Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I spent a lot of the mid-nineties in severely ripped jeans with stripy tights underneath paired with army jackets and DMs, telling anyone who would listen how much I loved Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr and Radiohead. And eating loads of ‘freshly-baked’ (sometimes raw) Millie’s (?) cookies from the shopping mall. Loved those days of fast metabolism.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
VICTORIA SHOES?! In the plaza. Was open still until fairly recently, paid many a pretty penny for DMs in there over the years
Yeah, not sure what happened to it tbh. I have heard that the Vic Centre is closing, all of it, but Southend Groups are full of nonsense. Do yu remember, before they put a roof on it, there was a massive shrimp, crab and cockle shells for kids to play on in there?

Reactions: 5
Yeah, not sure what happened to it tbh. I have heard that the Vic Centre is closing, all of it, but Southend Groups are full of nonsense. Do yu remember, before they put a roof on it, there was a massive shrimp, crab and cockle shells for kids to play on in there?
Just noticed your avatar!!!!!!
Kumquats? (Allegedly)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Exclamation! Can still buy it apparently

View attachment 170099
Edit: currently GLing the thread so just under 10 pages behind!
I have a bottle of this! And also Anais Anais by Cacherel, both purchased in a vain attempt to re capture my youth I think. They both do still smell pretty nice though to be fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Popping in quickly (from...holiday! Sorry Jack!)

From that new article:

I often say to friends and family, ‘I’m not a bag of Liquorice Allsorts, you can’t just pick the ones you like, you either take the entire packet or you leave the bag on the shelf.

This may be one of the dumbest analogies ever, no?Let me let you in on a secret, Jack: you can eat the nice ones then throw away the blue bobbly ones, literally everyone else does...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
"I want to establish my own show, in my own way, using everything I've learned over the past few weeks."

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Seconding all the love for ’90s Body Shop white musk and Impulse sprays! I think my favourite was called Incognito. I wonder if they still make it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Haha this is fun! Anyone old enough to remember jellybean shoes and bags? I was a late teen/early 20’s in the 90’s and Impulse o2 was the actual BOMB! 😍

Edited to add: oh yeah I loved the Body Shop White Musk and Just Pink from Next!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I spent a lot of the mid-nineties in severely ripped jeans with stripy tights underneath paired with army jackets and DMs, telling anyone who would listen how much I loved Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr and Radiohead. And eating loads of ‘freshly-baked’ (sometimes raw) Millie’s (?) cookies from the shopping mall. Loved those days of fast metabolism.
Can relate. I was a grunger/emo kid and thought I was soooo edgy.

I still listen to Radiohead and Greenday though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If Vic centre closes that means Wilko will go. Where will Jack get her 1000litres of paint from then?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.