Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She herself is so tied into that whole pinkyblue gender stereotype, it's ridiculous. For someone who claims to be such a feminist/non binary/whatever, you'd think she would have more awareness about it.
But thatā€™s the thing about ā€œnon-binaryā€ - it wouldnā€™t even exist as a concept if more people rejected gender stereotypes. Instead, we have scores of young women and girls that say, because theyā€™re not into stereotypically feminine clothes and hairstyles, that literally means that they are not female.

Itā€™s such regressive bullshit.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
I'm also surprised that Jack only has 'mixed-feelings' about MBE's, I would have thought with her supposed wokeness she would be vehemently against them, given the racist and colonialist history of the British Empire? I bet she wouldn't turn it down
Pretty sure her grandad had one. A while back she loved to go on about it. She would NEVER turn one down.

Reactions: 15
She isn't a "single Mum" - she has co-parenting with the father. It is very very disrespectful to him to say that. It's really nasty actually, after all the father has done.
I think she's using single Mum as a dig at Louisa at the moment. It's the change in relationship status that prompted this.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The holiday moan is total BOLLOCKS as per. A quick scroll of her Instagram shows, the lakes, Edinburgh, Seville and Cyprus all since May 2018.
And this is why I deleted my twitter! The urge to post ā€œperhaps consult your own insta feed before making false claims about your lack of holidays.ā€ is strong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm also surprised that Jack only has 'mixed-feelings' about MBE's, I would have thought with her supposed wokeness she would be vehemently against them, given the racist and colonialist history of the British Empire? I bet she wouldn't turn it down
Yeh but imagine she is offered one, she would 00% take it, no way could she resist that level of recognition. / excuse to add that to her brags about having 2 degrees

Reactions: 14
Genuine question, what is she actually DOING? Those Ā£15 school meals never materialised, sheā€™s not done any YouTube videos, her son appears to be at his dadā€™s. Letdown Larder has been forgotten.....Sheā€™s probably elevating black voices behind the scenes. Thatā€™s it!
I have given a lot of thought to this.
Mailing out some books, not boring but easy routine admin, but a task only comparable to SIsyphus pushing a rock up the mountain.
Social media monitoring at all times, with special attention to blue tickers.
Deleting tweets and blocking haters
Taking selfies in granny knickers
Artfully arranging hair
Ordering furniture and white goods
Carrying paint back from the shop
Trying to blag an invitation to the Groucho club
Kicking men on trains.

All adds up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yeh but imagine she is offered one, she would 00% take it, no way could she resist that level of recognition. / excuse to add that to her brags about having 2 degrees
Oh is she doing a FOD?

- begging for holidays for those who arenā€™t familiar.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She isn't a "single Mum" - she has co-parenting with the father. It is very very disrespectful to him to say that. It's really nasty actually, after all the father has done.
I think people like to distinguish between single parent and lone parent. A single parent being a parent who is no longer in the relationship but generally has the other parent involved, a lone parent being a parent who is literally parenting alone with no involvement from the other biological parent

I think itā€™s an important distinction. Iā€™m a lone parent myself, my daughterā€™s biological father is not involved. I provide for her physically, emotionally, financially. I am responsible alone for every single thing from getting her dressed every morning 365 days a year to making important decisions about her future. Single parents can generally share the burden of responsibility, and while that can be extremely demanding and difficult too, itā€™s not the same

However, itā€™s a new distinction and everyone knows that ā€˜single parentā€™ implies someone who is completely alone. Jack knows this when she makes this claim. Sheā€™s disgusting

I believe thereā€™s new(ish) legislation about parental alienation, meaning that you can get into legal trouble for slagging off your childā€™s other parent. Take note, Jack

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.