Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of nostalgia, my hair is a frizzy lion mane. Before straighteners became refined, i had a pair of babylis STEAM straighteners that i would get up an hour early before school to use.

Judging by my school photos from year 7-10 and the fact i was on several occasions called Hagrid, these did not work as well as i had thought.

Thank the lord for the age of the ceramic straighteners!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry can’t add anything to this as I’m far too busy replacing the laces on my purple DM boots with ribbon...
oh dear God i did this. Also put beads on the end 🤣🤣🤣🙄 what was I thinking?!!!

As for signature 90s scents, I went through a phase of Tommy Girl for work and Issy Miyake for the weekends. Mr Moo was a CKone chap.....

Reactions: 11
So.... after lurking for maybe.... 36 threads I have finally built up the courage to set up an account and post, the holiday lies being the final straw! .. You are all fabulous and have got me through leaving my teaching career and suffering a case of “general meh 😑” . I cannot add to anything that hasn’t already been said.
However, I would like to add that on a short walk into town this morning, I bumped into my hairdresser and on on me commenting on how challenging lockdown had been for everyone, simply said, have you seen how far the bootstrap cook has fallen? 🤔
I will never not post this Gif when a lovely de-lurker arrives 🤩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Speaking of nostalgia, my hair is a frizzy lion mane. Before straighteners became refined, i had a pair of babylis STEAM straighteners that i would get up an hour early before school to use.

Judging by my school photos from year 7-10 and the fact i was on several occasions called Hagrid, these did not work as well as i had thought.

Kirk! I was being talked at and pretending to listen but I held in a HOOT at Hagrid. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Anyone remember popper pants? And how hilarious was it to unpop your mates pants and leave them exposed up to their arse?? :ROFLMAO:

After that phase I became a mosher though, despite never really liking any of the music. Any Mancs here will know the joys of whiling away your saturday in Afflecks ❤
The city managed to save Afflecks from being booted out when its lease ran out a few years ago (golly, just like Jack!) - it's still awesome but too many vintage shops now for my taste. As teens we would make string bracelets with our names on in beads, buy band badges to put on our school bags, giggle at the condom shop (still there!), and flick through the posters cooing over Nirvana and Blink 182 (also the only thing skint teenagers could do in HMV, aside from listen to the headphones)!
The Rubber Plantation :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I LOVED those!! Along with these which turned into pointy little blighters after a while, a friend managed to have a slight impaling-of-the-tongue mishap with one (just a slight blood-based incident, no 50p sized ouchy-mouth nerve reveals)
View attachment 170206
Oh the fights I had with my mother over Push Pops! Namely I wasn't allowed them, but I used to buy them on the way home from school anyway.

Magazine wise it was Smash Hits, Just 17 and Mizz that I was obsessed with.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Were they the ones that looked like a dildo? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

EDIT: Oop no that was these! They were cordless and came with little gas cannisters!

babyliss hair.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Babyliss were the worst - on what universe does adding more steam and moisture to hair make it sleeker and less frizzy?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They are so comfortable, and good for me to wear cos or my lax and bendy joints. I am tempted to get more, they are well worth the money.
I love DM’s and have the Blake for Autumn/Winter, I wore them daily back at the end of 19/ into 2020. I’d love to buy the sandals but our weather being more shite rather than summery I’m loathe to spend the £££.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Relatively quiet today isn't she? I reckon she's gasping to upload selfies with the kitten constantly but doesn't want to answer any inevitable questions about the kitten's health and wether she's taken her to a vet yet. Even she knows f*cking with cats is something Twits do NOT accept
Hopefully she’s FINALLY taken that poor kitten to the vets.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The city managed to save Afflecks from being booted out when its lease ran out a few years ago (golly, just like Jack!) - it's still awesome but too many vintage shops now for my taste. As teens we would make string bracelets with our names on in beads, buy band badges to put on our school bags, giggle at the condom shop (still there!), and flick through the posters cooing over Nirvana and Blink 182 (also the only thing skint teenagers could do in HMV, aside from listen to the headphones)!
OMG the bead shop on the top floor near the cafe!

and the cafe had old bus or train seats? And did the best Cheesy bean baked potatoes - I spent many Saturdays there recovering after the Jilly’s all nighter 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
OMG the bead shop on the top floor near the cafe!

and the cafe had old bus or train seats? And did the best Cheesy bean baked potatoes - I spent many Saturdays there recovering after the Jilly’s all nighter 🥰
Yep. Also still there (although may be a hipster ice cream shop now?). And JILLYS!!! What a dark day it was when she closed down. Though by then I'd abandoned being a mosher and was all over fifth ave and 42s!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Adding to the DM chat. I got my first pair aged 15 in 1989 😖They were £30 from Silver Arcade in Leicester, I bloody loved them and saved my birthday money to buy them. Happy days.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I used to get the little sachets of shades and toner. Always got the really blonde one. One sachet on waist length ginger hair. Didn't do a thing, so moved to sun in. How my hair didnt fall out I don't know! 😂😂

I used to get R U...? make up from superdrug as well. Lots of wacky colours.

Found some photos the other day of my mate and I wearing matching barry m sparkly blue eyeshadow. God it was dreadful!

So... body spray.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Can’t believe that bleeping fucker lying about never having been on holiday!! bleeping lying duck. AND. May I ask, on the actually holidays that she HAS been on, has she ever taken her son? Her lies are bleeping despicable. People will be crowdfunding a 5* trip to the Maldives for her next 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Adding to the DM chat. I got my first pair aged 15 in 1989 😖They were £30 from Silver Arcade in Leicester, I bloody loved them and saved my birthday money to buy them. Happy days.
I just got my first pair at age 35!!! Not been wearing them though as "I don't want to wear them out". Someone slap some sense into me!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
As a teenager my mum could not afford to buy me real DMs so I had some counterfeit ones called Dr Peppers. Wore them until they fell apart. When I got a part time job I bought some Caterpillar boots. Those lasted for YEARS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.