Jack Monroe #379 She really has no idea just how much of an arsehole she really is. Quite the skill.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eh??? So basically you cannot cancel your Patreon sub without the approval of the content creator (obviously I use that term loosely in this case), or without cancelling the DD with your bank? Bloody hell.
No, that's not right. You can cancel any time via Patreon.

Reactions: 22
Eh??? So basically you cannot cancel your Patreon sub without the approval of the content creator (obviously I use that term loosely in this case), or without cancelling the DD with your bank? Bloody hell.
Sounds like another Jack-specific chaos to me. I've previously cancelled a patreon DD with no issues and definitely no approval needed from the creator.

Reactions: 19
I don’t think this is true. I subscribe to a few people and I got as far as pressing the final cancel button on three of them just now.

Unless Jack has some sort of special arrangement, which seems unlikely.

It does say this, so I suppose depending on when you checked you might be unable to stop one payment if it was already processing.

ETA: I think the squig is confusing the fact that in order to get a refund you have to contact the creator with the cancellation process.

No you can cancel, really easily through their interface (takes a couple of clicks) - maybe they haven't got the account log-in details and/or are trying to get the money back?
Thank you, makes sense now. :)

Reactions: 13
You can, but I think the squig was trying to get what they had paid for before cancelling. For £300 per year plus VAT that doesn't sound unreasonable.

Reactions: 34
Any guess as to how long she will sleep after this 3 day bender? That is one come down I don’t envy at all! If you’re going to be awake for 3 days straight, you’d want to be at a festival with good music not sitting alone in a crappy bungalow tweeting. What a saddo!

Reactions: 27
You can, but I think the squig was trying to get what they had paid for before cancelling. For £300 per year plus VAT that doesn't sound unreasonable.
Especially when it was some sort of community organisation's subscription, I assume paid for out of community donations.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1537024

Yes, Jack approaches the 50p pasta very differently from a Tory. This is crucial because reasons.

View attachment 1537027

I really must insist on proof of benefits before I allow you to comment on Jack. Now, madam I'm just doing my job. I don't make the rules.

View attachment 1537028

England has fallen.

View attachment 1537031

MUTING IS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THESE SLAGS UNDERSTAND.
Jack is a diamond? The only thing hard and shiny about Jack is her forehead.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Will be interesting to see if her suspected socks post during this massive comedown sleep

Reactions: 27
I just had a poke about on Jack Stan Twitter. They're unhinged. The whole of anti-Jack Twitter is just quietly not mentioning or making any reference to gender and the stans are all just "AHA- they dislike her because she's non binary". Have they become confused about what non binary is? Do they think it's a dubious Teemill scheme or something?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
They really need to head down that Chargeback route.

No guarantees of getting the money back of course but I think these squigs have a pretty solid case. Can you imagine if just a few dozen were successful and the money is reclaimed from her account.

If Molly is reading this… *cheery wave*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Yes, I'm reasonably well paid but I'm convinced my electricity supplier has messed up my account review and not taken account of the price rises, so I'm ignoring their recommendation to decrease my direct debit, and putting more money aside in savings so I can pay extra if I need to.
Very wise move WS. I have been on my online account and written down what I used last Oct/Nov/Dec. Then added it up using new kwh rates and standing charges. I have summer credit built up, and the (currently) 200 govt sub so I have a good idea of what I need to pay in between now and Xmas. My current d/d covers it, but I want to try and keep a buffer because January and February's bills after the next hike are likely to be horrendous. My older one will have to give up their tenancy and come home as the flat is all-electric and was already £10 a day last year.

(Note to US fraus, we'll be paying around 65ç a unit this quarter and around a dollar after the new year)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Just a thought;

If she has a lodger, why is she buying his food and cooking it? Is said lodger paying rent?
Yeah it makes no sense. Sorry if this has already been covered but is the housemate the delicious new beau? Or some other person?

Reactions: 8
Imagine being THAT horny, that shagging Jack is a viable option.
No wonder the poor/desperate bloke did a runner as soon as he could.

And 6 hours? Will need some castrol gtx to lube that thing

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Yeah it makes no sense. Sorry if this has already been covered but is the housemate the delicious new beau? Or some other person?
Different people.

Lodger been there since end of last year, New beau popped over for a burger and a bonk last night.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Any guess as to how long she will sleep after this 3 day bender? That is one come down I don’t envy at all! If you’re going to be awake for 3 days straight, you’d want to be at a festival with good music not sitting alone in a crappy bungalow tweeting. What a saddo!
I know I'm having slight sympathy pains coming from my misspent youth. It's going to be brutal, I'd hope she ;learns from it and uses it to her advantage but she won't so see you all at the 2045 Sloppies, lads.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.