie more accurate) research rather than, as here, cherry-picking to fit a predetermined academic thesis/argument. Some of this is so contorted to fit that thesis as to be nonsensical.

Also, and I say this as a former ‘academic’ with an actual Doctorate, but duck me, academic writing can’t half be dry as duck while being as overblown as duck- a bit like the writing equivalent of a hoop skirt made of radiator orange peel on a rollercoaster on a particularly windy day.

PS I’m also irritated that it takes no issue with her Jeremy Kyle shite- almost lauds it as JM being clear she’s MC in fact
This was published a year ago, I think the good doctor will be writing her own paper on our jack, as someone that worked in research this isn't a speedy process as she will have to write it, then get it accepted by a journal and then however long it takes to go on the journal website or get printed.

I think she shared it maybe to show how the view of Jack has changed since last year.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Haha I know it’s too early but this has to be a thread title nomination from the journalist to the good lady Dr posting her Asda top up shop 😂😂

1661966245479.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Soon as I saw that packet it looked familiar. I get through quite a lot over the summer for hayfever so there's always a pack lying about. It's bleeping benedryl! 😆
Of course she must always have at least 4 OTC antihistamines on standby in case of anaphylaxis as per the paramedic's instructions! Not sure what's happened to the Asda own brand, the loratadine and the ceterizine. Perhaps the dog had already sampled them

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.