Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was me! Fingers crossed it works as well for you!

My daughter has short hair (very chic pixie cut/side fringe of her choice, though a bit mullet like now with lockdown), and she gets regular comments about how she doesn't have 'normal' hair and that she looks like a boy from other people at school. She is not at all male-presenting, there's a lot of black and grey but it's all very female clothing, and she is very 'feminine' looking in a waifish way. Yet because of the hair, she's considered massively non-conforming. I find it bizarre, like we have gone backwards.
@Flumps i have the opposite, a son with very long blonde hair, he likes it long and so it’s up to him. Even though he wears skater type clothes and to be honest is very obviously a boy he still gets called a girl. He doesn’t care one jot and just laughs!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm also surprised that Jack only has 'mixed-feelings' about MBE's, I would have thought with her supposed wokeness she would be vehemently against them, given the racist and colonialist history of the British Empire? I bet she wouldn't turn it down

Reactions: 34
She "lived rough" despite her comfortably off parents living nearby. She applied for jobs and in 18 months got nothing. And people have rescued her from the railway tracks.
She is a pathological liar.

I usually find her embellished tales of tragedy amusing, but this tit is next level.

Reactions: 26
OMG THE NOSTALGIA IN THIS THREAD. I'm gonna do a nineties girl checklist...

1. Collection 2000 royal blue mascara
  2. The ill-advised venture into putting the hair version of the above through your locks, rendering them crispy and a bit like a paint palette where all the colours are mixed together
  3. Rubbing Claire's Accessories glittery lipstick over your eyes as eyeshadow, scraping the poor delicate mites into ribbons as you do so (just me?)
  4. MAKE A STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD (I legit ordered some Exclamation! from Allbeauty a few weeks ago. Actually pretty sophisticated!)
  5. Small (often transparent) rucksacks that you could display your Natural Collection body spritzes in
  6. Can I get an 'AMEN' for hiding your boobs in a Sweater Shop...er, sweater
  7. Moving into the millennium with two tone garms
  8. Wanting a pair of Buffalo trainers but my parents wouldn't let me so floral wedges from Faith it was!
  9. Rocking gloopy lipgloss you got free from Just 17 (or the pineapple roll-on stuff from Miss Selfridge if you were fancy)
  10. Bindis 😐
  11. Spectacular nail polish (see also: Miners)
  12. Sperm eyebrows (went at mine with my Dad's Mach 3; God knows how I've got anything left)
  13. The year 11 girls wearing Rimmel 'Hide the Blemish' as lipstick
  14. Dream Matte Mousse for that really undead look
There's gotta be more..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Quick rant before I have important work to do (on today's agenda - solving racism and smashing the patriarchy with my lady doctor friend, so I don't have much time - some might say I'M BUSY!!!!)

This whole 'be kind' thing is getting on my tits in such a big way. First of all, many, perhaps most people I encounter in life are kind, polite and friendly. Every now and again someone is a grumpy arse, but then, aren't we all from time to time? For the most part, just don't take it personally. Occasionally a true emotional vampire enters the fray. We all have to weigh up on how to deal with such delights and most grown-ups at some point develop a strategy that works for them. So far, no hellscape on the horizon.

BUT there are real issues out there. And I feel I have the right, perhaps even the duty, to hold people to account. Just as much as people around me hold me to account when I duck up. That doesn't mean that I or anyone else is not being kind. It's ok to ask questions. It's ok to point out inconsistencies. It's ok to not be kind to people who consistently duck up and are incompetent or shouldn't be in the job that they are in. On Twitter, there seems to be a whole bunch of people who shout 'be kind' when any kind of criticism is levelled at anyone. To them I say, stop telling people to be bleeping kind! Particularly women have always be told to be meek and kind and I've had bleeping enough of it.

We all love a dictionary definition here. Her and her followers have once again no clue of what being kind actually means.

KIND

adjective

UK /kaɪnd/ US /kaɪnd/

generous, helpful and thinking about other people's feelings
not causing harm or damage

Rant over. As you were. 🙃
This!! Couldn’t agree with you more. I also don’t get the whole business of blocking someone who calls you out. Obviously blue tickers and ‘public figures’ are susceptible to people who say things that they should be blocked for. But I’ve seen here that JM blocks people and people who like things said by the blocked person....why??

I caught a bit of Piers Morgan on GMB yesterday. He’d been drinking a pint of beer and someone tweeted that it was a health and safety issue to drink in the workplace. And Piers read out the tweet in a nerdy and condescending way and then blocked him 😂. What is that about? The man was right. I probably wouldn’t tweet about it but he was still right.

How hard must life be blocking people and then living your life not accepting that people won’t always agree with you 😤

Reactions: 16
52527036-7D7F-46E2-8F66-EA6E8866E27F.jpeg

Why are people like this with her?! God it’s truly fascinating.

OMG THE NOSTALGIA IN THIS THREAD. I'm gonna do a nineties girl checklist...

1. Collection 2000 royal blue mascara
  2. The ill-advised venture into putting the hair version of the above through your locks, rendering them crispy and a bit like a paint palette where all the colours are mixed together
  3. Rubbing Claire's Accessories glittery lipstick over your eyes as eyeshadow, scraping the poor delicate mites into ribbons as you do so (just me?)
  4. MAKE A STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD (I legit ordered some Exclamation! from Allbeauty a few weeks ago. Actually pretty sophisticated!)
  5. Small (often transparent) rucksacks that you could display your Natural Collection body spritzes in
  6. Can I get an 'AMEN' for hiding your boobs in a Sweater Shop...er, sweater
  7. Moving into the millennium with two tone garms
  8. Wanting a pair of Buffalo trainers but my parents wouldn't let me so floral wedges from Faith it was!
  9. Rocking gloopy lipgloss you got free from Just 17 (or the pineapple roll-on stuff from Miss Selfridge if you were fancy)
  10. Bindis 😐
  11. Spectacular nail polish (see also: Miners)
  12. Sperm eyebrows (went at mine with my Dad's Mach 3; God knows how I've got anything left)
  13. The year 11 girls wearing Rimmel 'Hide the Blemish' as lipstick
  14. Dream Matte Mousse for that really undead look
There's gotta be more..
Sun in!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Do what the rest of us freelancers do. Inform our clients, provide clear notification with regards to return, put an out of office on, don’t bleat ‘poor me’ all over social media as believe it or not there’s 2.5million (est) self employed so none of us are special. Above all (and I say this seriously as it’s vital). Remain PROFESSIONAL. Oh and be mindful that some of us are on permanent holidays at the moment as there is NO WORK so ‘be kind’.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
This!! Couldn’t agree with you more. I also don’t get the whole business of blocking someone who calls you out. Obviously blue tickers and ‘public figures’ are susceptible to people who say things that they should be blocked for. But I’ve seen here that JM blocks people and people who like things said by the blocked person....why??

I caught a bit of Piers Morgan on GMB yesterday. He’d been drinking a pint of beer and someone tweeted that it was a health and safety issue to drink in the workplace. And Piers read out the tweet in a nerdy and condescending way and then blocked him 😂. What is that about? The man was right. I probably wouldn’t tweet about it but he was still right.

How hard must life be blocking people and then living your life not accepting that people won’t always agree with you 😤
She's clearly been learning at the Fopperbollock school of social media...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The holiday moan is total BOLLOCKS as per. A quick scroll of her Instagram shows, the lakes, Edinburgh, Seville and Cyprus all since May 2018.
AM NEVER KNOWINGLY OFF DUTY.

*Edit to change gif 😂😂😂 it is okay to die of laughter at your own gif right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.