Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is surprisingly sophisticated! There's a 90s nostalgia group on Facebook and it reminded me. I looked it up and it was about six quid on Allbeauty, so I bought it. Quite musky, rather than the candy sweetness cheaper/young popular perfumes have these days.
Musk? the only musk worth having was Jovan IMO... obvs

Reactions: 4
I was obsessed with Miss Selrfirdge make up.... i mean Iron Lady lipstick and at one point had collected nearly the whole range. I have never been able to get on with purples as eyeshadow, I always end up looking like I have a black eye. Purple is the best colour though. I love my purple DMs.
I have a huge Dr Martens obsession, even got married in some!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Ah the nostalgia! One of my patients uses Impulse body spray and it’s like I’m back to being a teenager every time I see her. My mum used to bring me back a bottle of Tommy Girl perfume whenever she went away too, that was the height of sophistication.
I love Dr Marten’s. I used to stare longingly at the shop in Southend that sold them (I can’t remember the name of it and that will annoy me all day!) as it was near our hang out place of “the clock by the odeon”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I used to go to Pitsea Market and Roots Hall/Southend Central for all my clothes including RaRa skirts for I am more about the 80's, the 90's, for me, and excluding the birth of my children was more about making unwise decisions. I do remember using the butterfly clips and the gems that were attached to a spiral you screwed into your 'up-do'. 😁
Got to love a good market! I used to buy all my accessories in mixtures in the vic plaza. Amazingly it’s still there!
Oh my god yes! These bastard things.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
‘Sake. I’ve been self-employed since 2008 and I manage my break time to the last second. It’s what ANY seasoned freelancer knows how to do, and SHOULD be doing. I can corroborate this by inviting anyone to check my posting history on here, that I do my due diligence in break times 😜

We can do the same for Jack’s four-hour break (including a piss and a sandwich grab) one fateful Wednesday. Where we didn’t LET HER GO AND DO HER JOB

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Got to love a good market! I used to buy all my accessories in mixtures in the vic plaza. Amazingly it’s still there!
Oh my god yes! These bastard things.
I wasted far too much time and money in Mixtures as a teen!

Reactions: 5
Ah the nostalgia! One of my patients uses Impulse body spray and it’s like I’m back to being a teenager every time I see her. My mum used to bring me back a bottle of Tommy Girl perfume whenever she went away too, that was the height of sophistication.
I love Dr Marten’s. I used to stare longingly at the shop in Southend that sold them (I can’t remember the name of it and that will annoy me all day!) as it was near our hang out place of “the clock by the odeon”.
VICTORIA SHOES?! In the plaza. Was open still until fairly recently, paid many a pretty penny for DMs in there over the years

Reactions: 4
VICTORIA SHOES?! In the plaza. Was open still until fairly recently, paid many a pretty penny for DMs in there over the years
YES! I knew it was something really simple but couldn’t remember! I even text my husband who couldn’t recall either but said it only shut recently. I was adamant it had been closed for ages but you’ve just proven him right, darn!

Reactions: 7
OMG THE NOSTALGIA IN THIS THREAD. I'm gonna do a nineties girl checklist...

1. Collection 2000 royal blue mascara
  2. The ill-advised venture into putting the hair version of the above through your locks, rendering them crispy and a bit like a paint palette where all the colours are mixed together
  3. Rubbing Claire's Accessories glittery lipstick over your eyes as eyeshadow, scraping the poor delicate mites into ribbons as you do so (just me?)
  4. MAKE A STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD (I legit ordered some Exclamation! from Allbeauty a few weeks ago. Actually pretty sophisticated!)
  5. Small (often transparent) rucksacks that you could display your Natural Collection body spritzes in
  6. Can I get an 'AMEN' for hiding your boobs in a Sweater Shop...er, sweater
  7. Moving into the millennium with two tone garms
  8. Wanting a pair of Buffalo trainers but my parents wouldn't let me so floral wedges from Faith it was!
  9. Rocking gloopy lipgloss you got free from Just 17 (or the pineapple roll-on stuff from Miss Selfridge if you were fancy)
  10. Bindis 😐
  11. Spectacular nail polish (see also: Miners)
  12. Sperm eyebrows (went at mine with my Dad's Mach 3; God knows how I've got anything left)
  13. The year 11 girls wearing Rimmel 'Hide the Blemish' as lipstick
  14. Dream Matte Mousse for that really undead look
There's gotta be more..
i feel so SEEN

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.