Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do find it very interesting that since AM appeared/there’s a lot more scrutiny on her there have been ZERO moans, whinges or any wheeling out of the myriad ouchy mouth crumbly shoulder SEVERELY SEVERE ailments though, and just one of AA.

Makes you think.

Edit: 🥕 I’M EXHAUSTED
I know, it's weird right. If I were in Jack's position (thank Goddess I'm not), I'd be bigging up the crumbly shoulder and the AA meetings specifically in order to protect myself against any potential criticism from Molly, "oh how can you TROLL little meeeeee!? I'm soooo fragile and ouchy!"

But she's not doing that. Stranj.

Reactions: 29
Yeah I agree, she’s not one to take advice, but there’s definitely been a step change in her output. She’s not stopped her nonsense completely but I think there’s a roll back. It must be killing her that she can’t just do her usual, she can’t even deploy content because that’s a BIG £ Sign right there 🤣

Molly has shone a light on her and she’s squirming like fk.

Really makes you think
I agree with both your posts @Dogmuck.

Before I started posting on here I had a very similar thought that the genesis of Hunger Hurts 2 was an attempt to put content out there that could be part of a defence against Lee Anderson, as is the downsizing, selling of rings, everything. think she’s calculating enough to do that consistently.

I also thought that she would make a good (for a given quantity of good) fiction writer….

• Heart
Trussell refused my donation of a boxful of kids' halloween treats "because they're a Christian organisation and halloween is pagan/satanic"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 117
To me (one of) the most bizarre things is the sheer number of people who by their own admission don’t give a duck where the money they donate is going or what she spends it on as she’s allowed to do whatever she likes with it “because she does so much good”
It's amazing what you can do if you manage to pull the wool over sufficient eyes. She has a reputation for helping the poors, and so she grifts a lot of cash off the back of that reputation. "Oh, it's Jack, she's that poverty campaigner off the telly/she's done all those books/she works with that big charity, somebody will have done the due diligence, she must be A Good Egg."

Only nobody's done the due diligence, because why would you dig into someone doing Good Work for The Poors, that's mean and unnecessary.

People can be very bad at thinking critically for themselves and assume that someone else has done the work.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Not only paid her, the production company did a shocking job of totally 🔺 her house/location by filming a lingering shot of her road and the outside of her house and a load of interior stuff and posting it as a ‘promotional’ vid to show how expert they are at working with ‘talent’ (that last word theirs not mine)
Quoting myself like a big self-quoting self quoter but found the vid

ETA “Top UK chef Jack Monroe” 🤢

Separately, just thought I’d leave this here for everyone’s delectation mortification. What. A. Tool.
E015BE6F-0995-490D-A49C-08EA61D0B6BA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
To me (one of) the most bizarre things is the sheer number of people who by their own admission don’t give a duck where the money they donate is going or what she spends it on as she’s allowed to do whatever she likes with it “because she does so much good”

The grift of soliciting donations “to fix my website” (twice, still not fixed), “for legal fees” (no news/nowt going on there since there’s no case whatsoever to answer), Teemill, “Selflessly ‘donating’ my books (that you will buy from me AT FULL RRP when by my own admission I can get them at half that price from the publisher) to charidee” are all extremely problematic.

There’s been zero transparency on any of this, so for all anyone knows she’s pocketed the cash for the lot. Even if she hasn’t, there’s still the total lack of transparency, which should be an ABSOLUTE GIVEN in such situations. And let’s not forget she’s made a concerted effort/conscious decision to avoid transparency (she could have turned on the totals raised on Teemill and also had donations going direct to a charity, not via her for eg. She could have said “no court case, I’m just going to refund everyone” for eg). That’s an issue. And quite frankly the Trussell Trust can right duck off too with their weasel words and kissing the ring on that whole Teemill debacle.

Plus, even if that twit Lurchio and her are “kindly donating” every penny of the piles of other people’s cash they rake into their accounts, with no transparency, to charity, as that cash is then a donation FROM THEM they can potentially claim gift aid, plus potentially get a nice chunk of interest while it’s sitting in their bank account.

Not even going to do a comedy “makes you think” because what it actually “makes you” is seriously disgusted and pissed off.
Such a good post! Could not agree more!!

Reactions: 23
Where’s the £40 wallpaper that was the answer to all your organisational woes?

just to add thats not her MacBook, so she has desktop, laptop and MacBook plus latest iphone(s), being a poor in mackie land is a real struggle
The second screenshot is from a squig, I think, praising some organisational suggestion of Jack's. So the laptop is theirs, not JM's.

Reactions: 20
The letdown larder series is genuinely one of my favourite canal memories. The chaos, the cringe. It was perfect x

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Where’s the £40 wallpaper that was the answer to all your organisational woes?

just to add thats not her MacBook, so she has desktop, laptop and MacBook plus latest iphone(s), being a poor in mackie land is a real struggle
That's a squigg who is using some useless #jackshack in order to procrastinate.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It was the stolen slogan one. Even when I didn’t think she was up to anything I couldn’t get behind those other abominations.
I did wear it in public once, though this will not be happening again. The shame, the shame!
To be fair, that was the least worst option.

As I always say, Jack Monroe, good and original, but never at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

The grift of soliciting donations “to fix my website” (twice, still not fixed), “for legal fees” (no news/nowt going on there since there’s no case whatsoever to answer), Teemill, “Selflessly ‘donating’ my books (that you will buy from me AT FULL RRP when by my own admission I can get them at half that price from the publisher) to charidee” are all extremely problematic.

There’s been zero transparency on any of this, so for all anyone knows she’s pocketed the cash for the lot. Even if she hasn’t, there’s still the total lack of transparency, which should be an ABSOLUTE GIVEN in such situations. And let’s not forget she’s made a concerted effort/conscious decision to avoid transparency (she could have turned on the totals raised on Teemill and also had donations going direct to a charity, not via her for eg. She could have said “no court case, I’m just going to refund everyone” for eg). That’s an issue. And quite frankly the Trussell Trust can right duck off too with their weasel words and kissing the ring on that whole Teemill debacle.

Plus, even if that twit Lurchio and her are “kindly donating” every penny of the piles of other people’s cash they rake into their accounts, with no transparency, to charity, as that cash is then a donation FROM THEM they can potentially claim gift aid, plus potentially get a nice chunk of interest while it’s sitting in their bank account.

Not even going to do a comedy “makes you think” because what it actually “makes you” is seriously disgusted and pissed off.
I would like 👍🏻this post more than once if I could. Very well said.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder what happened to Jack's multiple job applications done on a nokia?

I pray to LJC that one day she just posts a picture of herself dressed as a train driver.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I wonder what happened to Jack's multiple job applications done on a nokia?

I pray to LJC that one day she just posts a picture of herself dressed as a train driver.
As long as she's just dressed up and no one is actually getting on the train.

• Haha
Tender bums, we are close to the end of the thread, the most liked was this one with 108 reactions. I've had to post two pics as the post was a long 'un.

F0FB9124-EA34-4AEF-AAC3-C6266FB8C1B8.jpeg
8E48E6FF-44A0-4A80-A9E8-630E8CF542BF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.