Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WRT earlier discussions about a newspaper expose - I'm not sure that really matters. Jack gets most of her 'work' and validation via twitter, and if her reputation's destroyed on that then it's game over. Now whenever her flying monkeys descend, there's something concrete to clap back at them with. Might make life easier for someone like this ....

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 08.01.50.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 123
The FIFA thing is absolute bullshit.
the game literally doesn’t work like that. Because (as you can imagine) controlling an entire team at once is very difficult, the game engine “assists” the player in subtle ways - eg, it can guess exactly which way you mean to pass it and “split the difference” so that pointing the stick in more or less the right direction results in a very good pass. The buttons also do different things based on context - so if you’re facing towards your goal, the shoot button won’t actually shoot, instead the game will guess that the reason you want to kick the ball very hard while facing your goal, is to boot it out of play.
since joining here a couple of weeks ago, it’s become very clear that it’s these small things that actually show her up, and add up to paint a worrying picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Crikey, its all still kicking off i see.

Why does she never seem to take her son out for a meal or a cinema trip. I mean its the summer and despite her best claims of taking on all these holidays, she hasnt seemingly done anything overly fun with him.

Reactions: 38
So has our smol Economic Nobel Lareate commented at all on yesterday’s inflation figures? Deployed the VBI? Or a “it’s nearly ready/I’m only one person doing it on my own leave me alone” rebuke to those blind cult members who are less, er, “evidence-based” and continue to cite this non-existent VBI as proof of something or other

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Maybe we should facetune all Jack's slops to see if it makes them look less like old cowpats?

I'm also so excited for the Molly article. I hope it's tomorrow so we have a nice weekend chaos.
680DD05C-FC8A-4CD8-87DE-B25561A169D8.jpeg

It looks like she’s tried to here. The slimy herbs though
95229C3C-0B27-4D48-8974-BEE59098E362.jpeg

This one just made me choke on my coffee, the pieces of Brie sticking out 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
it’s become very clear that it’s these small things that actually show her up, and add up to paint a worrying picture.
When you let these small things become big and you never let them go is when it becomes problematic.

We all have our granola.

Try to let the FIFA thing go for now. Let it fly like a glove bird. Wait for a bigger lie. It will come.
Don’t become a #fifatruther.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
WTF (this thread is full of fawning replies). Some think she should get a honorary doctorate from the LSE.

Nice.
View attachment 1507947

View attachment 1507937

She has also retweeted her celery town event.

Stand strong everyone. I am no longer at the Wall, had I been I would have done my bit from Sycamore Gap.
View attachment 1507939
News: The ONS is considering publishing inflation changes for different wealth groups
Jack: I think there should be a way of showing how inflation effects the poor worse, I’m working on the VBI. It will help the poors, I’ll be finished in a weekend.
ONS: we will now be showing how inflation effects different wealth groups. It’s something we have been working on since November.
Jack fans: Jack does so much. This is all down to her. She is like a modern day saint.
Jack: yep, all me. Much working behind the scenes. Please send cashos.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Based on the fact the ONS were scraping data back in 2021, Jack hasn't influenced that.

But I do think we have to be fair to her and say she has influenced this newest graph showing the impact on the poorest.

That said, it was never a radical proposition to begin with. 'Being poor means you're more impacted by price rises? You don't say!'

Practically speaking I don't think it does a god damn thing but I'll give her it. She obviously feels good about it.

Reactions: 40
Mmm claggy.

Surely if you're treating yourself to some nice brie you wouldnt also have the vile "cooking bacon" lumps as well.
Sweaty sticky undercooked pig fat is a great source of protein I’ll have you know.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
News: The ONS is considering publishing inflation changes for different wealth groups
Jack: I think there should be a way of showing how inflation effects the poor worse, I’m working on the VBI. It will help the poors, I’ll be finished in a weekend.
ONS: we will now be showing how inflation effects different wealth groups. It’s something we have been working on since November.
Jack fans: Jack does so much. This is all down to her. She is like a modern day saint.
Jack: yep, all me. Much working behind the scenes. Please send cashos.
This is like the opposite of when Rosalind Franklin’s contribution regarding the structure of DNA was disregarded.

Without her X-ray crystallography work Watson and Crick would never have got so far so quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The video game thing with SB really pisses me off 🙄
I don’t want to go on a me-rail, but during the worst times of my life video games have been a huge source of happiness, distraction and comfort, the absolute last thing I’d want (especially when I was a lot younger) is a parent coming to watch me, try to join in and trick me into listening to their rants about how terrible the world is. Kids need time to themselves too.
I did sometimes play multiplayer video games with my dad, but that was fun and he didn’t have some ulterior motive.

That Fifa story was definitely bullshit because the game doesn’t work like that, but it was probably based on truth, being the child of a narc must be rubbish and I really feel for him.
Egh I can’t stand that Homer Simpson mouthed twit.
Poor SB isn't allowed anything for himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Based on the fact the ONS were scraping data back in 2021, Jack hasn't influenced that.

But I do think we have to be fair to her and say she has influenced this newest graph showing the impact on the poorest.

That said, it was never a radical proposition to begin with. 'Being poor means you're more impacted by price rises? You don't say!'

Practically speaking I don't think it does a god damn thing but I'll give her it. She obviously feels good about it.
The thing is, she then used the findings to confirm what she had said, when that's not what they said...she was arguing with the editor of the FT (iirc).

Reactions: 33
Crikey, its all still kicking off i see.

Why does she never seem to take her son out for a meal or a cinema trip. I mean its the summer and despite her best claims of taking on all these holidays, she hasnt seemingly done anything overly fun with him.
To be fair to Jack she DID take him to the park with the dog last week to play kicky ball. What a treat!
Realistically we all know he's not there. He doesn't live there. He barely visits there. If he did there would be some form of evidence that she's done something with him. Whether it's his choice or someone else's hopefully it's the best thing for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
To be fair to Jack she DID take him to the park with the dog last week to play kicky ball. What a treat!
Realistically we all know he's not there. He doesn't live there. He barely visits there. If he did there would be some form of evidence that she's done something with him. Whether it's his choice or someone else's hopefully it's the best thing for him.
Exactly, i have had to take my kids out somewhere, on their bikes, to the park, anywhere for at least a few hours or else they just go feral in the house. 😄

He if he is there more than one day is expected to sot around and wait for his mum to give him some attention.

Reactions: 21
About 1/3 of the people I follow on Twitter also follow Jack. What I find interesting is that not that long ago, she was being retweeted so much into my timeline that I had to mute her (not because I was suspicious of her, but just because it was tedious seeing the same tweets in my timeline). I unmuted her a while ago but she hardly appears in my timeline at all. I know it's not rigorous statistical analysis but I don't think she's getting the traction she was.

Reactions: 54
A deluded Jack stan squig spreading the word and gospel of Saint ‘One of the Poors’ Jack…A Cult….send Molly over to have a word…

0F3E2AC2-512A-4B09-9661-245DD2AC7CD6.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I’ve just realised that’s not her kitchen. Is that the sideboards you all mention?! No WAY! She’s literally filled them with kitchen stuff despite her kitchen being absolutely filled to the gunnels. Oh my.
She has seasonal crockery, including a set just for Christmas, which she rotates, she has a vast collection of cotswolds in which to house it all

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.