Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video game thing with SB really pisses me off šŸ™„
I donā€™t want to go on a me-rail, but during the worst times of my life video games have been a huge source of happiness, distraction and comfort, the absolute last thing Iā€™d want (especially when I was a lot younger) is a parent coming to watch me, try to join in and trick me into listening to their rants about how terrible the world is. Kids need time to themselves too.
I did sometimes play multiplayer video games with my dad, but that was fun and he didnā€™t have some ulterior motive.

That Fifa story was definitely bullshit because the game doesnā€™t work like that, but it was probably based on truth, being the child of a narc must be rubbish and I really feel for him.
Egh I canā€™t stand that Homer Simpson mouthed twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
An observation before I go and pluck my chin ahead of a face to face meeting in work this morning:
Lee Anderson reasonably opined that Jack made money out of poverty. As a result, Jack raised legal action against him and set the flying monkeys off on a wild one. She asked for money towards a legal fund which couldnā€™t wait until the following Monday when sheā€™d spoken to her lawyer. Nobody ever found out what happened to either the legal case or the funds.
Molly on the other hand, has done more damage than Lee Anderson, Iā€™d say. Where are her threats of legal action? Where are the FMā€™s? Where are the people tagging Jack in Mollyā€™s posts saying ā€˜Jack, another one to sue, I hope you get your forever homeā€™? Whereā€™s Jackā€™s big ā€˜WOMP thereā€™s another oneā€™?

She is RATTLED and so are her FMā€™s.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
Just seen who is chairing that thing in Edinburgh.

šŸ’”.

Why does Jack ruin everything for everyone?

(I was going to go and see her soon, now I am most definitely not).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The video game thing with SB really pisses me off šŸ™„
I donā€™t want to go on a me-rail, but during the worst times of my life video games have been a huge source of happiness, distraction and comfort, the absolute last thing Iā€™d want (especially when I was a lot younger) is a parent coming to watch me, try to join in and trick me into listening to their rants about how terrible the world is. Kids need time to themselves too.
I did sometimes play multiplayer video games with my dad, but that was fun and he didnā€™t have some ulterior motive.

That Fifa story was definitely bullshit because the game doesnā€™t work like that, but it was probably based on truth, being the child of a narc must be rubbish and I really feel for him.
Egh I canā€™t stand that Homer Simpson mouthed twit.
I'm also confused at how they played all these games considering she only got a TV recently and that was meant to be in her bedroom... really makes you think..

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Just bringing @DisgruntledGoat's comment over from the previous thread ....

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 07.21.54.png

Because this is how one squig responded to Nigella's most recent boost ..... #makesuthink

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 07.21.00.png

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 124
WTF (this thread is full of fawning replies). Some think she should get a honorary doctorate from the LSE.

Nice.
View attachment 1507947

View attachment 1507937

She has also retweeted her celery town event.

Stand strong everyone. I am no longer at the Wall, had I been I would have done my bit from Sycamore Gap.
View attachment 1507939
Hope the interviewer at the book festival tries some of the recipes beforehand to have an idea how great the Bad Food for Bad days really is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm also confused at how they played all these games considering she only got a TV recently and that was meant to be in her bedroom... really makes you think..
Additionally, what a weird juxtaposition for SB to be sitting in a house with no lightbulbs, only solar light, no hot water to wash his hands or bathe, playing an expensive games console.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 126
Iā€™ve not really thought about the bottom tweet much before, so is she implying that theyā€™d been arguing about her house being such a cesspit of rusty old shite? Maybe she was trying to pressure him to move in and he was reluctant because if made him uncomfortable? šŸ•µšŸ»
If so ā€˜just becauseā€™ is gaslightly af, if heā€™s not comfortable in that environment she should give a tit about it, all speculation mā€™lud!

P.S Iā€™ve always imagined her house smelling of wet feathers
I should imagine itā€™s far worse than that, especially now sheā€™s added a sizeable non house train dog, and canā€™t drag her Mediterranean out of bed first thing

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The shrunken head is a mug, I think, I used to have a similar one. The polka dot bit of the very tiny child must be crockery of some sort, but not sure what's making up the rest of that!
I had one too! Sadly I broke it years ago but I stole it from a tiki bar I can't remember the name of in London, when I used to drink (am teetotal now as although not an alcoholic I recognised I had an unhealthy relationship with booze so decided to cut it out before it became a problem) I was a bit of a kleptomaniac when drunk, many an interesting glass/mug came home with me. I wonder if she stole if from the same place I stole mine!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I am just so angry about the LSE comment.

On a day where the A-level results are likely to be lower than the last 2 years (all for another discussion), which will lead to much stress and anxiety for students, those that have actually worked hard to get into these institutions, then gone on to get masters and PhDs deserve all the recognition that comes to them.

LSE is one of the hardest to get into and these idiots are suggesting she gets an (albeit honorary) award for tweeting?

You did nothing Jack. Read it here. Nothing. A-levels are hard. University is hard. Tweeting sound bites is a piece of piss. You want hard? Iā€™ll show you the effects of hard. It is in three oxygen cylinders in my house.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Can I just interrupt the gentle blowing of pumbleweed across the Thorpe Bay prairie* to say I absolutely ā¤ the constant deployment of ā€œmakes you thinkā€ šŸ¤£

* I know this makes no actual sense but I love the image of pumbleweedā€¦

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Thrilled for Jack that the location of the Cellery book festical has changed so that she will even make it out of New Town / George Street for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The way she happily takes credit for other people's work just really disgusts me. What a leech.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Maybe we should facetune all Jack's slops to see if it makes them look less like old cowpats?

I'm also so excited for the Molly article. I hope it's tomorrow so we have a nice weekend chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The ONS data was being scraped from the start of 2021 as part of their ā€˜highly experimentalā€™ analysisā€¦ perhaps she was helping ā€˜behind the scenesā€™.
Anyone with a modicum of intelligence will realise this cannot be done using Jackā€™s receipts and her book scribblings.

It will require considerable statistical analysis using a) computer programmes b) people who know how to use the computer programmes c) consistent data input

I just cannot see how the squigs are blind to this. Are they all scientifically illiterate?

Today is not going well.

It could be improved by more tea (no pressure JCC), marmalade ice cream, granola or me happening across a shed load of mega buttons on the A1.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.