Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I sometimes wonder what impact Molly's blog post will make. I think we forget Jack is a quite obscure figure. I guarantee if I were to ask 20 or 30 people I know if they had heard of her they would all say no. She lives on a quite small corner of twitter. She can style herself as a 'TV gob' but that is very optimistic. 'Lorraine' for a couple of completely forgettable times? Breakfast news twice a year?
I really hope Molly's blog will make potential and existing donors to the workshy greedy whinger think twice, that will be a good result, but I think a story taken up by journalists might be optimistic. Jack simply is not relevant enough.
It could stop lazy journalists quoting Jack's tweets. And it might reduce the dwindle number of partnerships.

Reactions: 48
I do think it’s already made a difference. (Not just Molly’s blog but the tweets). People are now openly questioning her on social media, and mocking her even. This is something we didn’t see before. The seeds of doubt have been planted. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
The NotHarold bunny boiler saga reminds me that when my ex met his now girlfriend, she referred to him online as her partner after 2-3 weeks of dating and introduced her young kids after 2 weeks. They were living together after 3 months.

I got some hot tea from someone she’d previously tried dating from the apps that when this dude (not my ex) gently said he didn’t feel he was right for her (because she was OTT but he didn’t say that) she went apocalyptic at him and accused him of exploiting her vulnerability and that she’d have made the perfect wife 😬

My ex was a lovebomber (evident to me and someone else he dated) but I think he was out-lovebombed by someone worse than him 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Yes I sometimes wonder what impact Molly's blog post will make. I think we forget Jack is a quite obscure figure. I guarantee if I were to ask 20 or 30 people I know if they had heard of her they would all say no. She lives on a quite small corner of twitter. She can style herself as a 'TV gob' but that is very optimistic. 'Lorraine' for a couple of completely forgettable times? Breakfast news twice a year?
I really hope Molly's blog will make potential and existing donors to the workshy greedy whinger think twice, that will be a good result, but I think a story taken up by journalists might be optimistic. Jack simply is not relevant enough.

Not wanting to appear catty but lorraine wasn't even on during her last appearance. That just underlines the mediocrity of Jack's TV career.

* does cats bum mouth anyway *

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She had the weekend away with 'in laws' - where they bought her all those mouldy cookery books that she couldn't carry by herself. We all initially thought she meant SB's dad's family.
The Easter falling asleep on the sofa was after that.
Oh lord I can just imagine her referring to Harold's brother as 'brother in law', wildly laughing and saying 'joking!' {not joking} 😬
I'm eating lunch, and my stomach is trying to cringe itself inside out. I can visualise the whole thing 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I hear you, though I’m not sure that I’m even seeing it as a big Jack Monroe exposé. In a way, she’s almost irrelevant to it. The big story’s the cautionary tale of the grift that influencers can and do get away with; the Teemill stuff and buy my books for charidee stuff being a case in point. That it’s about Jack specifically is just sort of tangential to the tale in a way.

Unfortunately, I think there’ll be a lot less traction about her taking a platform to which she has no right. I don’t think anyone in a position to do anything about that gives enough of a tit.

Depending on what comes out we might see fewer brands collaborating with her etc. She’s totally pissed on her strawberries as far as getting any sort of work with most other chefs/cooks, where she had little to no credibility anyway. She’s pretty terrible on TV, full stop. There’s no career as a presenter for her, and I’m not sure how long she can drag out those luke warm hot takes snd scaremongering she does, and certainly not into anything lucrative.

She’s also increasingly becoming a laughing stock and a caricature on SM and I don’t see that changing. I mean, it’s highly unlikely she’s going to become less ludicrous, is it?

Edit: 🥕

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I hear you, though I’m not sure that I’m even seeing it as a big Jack Monroe exposé. In a way, she’s almost irrelevant to it. The big story’s the cautionary tale of the grift that influencers can and do get away with; the Teemill stuff and buy my books for charidee stuff being a case in point. That it’s about Jack specifically is just sort of tangential to the tale in a way.

Unfortunately, I think there’ll be a lot less traction about her taking a platform to which she has no right. I don’t think anyone in a position to do anything about that gives enough of a tit.

Depending on what comes out we might see fewer brands collaborating with her etc. She’s totally pissed on her strawberries as far as getting any sort of work with most other chefs/cooks, where she had little to no credibility anyway. She’s pretty terrible on TV, full stop. There’s no career as a presenter for her, and I’m not sure how long she can drag out those luke warm hot takes snd scaremongering she does, and certainly not into anything lucrative.

She’s also increasingly becoming a laughing stock and a caricature on SM and I don’t see that changing. I mean, it’s highly unlikely she’s going to become less ludicrous, is it?

Edit: 🥕
Yes I wasn't trying to minimise Molly's blog as thank goodness someone outside of here is finally doing a sensible, clever and measured look at Ms Monroe.
I don't think we'll ever see a grand 'ta dah' media unveiling of her grifting ways - she is small fry.
But her name and reputation is increasingly becoming mud on SM. Too many jokes at her expense. Too many growing rumours about her supposed poverty. I think it will be a slow death media wise.
Interesting she clung on to Joanne Harris. About the last blue ticker apart from Lurchio who showed her any support.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Fraus, why is there a very, very tiny child and some sort of shrunken Eamon Holmes Easter Island head spying on the BBC and the viewers from the shelves behind her head?

E1222494-2A61-4D8C-BDFD-C4EA7BA41BDF.jpeg

Please tell me the rest of you can see these accursed beings too and that she hasn’t put some heckin’ big hoodoo curse on me where that tiny little girl comes onto my pillow in the night and whispers terrifying prophecies of The Pumble into my ear, while shrunken Easter Island Eamon bites off my toes one by one because my foot’s sticking out from under the covers.

Yes I wasn't trying to minimise Molly's blog as thank goodness someone outside of here is finally doing a sensible, clever and measured look at Ms Monroe.
I don't think we'll ever see a grand 'ta dah' media unveiling of her grifting ways - she is small fry.
But her name and reputation is increasingly becoming mud on SM. Too many jokes at her expense. Too many growing rumours about her supposed poverty. I think it will be a slow death media wise.
Interesting she clung on to Joanne Harris. About
Huge apologies if it came across like that JellyB, it was not at all intended. I guess I was agreeing with you, but clumsily in a “don’t worry, I don’t think that part matters” way. (Lol and as to her blue tick mates,don’t forget about Rufus Hound weighing in back there about…something? too)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Huge apologies if it came across like that JellyB, it was not at all intended. I guess I was agreeing with you, but clumsily in a “don’t worry, I don’t think that part matters” way. (Lol and as to her blue tick mates,don’t forget about Rufus Hound weighing in back there about…something? too)
Dear tender one, argh no! Your post made perfect sense and my reply agreeing was clumsy. Please accept a slightly mouldy around the edges symbolic Pumble from me.
Yes! Rufus Hound offered her advice about eucalyptus logs on her non existant fire.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I want to see that Easter facetuned picture again. Truly a thing of wonder.

As a mark of how totally overinvested I’ve become, I downloaded FaceTune to see how it works for the lols. I set a reminder to cancel on the day my free trial ran out but it seems you need to cancel the previous day. So now I’ve spunked £30 odd quid on this app I’m never going to use because I’m a middle aged woman and I never do selfies. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So if you’ve got some photos you’d like a bit zingier, send them my way 👍
I’ve just coughed up a lung at this 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She had the weekend away with 'in laws' - where they bought her all those mouldy cookery books that she couldn't carry by herself. We all initially thought she meant SB's dad's family.
The Easter falling asleep on the sofa was after that.
Oh lord I can just imagine her referring to Harold's brother as 'brother in law', wildly laughing and saying 'joking!' {not joking} 😬
Being mackie, ego the size of a planet, assumed she’d pop herself on the dating apps, and be snapped up in a trice, one and done

Reactions: 20
Tender Fraus, I am known as ‘very tidy’, I have even broken into a friend houses and cleaned it from top to bottom (child in hospital, working single parent, more practical than a bunch of flowers) but I would NEVER walk into someone’s house and offer to hoover. Unless it was REALLY bad … Jack love I’M COMING TO FETTLE YOU (this is not a threat, we don’t want you dead Jack, just maybe a bit cleaner ….).

I’ve just coughed up a lung at this 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Sending a pumble my love x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Fraus, why is there a very, very tiny child and some sort of shrunken Eamon Holmes Easter Island head spying on the BBC and the viewers from the shelves behind her head?

View attachment 1507839

Please tell me the rest of you can see these accursed beings too and that she hasn’t put some heckin’ big hoodoo curse on me where that tiny little girl comes onto my pillow in the night and whispers terrifying prophecies of The Pumble into my ear, while shrunken Easter Island Eamon bites off my toes one by one because my foot’s sticking out from under the covers.
The shrunken head is a mug, I think, I used to have a similar one. The polka dot bit of the very tiny child must be crockery of some sort, but not sure what's making up the rest of that!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Have any forensic Fraus come across Patreaons Puddle - I don’t really understand Twitter but they are not a Jack fan and are retweeting AMs stuff ….

Reactions: 12
View attachment 1507720Hang on, how could this even happen? Do we take this to mean that Not Harold also now owns eleventy billion plates, bowls and sundry items “most of it from charity shops” so that part of Not Harold’s kitchen now also resembles the Under Butler’s storeroom at the Dowager’s country pile?

View attachment 1507730

I wonder if Not Harold also decided to get exactly matching inexplicable multiples of large unsightly snake charmer baskets to put on his top kitchen shelf? You know, in case he ever needs to hide from the Nazis in one like Marion in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I’ve just realised that’s not her kitchen. Is that the sideboards you all mention?! No WAY! She’s literally filled them with kitchen stuff despite her kitchen being absolutely filled to the gunnels. Oh my.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think even the mildest rebuke of her energy advice in the i paper is progress, hopefully that journalist is watching.

Reactions: 25
WTF (this thread is full of fawning replies). Some think she should get a honorary doctorate from the LSE.

Nice.
8EC69B0C-C553-4779-A304-6AACE5E3525C.jpeg

8C7A8154-820C-4ECD-AE14-A13E604E3017.jpeg

She has also retweeted her celery town event.

Stand strong everyone. I am no longer at the Wall, had I been I would have done my bit from Sycamore Gap.
05292631-6ACD-4E0F-A5F7-36DC8FC370D5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I once suggested Stagecoach retimed their first bus in the morning by a few minutes so myself and my fellow passengers didn't miss the connecting train. And they did.

Send doctorate-os.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.