Jack Monroe #380 Hunger Hurts 2: Solar Lantern Boogaloo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much prep and admin is needed in shouting ‘we’re all going to die??’

I find it interesting that her supporters on Twitter are so weak in their reasons for support. There’s never specific examples of how she helped it just ShE DOeS GooD LeaVE Her ALOne

surely as she’s involved with everything behind the scenes, has tried or lived everything anyone ever mentions there would be so many examples people could post. You think when a celeb dies and all these old nice stories come out about them. (No I do not want you to stop breathing) just makes you think

• Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1539084
Grunking and this is my first screenshot but I think this is bogus. I have done the same kind of interviews for media including BBC 🔺 and they send a car for you, there and back, if you ask. Whenever I've had to make my own way it's been refunded.
Also, 2-4 hours' prep? I don't like to subject myself to Jack on TV but anyone who watched or listened to her recent interviews - did what she said take 2-4 hours of preparation time? Admin? Research?

It's a long drive but she could do any 'research' in the car or on the train if she needed to.

Also, NBH (media parlance) is in Manchester. Why wouldn't they invite Jack to BROADCASTING HOUSE, in London? Why tell someone in Southend to travel to Manchester for a ten minute segment?

A single from Southend to Manchester is £112, cheapest price. WHYYYY would anyone pay that for a journey of about 8 hours (not 6) for a payment of £50?

I think she's just making this up as she goes along. But 'make it make sense'.

edited to add wtf, 'New Broadcasting House' was demolished in 2012, what is she even talking about?
I too have experience of this and since Covid they've been more than happy for you to patch into the interview on your laptop or phone. In fact even before Covid they were happy to do a down the line interview for radio certainly if you were struggling to make it in. So Jack's exaggerating massively - either that or she wanted to go to London anyway to hang out at that well known refuge for the poor and struggling - the Groucho.

Reactions: 44
Her unhinged rant full of lies “defending” her own fantasy of her parents’ working class honour is so insulting to them.

Big Dave has legitimately achieved a lot in his life. He is very pompous about it, and his own middle class upbringing would have helped ease the way, but the achievements, hard work and good deeds are very real. He went to grammar school himself, and has a degree. He was in the army from the age of 16-23, then spent 28 years in the fire service, and worked his way up to a very senior management position. He’s been a foster carer for 30 years, and headed up an association for fostering, and was awarded an MBE for it. He volunteers at several groups, including military associations and the RNLI.

Her mum was a nurse, a foster carer, a mother, and now, we learn, after retiring from nursing, she ran a local preschool. She is active in her local church.

Her grandad owned his own guesthouse and restaurant. His will reveals he left 12 properties, worth a total of £1,800,000, to his four children back in 2013. His landlording isn’t something to be proud of, and neither is Jack’s dad’s landlording now that he’s inherited some if his dad’s properties. But Jack’s grandad moving to another country and becoming a rich businessman here was undeniably an achievement.

One of the traditional definitions of middle class was having people working under you, which all her family did. Her family are very accomplished, and that’s a good thing. It is not an “attack” on them to point out this out.

By denying their achievements and pretending they were scraping to survive is to tit on everything they accomplished, and the good quality of life Jack was born into through the fruits of their hard work.

There is nothing at all wrong with being middle class, Jack, you little ingrate. What is wrong is pretending to have been starving and impoverished while your loving, relatively wealthy family lived around the corner. What is wrong is pretending to have a working class background, and taking the place in the media of an impoverished working class person and being a paid figurehead for a life of which you know less than nothing about. Especially when actual working class people are largely excluded from media work, and it was your middle class connections - a friend in the media - who gave you your big break in the first place.

What is most wrong of all is still pretending to be “grinding your bones to dust” to keep your head above water, 10 whole years after you were gifted an incredible platform (as a result of your lies, don’t forget), and extracting vast hoards of money out of your idiot cult followers due to your endless begging and moaning.

If you have failed to be relatively wealthy after 10 years of work in newspapers, TV, radio, advertising, brand partnerships and six cookbooks, that means you’re a useless failure and tit with money. If you continue to fail to legitimately monetise your 500,000 Twitter and 176,000 Instagram followers, you’re so stupid and lazy that you deserve to be as penniless as you pretend to be. Your middle class family must be so ashamed of you.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

too short

THIS!!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
How much prep and admin is needed in shouting ‘we’re all going to die??’
At this point she should just wear a sandwich board which screams 'The End is Nigh (gibs cashos)' and parade up and down Southend Pier.

Although she may deem that involves too much hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Also.

Without giving too much away, I guess speak on podcasts/events etc - and I always get any expenses refunded.
Find it rather hard to believe that the Beeb doesn't also.

Reactions: 39
I too have experience of this and since Covid they've been more than happy for you to patch into the interview on your laptop or phone. In fact even before Covid they were happy to do a down the line interview for radio certainly if you were struggling to make it in. So Jack's exaggerating massively - either that or she wanted to go to London anyway to hang out at that well known refuge for the poor and struggling - the Groucho.
She did also mention down the line interviews (for which, as she said, I think correctly, you don't get paid) so this must be the times they desperately needed her in the studio, so they invited her up to a building that was demolished 10 years ago, on an 8 hour round trip, and gave her £50 for it.

NB if 'NBH' does mean Broadcasting House in London now, OK... my search suggested it referred to the no longer extant Manchester one.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It also can’t possibly take her 4 hours of research each time because she was all thrilled about the last minute, jump off a train, radio interview she did the other day. (That one wasn’t the BBC though, perhaps she only bothers to research for them.)

I start to see where the 100+ hour weeks come from though. 4 hours research + 5 mins radio appearance, 90mins AA meeting + 6 hours travel. It all adds up! We should be more sympathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Her unhinged rant full of lies “defending” her own fantasy of her parents’ working class honour is so insulting to them.

Big Dave has legitimately achieved a lot in his life. He is very pompous about it, and his own middle class upbringing would have helped ease the way, but the achievements, hard work and good deeds are very real. He went to grammar school himself, and has a degree. He was in the army from the age of 16-23, then spent 28 years in the fire service, and worked his way up to a very senior management position. He’s been a foster carer for 30 years, and headed up an association for fostering, and was awarded an MBE for it. He volunteers at several groups, including military associations and the RNLI.

Her mum was a nurse, a foster carer, a mother, and now, we learn, after retiring from nursing, she ran a local preschool. She is active in her local church.

Her grandad owned his own guesthouse and restaurant. His will reveals he left 12 properties, worth a total of £1,800,000, to his four children back in 2013. His landlording isn’t something to be proud of, and neither is Jack’s dad’s landlording now that he’s inherited some if his dad’s properties. But Jack’s grandad moving to another country and becoming a rich businessman here was undeniably an achievement.

One of the traditional definitions of middle class was having people working under you, which all her family did. Her family are very accomplished, and that’s a good thing. It is not an “attack” on them to point out this out.

By denying their achievements and pretending they were scraping to survive is to tit on everything they accomplished, and the good quality of life Jack was born into through the fruits of their hard work.

There is nothing at all wrong with being middle class, Jack, you little ingrate. What is wrong is pretending to have been starving and impoverished while your loving, relatively wealthy family lived around the corner. What is wrong is pretending to have a working class background, and taking the place in the media of an impoverished working class person and being a paid figurehead for a life of which you know less than nothing about. Especially when actual working class people are largely excluded from media work, and it was your middle class connections - a friend in the media - who gave you your big break in the first place.

What is most wrong of all is still pretending to be “grinding your bones to dust” to keep your head above water, 10 whole years after you were gifted an incredible platform (as a result of your lies, don’t forget), and extracting vast hoards of money out of your idiot cult followers due to your endless begging and moaning.

If you have failed to be relatively wealthy after 10 years of work in newspapers, TV, radio, advertising, brand partnerships and six cookbooks, that means you’re a useless failure and tit with money. If you continue to fail to legitimately monetise your 500,000 Twitter and 176,000 Instagram followers, you’re so stupid and lazy that you deserve to be as penniless as you pretend to be. Your middle class family must be so ashamed of you.
You put it much more eloquently than I did dear heart 👌🏼 (Agree about the landlord thing with her grandad, the fact that she has the bare faced cheek to slag off her LL is quite something.)

It does make me wonder if her grandad left her anything at all? Do we know about this?
It’s obviously she thought she was entitled to a house (god knows why) and feels resentful and cheated about it, surely there’d be a sizeable chunk of inheritance for all of them though? That is an inconceivable about of money to me, I wonder if she pissed all hers away and where it went.
She’ll probably say that the only thing she got was that pan and it was the only thing he had left or something so we’ll never know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 29
You put it much more eloquently than I did dear heart 👌🏼 (Agree about the landlord thing with her grandad, the fact that she has the bare faced cheek to slag off her LL is quite something.)

It does make me wonder if her grandad left her anything at all? Do we know about this?
It’s obviously she thought she was entitled to a house (god knows why) and feels resentful and cheated about it, surely there’d be a sizeable chunk of inheritance for all of them though? Makes you think 🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe she got cut out because of the ILLEGITIMATE BAYBAY should’ve-kept-yer-legs-shut. Though I’d imagine he just divvied between kids and let them decide. Though I don’t doubt she expected a house and I think someone has it nailed on that she’s moving into one of Big D’s flats while she ‘saves’ lol. Especially as SB doesn’t live with her most of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I would imagine the will was straightforward- went to surviving spouse and then their children.

Reactions: 33
I know someone irl with one and she’s a proper weapon too.
Really makes you think
Does Jack have a 'Be The Change' tattoo as well or am I dreaming? I know someone with both and I think you pay with braincells if you're getting either of those two things tattooed on you...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I find it interesting that her supporters on Twitter are so weak in their reasons for support. There’s never specific examples of how she helped it just ShE DOeS GooD LeaVE Her ALOne
This person actually wrote this without an ounce of sarcasm. It's bizarre.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08.46.13.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I would imagine the will was straightforward- went to surviving spouse and then their children.
Is that normal? Like I genuinely have no idea! That’s how it worked for us but there weren’t any grandkids and my grandparents didn’t have any property or money.

I don’t know, obviously I’m in no place to judge and I’m not! But I would expect that they’d think the grandchildren would benefit more from it than Big D, it just seems odd to me!

Reactions: 12
9ECBCC6B-FCCF-4841-85FB-F27D17B53DD9.jpeg

Is Nadine one of the MPs Jack is close with? Has she been giving Nadine tips? Is this why she bought Content? Can we expect ‘buy a £1.5k dog to insert in one sleeve and your cat in the other to keep warm’ in her 150 Grifty Tips for Morons book?
Other highlights; make boxes out of boxes; soup out of a tin of soup; connect your cooker to the radiator pipes; rinse hoops instead of buying pasta. 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Does Jack have a 'Be The Change' tattoo as well or am I dreaming? I know someone with both and I think you pay with braincells if you're getting either of those two things tattooed on you...
She basically just looks like she printed a fourteen year old girl’s Tumblr page from 2011 directly onto her arms.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She did also mention down the line interviews (for which, as she said, I think correctly, you don't get paid) so this must be the times they desperately needed her in the studio, so they invited her up to a building that was demolished 10 years ago, on an 8 hour round trip, and gave her £50 for it.

NB if 'NBH' does mean Broadcasting House in London now, OK... my search suggested it referred to the no longer extant Manchester one.
I think what she's referring to here is the ONE time when she must have jumped off the train in Manchester on her way back from Edinburgh to do that BBC studio thing last week. You know, before she hopped off the train in the hopeless place to take selfies in a playpark and do the radio phone in. She may not have bothered to claim travel expenses because she was on the train down anyway.

Reactions: 22
I've just realised - did she ever come back with revised figures after FridgeGate?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.