Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And pubs also used to sell half and half of lager and cider. It clearly sent people mad so pubs stopped it.
When I first worked in a pub we used to serve a “snakebite” which was half beer/half cider/optional blackcurrant. It sent people loopy so we weren’t allowed to do it any more after a while but we were allowed to pour someone a half cider and blackcurrant, half beer and accidentally leave a clean pint glass on the bar 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
When I first worked in a pub we used to serve a “snakebite” which was half beer/half cider/optional blackcurrant. It sent people loopy so we weren’t allowed to do it any more after a while but we were allowed to pour someone a half cider and blackcurrant, half beer and accidentally leave a clean pint glass on the bar 🤣
Snakebites were lethal

Reactions: 11
Oh wow so much fashion chat fraus! I only went off to treat myself to a piss and a sandwich and came back to these glorious cultural memoirs <3

I had a special grunger pair in black/grey camo worn with a vest top AND a german army shirt :LOL:

I used to drink a lot of snakebite, is it properly illegal now? I started going out drinking at 14:eek:
I recently found out via instagram that MD 20/20 was also available in the USA haha
It is in my town. There was a pub here that used sell mad dog 20/20

Buckfast as well.

I don’t drink bucky. It’s a well consumed drink in these parts but production slowed due to coronavirus

So people have been forced onto the Eldorado.

Thunderbird and Volari. 80s cheap and nasty wine. And yes. I drank it.

Shudders.

Reactions: 9
0AFBD9FA-1B13-4BB1-8DAD-61E8A9BDCC6A.jpeg

‘Assholes’. Grr. Why did she write it walking along? It’s your job, do it in your work day.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
When our pub stopped doing snakebite (and black) we used to buy 1/2 a cider and 1/2 a lager and drink alternately. We called it the 'internal snakebite'.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Thank-you, amazing hausfrauen/dark & disgusting cabal, for all your deeply kind and warm wishes. I've been so stressed getting ready for the move but now, having met my vendors, I'm nothing but excited to be moving to a home which has been so cherished. The woman said, "she's a good, warm house and she'll look after you". I could tell so many hair-raising stories about my current place... suffice to say it's high time to move on and I'm so grateful.

On a different note, talking about the 90s, I remember stomping round in Global Hypercolour and James t-shirts, Joe Bloggs jeans and Lennon-style round tinted glasses. I listened to James (obvs), Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Northern Uproar, Inspiral Carpets, The Charlatans, Candy Flip... then I was all about Pulp and Radiohead (circa A Different Class and The Bends, so... 1996?). I was so opinionated and passionate about music, buying every single magazine and poring over the reviews. I couldn't ever have imagined that changing. I couldn't give a tit now. It's all noise ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Is there any 80s girls here? I feel so old now after reading all these posts. Anyone remember Look magazine, I still live by their beauty tips. I got my hands on vintage purple mie dm's earlier this year, still trying to break them in as don't think they'd ever been worn. Also body shop henna, would take hours and the smell 😩 but worth it afterwards.

@PennyLoafer best wishes for your move into your lovely new home 🥰
I remember body shop henna, you had to spend about five hours sat with this concoction on your head that smelt like horse manure. And the mess!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 170413
‘Assholes’. Grr. Why did she write it walking along? It’s your job, do it in your work day.
Was it such an urgent post she had to ignore her son to post it whilst walking?

Also hate the 'baseline notes' type chat. Makes cooking sound difficult, as if you need to know lots of formulas to make a meal. Think she does it to seem like an expert but an expert wouldn't make the slop she serves so 🤷

Reactions: 29
It is in my town. There was a pub here that used sell mad dog 20/20

Buckfast as well.

I don’t drink bucky. It’s a well consumed drink in these parts but production slowed due to coronavirus

So people have been forced onto the Eldorado.

Thunderbird and Volari. 80s cheap and nasty wine. And yes. I drank it.

Shudders.
I rarely drink alcohol, but I am partial to the odd swig of bucky tbh

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.