Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get it now. She’s a massive fan of hoops because she can always be in the centre of one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Is that normal? Like I genuinely have no idea! That’s how it worked for us but there weren’t any grandkids and my grandparents didn’t have any property or money.

I don’t know, obviously I’m in no place to judge and I’m not! But I would expect that they’d think the grandchildren would benefit more from it than Big D, it just seems odd to me!
I think it's fairly normal. My grandma is still alive, but plans to divide her estate between 4. She has three daughters, and the remaining 1/4 would have been my dad's, so goes to us. The sisters tried to argue to (at the time both) my grandparents it should just be divvied into three, but they got told absolutely not.

I don't know what happened with my maternal grandad's, as my uncle ripped the entire estate off and nobody got anything except for him...and he then had the house he bought with his I'll gotten gains repossessed for non payment of the mortgage...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Interesting couple of 'likes' on this.

Morning Star contributor and I'M SURE a previous supporter of Jack's.
View attachment 1539162

View attachment 1539161

Long-term Guardian writer.

View attachment 1539164

View attachment 1539159
Charlotte Hughes has done a lot of quantifiable good in this country.
Shes a worth follow and someone I'd rather see as the medias go to on poverty. I don't think she has the connections a certain hoop rinsing celeb wanna be SM addict does though.

Reactions: 26
100% THIS

There are instagram influencers in their teens who can monetise half the following that Whacky Jacky has. Imagine the good she could do with some sponsorship deals and endorsements, she could actually redistribute some of it.
It's pure entitlement, she's such a brat.
It’s sickening to realise that she chooses to avoid many of the brand partnerships that are offered, and deliberately fucks up those that she does take on (Netflix, Del Monte) by not promoting them on social media, in order not to spoil her Twitter scam that she’s eternally skint and working 100 hours a week for free.

She’s literally makes the choice to beg, scam and defraud her fans, rather than take the work from aff links and brand partnerships that are available to those with big followings.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Interesting couple of 'likes' on this.

Morning Star contributor and I'M SURE a previous supporter of Jack's.
View attachment 1539162

View attachment 1539161

Long-term Guardian writer.

View attachment 1539164

View attachment 1539159
I note Tim uses pronouns in his bio. I wonder if the Jackolytes will notice or will he be spending a bewildering day fending off Jack stans accusing him of being part of the grand GC conspiracy. "Do not be fooled these are decoy pronouns. Call him a tit stain and phone his boss".

• Haha
Reactions: 41
A few have mentioned it but likewise, I do think it's interesting the things ❄ she doesn't reply to or acknowledge with the ferocity that she does everything else...
I went back and re-read thread 31 recently. We all know how tricksy she is with words; she states very vehemently and clearly that (as of 2020) she has “never injected drugs of any kind”.
AE0D3B72-C7C3-447E-8560-E53E021CADDE.jpeg
PS She didn’t know how to use apostrophes back then either.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’ve just seen Jack’s old Insta account, from the time of The Poverty™️. There are photos of cakes she has baked, SB eating toast in a cafe, a photography exhibition of her own work and her trying on dresses in preparation for attending a friend’s wedding. 🤷‍♀️
That's not Jack silly.
That Mack Jonroe 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s sickening to realise that she chooses to avoid many of the brand partnerships that are offered, and deliberately fucks up those that she does take on (Netflix, Del Monte) by not promoting them on social media, in order not to spoil her Twitter scam that she’s eternally skint and working 100 hours a week for free.

She’s literally makes the choice to beg, scam and defraud her fans, rather than take the work from aff links and brand partnerships that are available to those with big followings.
Absolutely, it's a choice. A choice that affects her child too.

I was trying to work out how many deals she's had in total, and not including loads of media appearances and magazine spreads I get:
  • Sainsbury's
  • Del Monte
  • Experian
  • BBC
  • Book publishers inc. Penguin
  • Superdrug
Hardly tiny unknown companies are they?
+500k followers and comfortable parents.
Yeah duck off with your begging bowl.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I can say honestly that I have never smoked heroin.
I went straight to injecting it.
Jack's denials leave her a lot of wiggle room.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I think it's fairly normal. My grandma is still alive, but plans to divide her estate between 4. She has three daughters, and the remaining 1/4 would have been my dad's, so goes to us. The sisters tried to argue to (at the time both) my grandparents it should just be divvied into three, but they got told absolutely not.

I don't know what happened with my maternal grandad's, as my uncle ripped the entire estate off and nobody got anything except for him...and he then had the house he bought with his I'll gotten gains repossessed for non payment of the mortgage...
I hate the whole money process when someone dies. People are so greedy and it shows their colours. Luckily my grandparents were all too poor to leave much so the few quid their children didnt cause any of a stir.

My paternal granny died in a RENTED home so there wasn't even equity to fight over.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Absolutely, it's a choice. A choice that affects her child too.

I was trying to work out how many deals she's had in total, and not including loads of media appearances and magazine spreads I get:
  • Sainsbury's
  • Del Monte
  • Experian
  • BBC
  • Book publishers inc. Penguin
  • Superdrug
Hardly tiny unknown companies are they?
+500k followers and comfortable parents.
Yeah duck off with your begging bowl.
Add Twitter for Earth Day; Samsung; Helmans; Octopus Energy. She took over the Daily Express Column; had the Lorraine Series; did DKL; countless first person pieces in nationals; that’s just off the top of my head

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I went back and re-read thread 31 recently. We all know how tricksy she is with words; she states very vehemently and clearly that (as of 2020) she has “never injected drugs of any kind”.
PS She didn’t know how to use apostrophes back then either.
I don't know why this is making me laugh so much. I think it's Jack's pomposity here, the big preamble about the private reasons she will never reveal about being aghast and horrified at the notion that she would inject heroin. It's not compulsory Jack, if you don't fancy the heroin that's fine. No explanations required. I mean it's not like we were offering in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
It also can’t possibly take her 4 hours of research each time because she was all thrilled about the last minute, jump off a train, radio interview she did the other day. (That one wasn’t the BBC though, perhaps she only bothers to research for them.)

I start to see where the 100+ hour weeks come from though. 4 hours research + 5 mins radio appearance, 90mins AA meeting + 6 hours travel. It all adds up! We should be more sympathetic.
Agreed. It does NOT take her 4 hours to research for a talking head slot which will last a couple of minutes. Those talking head slots are all very helicopter view, never deep dive. If you have any modicum of a grasp on your subject all you need to do to prepare is:

1. Find out who else is on the panel and the angles the presenter wants to explore (5 min discussion with the producer)
2. Consider the 2/3 key messages you want to convey and marshall the statistics and proof points you have to back it up (15 min)
3. prepare for curveball / difficult questions you might be asked and consider dissenting viewpoints and how you might address them (15 min)
4. Have a quick grunk through recent research / reports to ensure you're up to date on the developments in your field (no less than 10 minutes because tbh if you're being positioned as an expert you should be doing this regularly anyway)

Now, Jack rarely marshalls evidence and proofpoints beyond the anecdotal and she never seems to be prepared for dissenting views, so tbh I'd say she typically only needs 30 minutes to prepare for any media appearance in which she is so laughably classed as an 'expert'.

30 minutes of work. in fact I wouldn't even call it work. It's just....thinking.

Mind you, thinking does not seem to be our Jackie's strong suit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I hate the whole money process when someone dies. People are so greedy and it shows their colours. Luckily my grandparents were all too poor to leave much so the few quid their children didnt cause any of a stir.

My paternal granny died in a RENTED home so there wasn't even equity to fight over.
yep I’m lucky that my family are all generally skint!
There is one family member who is very comfortable and doesn’t have dependents so there may be a stooshie when they go. To be honest I’d rather they left everything to a charity as I hate how money affects some bereaved folk.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
One of the blue ticks I follow from the world of sport has decided to tweet their support of Jack. I am going to have to unfollow. To be fair her tweets and her gram account were starting to wear on me so maybe they have done me a favour.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.