Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone here shared a screen shot or article where she said the other place with the sea views had terrible draughty windows and made her ill. I can’t remember her exact words but it was on one of these threads recently!
Another health condition to add to the list?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anyone remember popper pants? And how hilarious was it to unpop your mates pants and leave them exposed up to their arse?? :ROFLMAO:

After that phase I became a mosher though, despite never really liking any of the music. Any Mancs here will know the joys of whiling away your saturday in Afflecks ❤
I went down to Manchester last year for the first time ever and someone recommended visiting Afflecks. I bloody LOVED it! Even got lost a couple of times... It was like being a teenager again.

In Newcastle, we had the Grainger Market. Sadly its been modernised and replaced with a debenhams (bah hambug) but used to have the most fantastic wee shops selling second hand LPs, books, jewellery, cheap make up and other ephemera. I miss it lots.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
OMG THE NOSTALGIA IN THIS THREAD. I'm gonna do a nineties girl checklist...

1. Collection 2000 royal blue mascara
  2. The ill-advised venture into putting the hair version of the above through your locks, rendering them crispy and a bit like a paint palette where all the colours are mixed together
  3. Rubbing Claire's Accessories glittery lipstick over your eyes as eyeshadow, scraping the poor delicate mites into ribbons as you do so (just me?)
  4. MAKE A STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD (I legit ordered some Exclamation! from Allbeauty a few weeks ago. Actually pretty sophisticated!)
  5. Small (often transparent) rucksacks that you could display your Natural Collection body spritzes in
  6. Can I get an 'AMEN' for hiding your boobs in a Sweater Shop...er, sweater
  7. Moving into the millennium with two tone garms
  8. Wanting a pair of Buffalo trainers but my parents wouldn't let me so floral wedges from Faith it was!
  9. Rocking gloopy lipgloss you got free from Just 17 (or the pineapple roll-on stuff from Miss Selfridge if you were fancy)
  10. Bindis 😐
  11. Spectacular nail polish (see also: Miners)
  12. Sperm eyebrows (went at mine with my Dad's Mach 3; God knows how I've got anything left)
  13. The year 11 girls wearing Rimmel 'Hide the Blemish' as lipstick
  14. Dream Matte Mousse for that really undead look
There's gotta be more..
Sugar magazine, butterfly hair clips, HANSON!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She just needs the hit of attention and a reply. She will never take up any suggestion or advice, she has no intention of doing so. It's just to feed her ego and need for attention. She is very, very manipulative.
She’s waiting for someone to offer a freebie, has she tagged Richard Branson?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I spent a lot of the mid-nineties in severely ripped jeans with stripy tights underneath paired with army jackets and DMs, telling anyone who would listen how much I loved Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr and Radiohead. And eating loads of ‘freshly-baked’ (sometimes raw) Millie’s (?) cookies from the shopping mall. Loved those days of fast metabolism.
millie’s cookies were so raw they make me feel a bit sick to think about them

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have three THREE threads to Grunka through.

Not sure I can face it?

Did I miss any major developments or is she still a completely self-obsessed, selfish, narcissistic dick?

(All together now - YES, ABSOLUTELY!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I went down to Manchester last year for the first time ever and someone recommended visiting Afflecks. I bloody LOVED it! Even got lost a couple of times... It was like being a teenager again.

In Newcastle, we had the Grainger Market. Sadly its been modernised and replaced with a debenhams (bah hambug) but used to have the most fantastic wee shops selling second hand LPs, books, jewellery, cheap make up and other ephemera. I miss it lots.
The city managed to save Afflecks from being booted out when its lease ran out a few years ago (golly, just like Jack!) - it's still awesome but too many vintage shops now for my taste. As teens we would make string bracelets with our names on in beads, buy band badges to put on our school bags, giggle at the condom shop (still there!), and flick through the posters cooing over Nirvana and Blink 182 (also the only thing skint teenagers could do in HMV, aside from listen to the headphones)!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All this 90s nostalgia... Jack is probably having another self-timer photo shoot as we speak, decked out in a boob tube, space buns* and hair glitter 😬

*she likely still has enough hair for these!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The year is 2002.
Christina Aguilera has just released the music video for ‘Dirrty’ featuring Redman
Blurstoftimes is sulking in her bedroom because her mum has just put her foot down saying NO, she cannot buy leather assless chaps off eBay

A0C71692-6CA4-4DF1-BB94-C74B82676D82.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
As some of us literally appear to have been living the same life in different parts of the country within a few years I feel confident that these will also tickle your fancy.
C73E19A3-DC55-49A1-B900-0EDDEC057AEC.jpeg

Also these sticky phallic buggers
CA73A2CC-B131-4FDE-983C-42F8B5FFC2E6.jpeg

Tenuous link to Jack as she’s a similar age.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I remember jellybean shoes. I had a pair in the mid 80s. I had a pair of jeans that had metal studs down the side as well. I loved them. There was a style of jeans everyone wore in the late 80s and early 90s, cannot remember the name though.

I actually loved new look jeans and still have a pair I bought over ten years ago. They did jeans made for small women who are pear shaped ie me.

The perfume I really like is Thierry Mugler. Bought it a lot back in the days when I had more cash.

I also like CK one. Particularly the unisex cologne. I’ve blanked most of my fashion disasters out. I used to colour my hair with shaders and toners from the age of about 14 on. Then I went blonde and stayed blonde until about six years ago. I’ve not seen my natural hair colour (dark blonde) in decades.

Reactions: 15
Evening my hausfraus. I’m all Grunka’d. Loving the 90s memories. I had a Union Jack dress and used orange hair mascara from Poundland. Crispy. Anyone have one of these?

F8D18F5A-E193-41DA-B853-6567A65CA434.jpeg

PS. Take your kitten to the vet, Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Louis T (can’t spell his surname) has interviewed Miriam M on his podcast series Grounded. It’s worth a listen.
I was listening to this episode as I joined a zoom meeting earlier today. Thought I had muted my mic but no....Miriams voice boomed into the meeting "if you're inside a woman, where do the balls go?" Luckily the boss wasnt on yet but oops! Could have been worse though, she is so gas.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.