Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else old enough to remember Just Musk? Thought is was gorgeous when I was a young teen
c410b3caf2f915168ea4e9b8f46c7649.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
OMG the bead shop on the top floor near the cafe!

and the cafe had old bus or train seats? And did the best Cheesy bean baked potatoes - I spent many Saturdays there recovering after the Jilly’s all nighter 🥰
I used to love the Jilly's all nighter so much (with the fire of a thousand suns)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry, this is totally off-topic but I just wanted to share as an antidote to Monroe's nefarious antics. I am moving house tomorrow so I just called in on my vendors to say hi (my buyers did the same and I appreciated the friendliness). Anyway, they were the nicest people. They've been in the house for 45 years so it's emotional for them but they are really excited about their new place. They're leaving me house plants, a bag of coal and a good luck money tree, plus a Christmas cactus that has been in the house for as long as they have. They gave me the lowdown on all the neighbours and talked me around the back garden. I've got bloody fruit trees, how fancy am I?

When I first viewed the place, my first impression was that it had been really loved, and a place of love; I made an offer on the spot. I told them that, and we all got a bit emotional. Swapped numbers, talked about people we know in common, offered to help each other out in future.

I've been getting so strung out about moving but now I'm excited and so heartened to be on the receiving end of real kindness.

Sorry for the gushing. I'm a bit giddy!
This is so lovely. I am still friends with the woman I bought my first house from. And the neighbours are still my best friends. It's on the market again, and if I thought for a second there'd be enough room for both mine and the other half's stuff I'd move back tomorrow. Still tempted, mind.

Your place sounds wonderful. I hope you are supremely happy there. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
35 phone chargers but when she was on here, both phones were charging in the hall? Right👌
BC8F640B-7ED4-46B1-B896-95BDE1849488.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
My OH still gets Lynx bought for him by his grandparents every Christmas bless them (he's 32 🤣) he has it in his sports bag for when he plays football, I complain that he smells like a teenage boy every time he walks through the door after playing, so much nostalgia!
My OH has little care for what deo he uses and buys whatever is on offer. That is quite often Lynx Africa. Gotta say, don't hate it when he does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Is there any 80s girls here? I feel so old now after reading all these posts. Anyone remember Look magazine, I still live by their beauty tips. I got my hands on vintage purple mie dm's earlier this year, still trying to break them in as don't think they'd ever been worn. Also body shop henna, would take hours and the smell 😩 but worth it afterwards.

@PennyLoafer best wishes for your move into your lovely new home 🥰
Me.

Fashion was quite odd in the 80s. When I was 14 it was ra ra skirts.

By the time I was 20 I would go out in jeans and a t shirt.

Or a mini skirt or a short black dress. Fashion was either very dressy or very casual.

I also used to have some wide legged trousers. Not like flares but I loved them

However my defining memory was drinking alcohol that’s actually banned now.

We used to drink something called a red witch which was Pernod black currant and cider. There’s no way that would be allowed now.

And pubs also used to sell half and half of lager and cider. It clearly sent people mad so pubs stopped it.

Plus diamond white cider. My pals and I used to drink that. I have no idea why. It was horrible and I hated it. But it was very strong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 170241
Oh do duck off. Nobody gives a tit about your pets. You. Told. Us.

Soz I forgot the spoiler. She’s tweeeeeeting fraus. Settle in.
‘been in touch with a vet’ surely a vet would actually need to see the cat to make any kind of diagnosis or recommendations for treatment. I just don’t understand why she can’t just take the kitten to the vets,like every other person would!! That’s why things are getting ‘pulled apart on social media’ because she’s not following what a person should do when they have a new family pet, let alone one that may need specific treatment. Makes me so cross her nonsense 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I loved Look magazine! Absolutely loved it. I can still remember some of the features. No one ever remembers it now, so THANK YOU!
There has never been anything like it since. I even remember one article in particular about styling hair curly or straight that I still live by. This is all I could find on it
8663BD9B-5889-489B-88CD-79733EBE39EA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is there any 80s girls here? I feel so old now after reading all these posts. Anyone remember Look magazine, I still live by their beauty tips. I got my hands on vintage purple mie dm's earlier this year, still trying to break them in as don't think they'd ever been worn. Also body shop henna, would take hours and the smell 😩 but worth it afterwards.

@PennyLoafer best wishes for your move into your lovely new home 🥰
Don’t feel old, I was a teenager in the 1970’s. Anyone remember high waisted patch pocket trousers. I had a green pair from the market👍

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.