Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That article came out three days after she invaded Tattle. Looks like deleting the social apps and replacing the 'self flagellation' with exercise really worked out for her aha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Adding Naf Naf jumpers to the list and Benetton drawstring bags, oh and if you were a girl of between the age of 11 and 14 at my high school and didn't own a pair of Kickers boat shoes you were basically a social pariah.
Oh, I used to love Naf Naf and Chipie too, lived in the stuff back in the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The holiday moan is total BOLLOCKS as per. A quick scroll of her Instagram shows, the lakes, Edinburgh, Seville and Cyprus all since May 2018.
You misread her tweet, she was clearly asking "for a friend"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Do what the rest of us freelancers do. Inform our clients, provide clear notification with regards to return, put an out of office on, don’t bleat ‘poor me’ all over social media as believe it or not there’s 2.5million (est) self employed so none of us are special. Above all (and I say this seriously as it’s vital). Remain PROFESSIONAL. Oh and be mindful that some of us are on permanent holidays at the moment as there is NO WORK so ‘be kind’.

Reactions: 11
The holiday thing is yet more lying crap. Do you think she believes because she tweets whilst away, that it's 'working' not holidaying?

Reactions: 17
The holiday thing is yet more lying crap. Do you think she believes because she tweets whilst away, that it's 'working' not holidaying?
She also uploaded pics of the food she ate while away onto insta. Nice working holiday if you can get it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Welcome to bleeping freelancing, Jack. If worrying about not having ongoing regular work/income stresses you out to this degree then you need to get a regular paychecked job.
Jack can speak for her (purposely obtuse) self in regard to this (very rational) suggestion...

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 2.23.38 pm.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Jack thinks ANY tweeting is work, which is why I believe her when she says she 'works' 20 hour days :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
OMFG. on 26 June she was the fittest she's ever been, Madam says, and circa 30 June she's triggering her fans about her poor health. Right, I'm off to read a book. May the odds be ever in your favour.

PS: it's my reckoning the kitten is going to be okay, and that Madam will get it right for once, I'm almost sure. Here's my feline companions!
Black cats are the best. Even when they bring in mice and leave scattered innards on the living room carpet for barefooted people to tread on in the morning.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I still wear body shop perfume. And the body sprays you get in Aldi just now are very close copies of impulse ones.

Rimmel twighlight teaser was the in lipstick when I was around 14. Everyone was wearing it.
(Showing my age now).
I never identified as anything particularly when I was growing up. I wasn’t a goth and my style of make up wasn’t modelled on anyone in particular but I have to say that I do like black eye shadow and black nail varnish.

My eyeshadow colour of choice hasn’t really changed in decades either. Very much like lilac and purples

(Kind of obsessed with the colour purple. My bedroom is purple and my hall is lilac).

Yellow is the opppsite colour to purple on a colour chart and I’ve never liked the colour yellow.
I was obsessed with Miss Selrfirdge make up.... i mean Iron Lady lipstick and at one point had collected nearly the whole range. I have never been able to get on with purples as eyeshadow, I always end up looking like I have a black eye. Purple is the best colour though. I love my purple DMs.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
OMG THE NOSTALGIA IN THIS THREAD. I'm gonna do a nineties girl checklist...

1. Collection 2000 royal blue mascara
  2. The ill-advised venture into putting the hair version of the above through your locks, rendering them crispy and a bit like a paint palette where all the colours are mixed together
  3. Rubbing Claire's Accessories glittery lipstick over your eyes as eyeshadow, scraping the poor delicate mites into ribbons as you do so (just me?)
  4. MAKE A STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD (I legit ordered some Exclamation! from Allbeauty a few weeks ago. Actually pretty sophisticated!)
  5. Small (often transparent) rucksacks that you could display your Natural Collection body spritzes in
  6. Can I get an 'AMEN' for hiding your boobs in a Sweater Shop...er, sweater
  7. Moving into the millennium with two tone garms
  8. Wanting a pair of Buffalo trainers but my parents wouldn't let me so floral wedges from Faith it was!
  9. Rocking gloopy lipgloss you got free from Just 17 (or the pineapple roll-on stuff from Miss Selfridge if you were fancy)
  10. Bindis 😐
  11. Spectacular nail polish (see also: Miners)
  12. Sperm eyebrows (went at mine with my Dad's Mach 3; God knows how I've got anything left)
  13. The year 11 girls wearing Rimmel 'Hide the Blemish' as lipstick
  14. Dream Matte Mousse for that really undead look
There's gotta be more..
Loved that mascara despite the fact it barely showed on my dark lashes.
Constance Carroll poundshop/market stall make up
Natural Collection pic and mix soaps/bath pearls
Adidas popper trousers (still a tracksuit and gloopy lipgloss frau thru and thru tbh)
£2.88 Mcdonalds meals

• Heart
Reactions: 16
sorry but WHAT :ROFLMAO:

I think Hellman's HQ would beg to differ...

View attachment 170030
Isn't this how every self employed/business owner lives? Their buisness is only viable as long as the contracts keep rolling in. Self employed generally means no regular work. That niggling fear that what you do isn't permanent is because, what you do ISN'T permanent you head. If you want permanence, you get salaried employment, though even that doesn't provide security these days..

Many in salaried employment are now facing redundancies, so she can duck off with her niggling fear. They are facing the reality of financial difficulties looming, whilst she sits in her cotswold co/ smeg showroom surroundings. The woman has no shame.

On top of that, she may have lost contracts and money due to covid, but she has had two lucrative contracts directly because of covid. She fucked up both of them. Give it your best shot? Well your best shot just isn't good enough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Black cats are the best. Even when they bring in mice and leave scattered innards on the living room carpet for barefooted people to tread on in the morning.
I snuck back to see if B and Dill had any likes! Thank you, cabal! Black cats are wonderful, except when you talk to a box for a good minute because you don't have your glasses 😹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
ALSO (I’m on one now à la Monroe) I think one of her problems is that she cannot stand subjectivity? I would go as far as to say she does not understand it, hence why everything she comes out with is grotesquely exaggerated

She portrays being a “single parent with no childcare” (implying SB’s dad is not involved) is the worst thing ever. As I said, I am a lone parent, it’s difficult but the given situation is positive in the way that choosing to be a lone parent was the best decision I could make. On the contrary, I have friends who share responsibility but it’s not necessarily easy for them. Some have wildly different approaches to parenting / life and struggle with agreeing on issues as emotive and divisive as vaccinations. Some just can’t ever get along. Sometimes the other parent is just involved out of feeling that they should be and it shows. And even if you’re now incompatible sexuality wise, I imagine it’s still hard seeing them move on and wondering what could have been and why it went wrong - even just briefly

It’s complicated, and I’d have complete empathy if she was open and honest about her issues with co-parenting. Instead she just tells the lies she thinks will get her maximum sympathy on Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've been freelancing for 10 years and in my niche (ahem), it really is feast or famine. I've had yearly contracts, monthly contracts, ad-hoc daily work and one-off projects, interspersed with sometimes long gaps of no work at all. Because of that, I have to be really disciplined with finances and keeping enough over for the taxman, and for periods like now, when work is hard to come by.

That means forgoing expensive purchases, holidays and so on and keeping enough in savings to cover being out of work or unexpected bills. It's risky and anxious at times but that's the nature of freelancing and I enjoy it.

My point is that she's been freelancing long enough to know all of this, but still chooses to paint herself as a church mouse scrabbling around for crumbs. Like others have said, she could go do salaried work in a kitchen, in catering or something related. But no, much easier to moan and whinge and play the martyr.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So.... after lurking for maybe.... 36 threads I have finally built up the courage to set up an account and post, the holiday lies being the final straw! .. You are all fabulous and have got me through leaving my teaching career and suffering a case of “general meh 😑” . I cannot add to anything that hasn’t already been said.
However, I would like to add that on a short walk into town this morning, I bumped into my hairdresser and on on me commenting on how challenging lockdown had been for everyone, simply said, have you seen how far the bootstrap cook has fallen? 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.