Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm also surprised that Jack only has 'mixed-feelings' about MBE's, I would have thought with her supposed wokeness she would be vehemently against them, given the racist and colonialist history of the British Empire? I bet she wouldn't turn it down
Of course she wouldn't, she's a social climber par excellence.

Reactions: 10
Of course she wouldn't, she's a social climber par excellence.
Although I can imagine her loudly turning it down and making sure we ALL know that she did. She’d never stop mentioning it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think people like to distinguish between single parent and lone parent. A single parent being a parent who is no longer in the relationship but generally has the other parent involved, a lone parent being a parent who is literally parenting alone with no involvement from the other biological parent

I think it’s an important distinction. I’m a lone parent myself, my daughter’s biological father is not involved. I provide for her physically, emotionally, financially. I am responsible alone for every single thing from getting her dressed every morning 365 days a year to making important decisions about her future. Single parents can generally share the burden of responsibility, and while that can be extremely demanding and difficult too, it’s not the same

However, it’s a new distinction and everyone knows that ‘single parent’ implies someone who is completely alone. Jack knows this when she makes this claim. She’s disgusting

I believe there’s new(ish) legislation about parental alienation, meaning that you can get into legal trouble for slagging off your child’s other parent. Take note, Jack
Sounds like you’re doing a great job of it ❤

I have friends who co-parent who call themselves single parents either because they’re single or they think their ex is a prat or because they shoulder the emotional labour.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I always wonder why she uses being a single parent as an excuse. Why doesn't she incorporate her son into the things she does. Ok I know he cannot come with her to work or most likely as no interest but she can indeed take him camping or just chill with him. Have a no phones day and just watch his type of telly with popcorn or go places he likes for a walk. Perhaps now lockdown has lifted a bit, she could take him to his faviorite shop for a bit of retail therapy. My ideal type of holiday is when I am spending time with the kids in a relaxed setting, pretty much doing what they want ( with the odd bit of time out with my husband) I bet he would love having his mum to himself for a week, no work, no phones, just them and alot of silly fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh Lordy, here we go. The indispensable (and infallible) Jack Monroe. Nobody could possibly function without her for a day! The world would stop turning! Beans would not be rinsed! Books would not arrive! World hunger would not be solved! She's too important to take any time off!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I've been freelancing for 10 years and in my niche (ahem), it really is feast or famine. I've had yearly contracts, monthly contracts, ad-hoc daily work and one-off projects, interspersed with sometimes long gaps of no work at all. Because of that, I have to be really disciplined with finances and keeping enough over for the taxman, and for periods like now, when work is hard to come by.

That means forgoing expensive purchases, holidays and so on and keeping enough in savings to cover being out of work or unexpected bills. It's risky and anxious at times but that's the nature of freelancing and I enjoy it.

My point is that she's been freelancing long enough to know all of this, but still chooses to paint herself as a church mouse scrabbling around for crumbs. Like others have said, she could go do salaried work in a kitchen, in catering or something related. But no, much easier to moan and whinge and play the martyr.
Babe - same.

• Heart
So.... after lurking for maybe.... 36 threads I have finally built up the courage to set up an account and post, the holiday lies being the final straw! .. You are all fabulous and have got me through leaving my teaching career and suffering a case of “general meh 😑” . I cannot add to anything that hasn’t already been said.
However, I would like to add that on a short walk into town this morning, I bumped into my hairdresser and on on me commenting on how challenging lockdown had been for everyone, simply said, have you seen how far the bootstrap cook has fallen? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Although I can imagine her loudly turning it down and making sure we ALL know that she did. She’d never stop mentioning it.
Actually that's true so it could go either way!

Reactions: 5
She trumpets some bollocks on Twitter, waits for the hordes to offer advice and has an answer about why she can’t do any of them.

She is so unappealing I cannot get my head around the fact she’s so beloved on that shitstorm that is Twitter .

... because NO ONE is ever as busy as Jack Monroe , she’s far busier than anyone , like ever!

• Sick
Reactions: 24
And the Charlie body sprays! Truly the height of sophistication when you were in year 8!
Exclamation! Can still buy it apparently

00ED4601-C933-4381-A3B4-5F14E2E5282D.jpeg

Edit: currently GLing the thread so just under 10 pages behind!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s not had a week off in 7 years. Away she goes. We are the the middle of a pandemic. She said she lost a years worth of work in two days. So what has she been doing over the last 12 weeks?

One appearance on this morning. Flogging her books and doing a live video every week? DKL?

What else? She could take a week off if she wanted. Invest in some friendships and her relationships.

Forgot the posing in her pants. Shaving her head, adopting a kitten and her ouchy mouth. Silly me.

Reactions: 20
She trumpets some bollocks on Twitter, waits for the hordes to offer advice and has an answer about why she can’t do any of them.
She just needs the hit of attention and a reply. She will never take up any suggestion or advice, she has no intention of doing so. It's just to feed her ego and need for attention. She is very, very manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She just needs the hit of attention and a reply. She will never take up any suggestion or advice, she has no intention of doing so. It's just to feed her ego and need for attention. She is very, very manipulative.
Amen. And all the 'solutions' she comes up for such problem (e.g. do 50 benchpresses or wash the ephrema off 10 beans for every Tattle comment read) are just for attention too and never stuck to.

• Heart
Tested the theory that she is blocking anyone who likes an Instagram comment that is critical or questioning of her - and confirmed!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Ah all this 90s talk has me nostalgic...life was much simpler when I used to spend Saturdays at Pitsea Market to get my school disco outfits, caking my face in orange foundation I nicked out my mums case and painstakingly putting those tiny bloody butterfly clips into my crispy glittered hair...sigh

back to Jack, I really wish she would just chill the duck out, take some time off (it is possible Jack, the survival of the universe doesn’t depend on you believe it or not) and come back in a few weeks hopefully less of a bleeping dick.
This is purely selfish, I have annual leave next week and would really like to not spend it eye rolling my eyes out of my head reading her bullshit 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tested the theory that she is blocking anyone who likes an Instagram comment that is critical or questioning of her - and confirmed!
Creating the perfect echo chamber where she can't have any views questions!

Reactions: 17
Exclamation! Can still buy it apparently

View attachment 170099
Edit: currently GLing the thread so just under 10 pages behind!
It is surprisingly sophisticated! There's a 90s nostalgia group on Facebook and it reminded me. I looked it up and it was about six quid on Allbeauty, so I bought it. Quite musky, rather than the candy sweetness cheaper/young popular perfumes have these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If she didn't bring it up at the time it didn't happen. She never misses a chance to throw someone/something under the bus (train!)

I do wonder if that guardian father's day article was preempted in some way those close to her making sure she stopped running her mouth about a fabricated situation though.

Reactions: 3
Ah all this 90s talk has me nostalgic...life was much simpler when I used to spend Saturdays at Pitsea Market to get my school disco outfits, caking my face in orange foundation I nicked out my mums case and painstakingly putting those tiny bloody butterfly clips into my crispy glittered hair...sigh
I used to go to Pitsea Market and Roots Hall/Southend Central for all my clothes including RaRa skirts for I am more about the 80's, the 90's, for me, and excluding the birth of my children was more about making unwise decisions. I do remember using the butterfly clips and the gems that were attached to a spiral you screwed into your 'up-do'. 😁

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.