Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's "been in touch with the vet" (translation - she hasn't actually taken the kitten to the vet).
No vet would give advice without a full consultation and examination.

She's lying.....where's that gif

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
View attachment 170241
Oh do duck off. Nobody gives a tit about your pets. You. Told. Us.

Soz I forgot the spoiler. She’s tweeeeeeting fraus. Settle in.
Been in touch with is not the same as taking for an appointment!

Fact is she's probably hitting up one of the blue tickers she follows and is doing what she thinks is best. The fact she is blaming trolls for not disclosing more is such bullshit.

You're a twit Jack.

Reactions: 29
View attachment 170241
Oh do duck off. Nobody gives a tit about your pets. You. Told. Us.

Soz I forgot the spoiler. She’s tweeeeeeting fraus. Settle in.
"Been in touch" means not seen in person. Don't know about vets where she lives but I saw mine with my fluffer this week. Didn't actually go in but rang when I arrived and a masked nurse came out, took him in, then brought him back out for a short summary talk and then paid over the phone. So pleeeeeeeease don't let COVID be an excuse about not being able to physically see the vet.

Reactions: 33
Yep. Also still there (although may be a hipster ice cream shop now?). And JILLYS!!! What a dark day it was when she closed down. Though by then I'd abandoned being a mosher and was all over fifth ave and 42s!
I know, what a bummer! Did you ever go to The Venue?

Reactions: 1
My cousin had the spice girls body spray, she was (still is!) one year older than me and I could never reach the height of her sophistication.
I used to love crimping the tit out of my hair and then waving on hair mascara a la Lizzie Maguire.

Don't think parachute pants have been mentioned yet? You know the baggy ones with far too much going on tassel wise? My profile picture on my MSN group page (just before Myspace) was me in a pair of those holding a bacardi breezer. I was 14 and underage drinking like a boss.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
My cousin had the spice girls body spray, she was (still is!) one year older than me and I could never reach the height of her sophistication.
I used to love crimping the tit out of my hair and then waving on hair mascara a la Lizzie Maguire.

Don't think parachute pants have been mentioned yet? You know the baggy ones with far too much going on tassel wise? My profile picture on my MSN group page (just before Myspace) was me in a pair of those holding a bacardi breezer. I was 14 and underage drinking like a boss.
We can probably date ourselves as to whether we refer to them as a) parachute pants or b) Hammer pants!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Right, if 'in touch with a vet' means she's DM'd the Supervet I shall be very, very angry. I will be bleeping livid if he responds.
If she ends up on one of his bleeping programmes Noel will no longer be my absolute favourite human, i bloody mean it Mr Fitzpatrick, DO NOT RESPOND TO JM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

(also, Noel has a puppy programme on tonight so i am really really happy)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ah the nostalgia! One of my patients uses Impulse body spray and it’s like I’m back to being a teenager every time I see her. My mum used to bring me back a bottle of Tommy Girl perfume whenever she went away too, that was the height of sophistication.
I love Dr Marten’s. I used to stare longingly at the shop in Southend that sold them (I can’t remember the name of it and that will annoy me all day!) as it was near our hang out place of “the clock by the odeon”.
Victoria shoes xx

Reactions: 6
Am I right in thinking she doesn't drive? Has she claimed a medical reason for it? I know she used to mention not being a driver frequently when she was doing planes trains and automobiles back in the taking the kid to school on the next planet, falling under trains days
apparently she doesn't drive because of her autism

Reactions: 13
I know, what a bummer! Did you ever go to The Venue?
Yep - it was great, though I seem to remember it opening the year I left manchester uni, and by then I thought I was too sophisticated for indie clubs and was going to places like mojos.

Reactions: 3
Sorry, this is totally off-topic but I just wanted to share as an antidote to Monroe's nefarious antics. I am moving house tomorrow so I just called in on my vendors to say hi (my buyers did the same and I appreciated the friendliness). Anyway, they were the nicest people. They've been in the house for 45 years so it's emotional for them but they are really excited about their new place. They're leaving me house plants, a bag of coal and a good luck money tree, plus a Christmas cactus that has been in the house for as long as they have. They gave me the lowdown on all the neighbours and talked me around the back garden. I've got bloody fruit trees, how fancy am I?

When I first viewed the place, my first impression was that it had been really loved, and a place of love; I made an offer on the spot. I told them that, and we all got a bit emotional. Swapped numbers, talked about people we know in common, offered to help each other out in future.

I've been getting so strung out about moving but now I'm excited and so heartened to be on the receiving end of real kindness.

Sorry for the gushing. I'm a bit giddy!

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Has she previously claimed she can’t drive?
Yes I think she said it was due to her autism?

ETA: @LennyBriscoe, how exciting for you! I think the 'vibes' of a happy house can really be felt - and I'm a supposedly rational scientist! How lovely that you have fruit trees too!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.