Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Add Twitter for Earth Day; Samsung; Helmans; Octopus Energy. She took over the Daily Express Column; had the Lorraine Series; did DKL; countless first person pieces in nationals; that’s just off the top of my head
God yes, forgot Helmans. Is there a wiki page on this? can't see one

Reactions: 13
I hate the whole money process when someone dies. People are so greedy and it shows their colours. Luckily my grandparents were all too poor to leave much so the few quid their children didnt cause any of a stir.

My paternal granny died in a RENTED home so there wasn't even equity to fight over.
It can get really awful. The maternal side did genuinely 'bootstrap' themselves, if you will, out of slums in Leeds and that knob head chucked it all away for his own selfish needs. No one speaks to him now, so he ruined what was left of his family too

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Absolutely, it's a choice. A choice that affects her child too.

I was trying to work out how many deals she's had in total, and not including loads of media appearances and magazine spreads I get:
  • Sainsbury's
  • Del Monte
  • Experian
  • BBC
  • Book publishers inc. Penguin
  • Superdrug
Hardly tiny unknown companies are they?
+500k followers and comfortable parents.
Yeah duck off with your begging bowl.
Samsung
Octopus
Netflix
Twitter itself!
Hellmans
Linda McCartney
Lorraine
This Morning
Oxfam

The full list is here somewhere, she’s had tonnes of high end deals. Was going to say high profile, but she never ever promotes any of them, it’s incredible she still gets offered!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Utter rollocks. She's a smarmy one who has an answer for everything... Secretary? I doubt that.... that meeting must be a long way away ... as in 20+ miles....liar again I have also never ran a meeting where I had to be there 45 mins early...Jesus wept she's full of it...
45 minutes early? To do what? Put the plastic chairs in a circle and turn on the tea urn? What exactly was she doing for 46 mins? I suspect she was setting up all her chairs in her big old empty shed and holding a meeting with a collection of toys

*The threats..."I'm never buying another of her books", "I'm cancelling my patreon donation" "I'm going to unfollow her"

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Absolutely, it's a choice. A choice that affects her child too.

I was trying to work out how many deals she's had in total, and not including loads of media appearances and magazine spreads I get:
  • Sainsbury's
  • Del Monte
  • Experian
  • BBC
  • Book publishers inc. Penguin
  • Superdrug
Hardly tiny unknown companies are they?
+500k followers and comfortable parents.
Yeah duck off with your begging bowl.
Along with the other companies mentioned by @Smeghead there was also Linda McCartney and Netflix/Aardman, and GQ magazine! I’m sure there were many, many more in her most active years (2013-2017) long before Tattle started following her.

I suspect the offers gradually declined with her reputation for being unreliable, and now she doesn’t want to take most remaining things that come her way due to it spoiling her poverty larp.

Reactions: 24
Her unhinged rant full of lies “defending” her own fantasy of her parents’ working class honour is so insulting to them.

Big Dave has legitimately achieved a lot in his life. ...

Her mum was a nurse, a foster carer, a mother, and now, we learn, after retiring from nursing, she ran a local preschool. She is active in her local church.

Her grandad owned his own guesthouse and restaurant. His will reveals he left 12 properties, worth a total of £1,800,000, to his four children back in 2013. His landlording isn’t something to be proud of, and neither is Jack’s dad’s landlording now that he’s inherited some if his dad’s properties. But Jack’s grandad moving to another country and becoming a rich businessman here was undeniably an achievement.

One of the traditional definitions of middle class was having people working under you, which all her family did. Her family are very accomplished, and that’s a good thing. It is not an “attack” on them to point out this out.

By denying their achievements and pretending they were scraping to survive is to tit on everything they accomplished, and the good quality of life Jack was born into through the fruits of their hard work.

There is nothing at all wrong with being middle class, Jack, you little ingrate. ...

What is most wrong of all is still pretending to be “grinding your bones to dust” to keep your head above water, 10 whole years after you were gifted an incredible platform (as a result of your lies, don’t forget), and extracting vast hoards of money out of your idiot cult followers due to your endless begging and moaning.

If you have failed to be relatively wealthy after 10 years of work in newspapers, TV, radio, advertising, brand partnerships and six cookbooks, that means you’re a useless failure and tit with money. If you continue to fail to legitimately monetise your 500,000 Twitter and 176,000 Instagram followers, you’re so stupid and lazy that you deserve to be as penniless as you pretend to be. Your middle class family must be so ashamed of you.
This - very well said!
Re social media/blogs, know several good people doing relatively well in different areas with less followers ie several hundred k.
They have blogs and post regularly but work hard for it, brands etc reposting and out in regular locations etc.

Reckon the family have told her more than once to reel it in and any entitled hope of inheritance has disappeared?
Hence the big green eye monster act outs?

Reactions: 19
Please can one of you more forensic fraus softly and gently help me out by pointing me to the copy of Grandpa Hadj’s last will and testament? I have spent ages looking and can’t find it anywhere! TIA tender ones! Go well.
I understand someone posted it on twitter not long back.
We wouldn’t post it here as that’s not on, it’s not about Jack per rialto se and it’s not for public display either.

Reactions: 24
Off Topic: Matt Lodder @DisgruntledGoat I'm curious about your comments about Matt Lodder - my friend dated him years ago, and he was awful to her. I used to call him Matt the twit. How are you aware of him, is he 'big' on Twitter? Is there something in particular he has done that I could read about somewhere? I'd welcome a pointer, but only if your happy to answer, of course x

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Something which has really been grating my soap since the Asda "special shops for the poor so they won't have to look at nice things and be sad" tweets is the casual assumption that existing local shops just gouge their customers (unlike those nice Issa brothers and their forecourt chain of basically charity shops with petrol pumps attached). Our local shops (Spar, Heron, newsagent) were an absolute lifeline for the community over the lockdowns, and in general serve us very well, especially the more vulnerable - it always impresses me how many customers are greeted by name, and given a chance to chat. No illusions here, I know that it's all still capitalism and they're making a profit. It's just that as a rootless cosmopolitan myself, I cannot understand how Jack Monroe is apparently incapable of moving away from her ends but simultaneously seems to have no idea of what it actually means to live locally as part of a community.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Isn’t it amazing that with TV corporations not paying travel and paying a measly £50, the pandemic screwing up all of her earnings in 2020, she could still afford to visit all the places listed in her Google reviews, and stay in fancy hotels. Makes you think…
i thought exactly the same, one definitely stood out which was a restaurant in Cyprus 🇨🇾 🤔 I know she may have family out there but it still 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Her 2 most recent 'likes'. She isn't sorry at all.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 11.10.33.png

ETA - Doubt very much this is true.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 11.12.42.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
22k followers so not squigged.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 11.12.32.png

He also wasn't happy about Karl and has said that Jack should refund the Patreon. He's a writer and though this doesn't look like his thing, he's clearly taking an interest so we might see some more Twitter rather than an article from him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.