Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only replies to the negative comments which are disappointing in themselves. ๐Ÿ™„ can someone with half a brain please call her out for being the insensitive, self absorbed dick that she is?
Worries about the effect on less robust people - posts immediately about ''assholes in her head''

*I think Peter Capaldi might be my Hislop you know

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
When she goes on one of those โ€˜my friends and I have this joke, about how maverick and great I am yada yadaโ€™ type of tangents ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I rarely drink alcohol, but I am partial to the odd swig of bucky tbh
The only time Iโ€™ve ever drank it was at a youth work training course. I was one of the trainers but we were allowed to drink. Someone passed me a bottle of cola.

It wasnโ€™t cola. It was bucky ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The only time Iโ€™ve ever drank it was at a youth work training course. I was one of the trainers but we were allowed to drink. Someone passed me a bottle of cola.

It wasnโ€™t cola. It was bucky ๐Ÿคฃ
Hahaha oh god pls no

It's only good if you're expecting it!

Reactions: 3
When I first worked in a pub we used to serve a โ€œsnakebiteโ€ which was half beer/half cider/optional blackcurrant. It sent people loopy so we werenโ€™t allowed to do it any more after a while but we were allowed to pour someone a half cider and blackcurrant, half beer and accidentally leave a clean pint glass on the bar ๐Ÿคฃ
Pints of snake bike and black were my choice at uni, so classy, drank it whilst wearing my cargo pants and smelling of Benetton perfume. Glad there was no social media then, it wasnโ€™t glamorous!

When our pub stopped doing snakebite (and black) we used to buy 1/2 a cider and 1/2 a lager and drink alternately. We called it the 'internal snakebite'.
This is genius!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think it sad she feels so bound to social media to not put the phone down and just enjoy the moment listening to SB โ€˜rabbit onโ€™ about GP

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Thank-you, amazing hausfrauen/dark & disgusting cabal, for all your deeply kind and warm wishes. I've been so stressed getting ready for the move but now, having met my vendors, I'm nothing but excited to be moving to a home which has been so cherished. The woman said, "she's a good, warm house and she'll look after you". I could tell so many hair-raising stories about my current place... suffice to say it's high time to move on and I'm so grateful.

On a different note, talking about the 90s, I remember stomping round in Global Hypercolour and James t-shirts, Joe Bloggs jeans and Lennon-style round tinted glasses. I listened to James (obvs), Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Northern Uproar, Inspiral Carpets, The Charlatans, Candy Flip... then I was all about Pulp and Radiohead (circa A Different Class and The Bends, so... 1996?). I was so opinionated and passionate about music, buying every single magazine and poring over the reviews. I couldn't ever have imagined that changing. I couldn't give a tit now. It's all noise ;)
I still love music (and still love A Different Class and The Bends), but I no longer feel the visceral anger I used to when people subjected me to what I considered to be low quality music (ie all pop or anything that didn't feature guitars). Now I happily bop along to much of it.

Reactions: 18
The hands ๐Ÿ˜ฉ why must they be in every single effing photo?
The tattoos remind me of an awful tattooist I knew of years ago, who seemed to do a better job when he was pissed or stoned. I said it before and I'll say it again. Jack dear heart, they are not a personality trait. Speaking as someone who got tattooed years before it was cool and had abuse for being an odd tattooed woman.

Reactions: 24
Wow. She really needs to stop mentioning chemotherapy just because sheโ€™s had a sore gob an ouchy mouth for ten days. Twenty two new slop recipes exactly like all the other gruel. Radical.
I can't remember where she posted it (twitter?) but she said she'd been looking through the cancer cookbook (which according to her insta, she also contributed a recipe to / attended its launch) but obviously she's seen some new gap in the market and very much intends to capitalise on it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Worries about the effect on less robust people - posts immediately about ''assholes in her head''

*I think Peter Capaldi might be my Hislop you know
My mum taught alongside his wifes dad and he drew a picture of a cat for my wee brother when he was about 7 and signed it and my mum found it and got it framed and gave it to my brother about 5 years ago for his Christmas.

My brother likes dr who as well so he was happy with it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.