Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I hadn't considered the PayPal stuff until recently. There is no way she could know whether money going into her tip jar was for her or for the trussel trust. Lots of people seem to think everything that she "earns" goes to them so if they made a donation would assume it was to them, not her. I think that puts her on quite shaky ground for any PayPal money she has kept.
Yes. Ralf Little said the other day that money paid to her goes to the Trussel Trust. How many people, like him, are assuming that their patreon money or PayPal donations to Jack end up helping genuinely poor people and how many are aware that itā€™s going on lip fillers and spoons?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I hadn't considered the PayPal stuff until recently. There is no way she could know whether money going into her tip jar was for her or for the trussel trust. Lots of people seem to think everything that she "earns" goes to them so if they made a donation would assume it was to them, not her. I think that puts her on quite shaky ground for any PayPal money she has kept.
This, in my opinion, is the main issue. She has money coming in from all angles and grifts, with zero transparency. The Kickstarter debacle could have been a mistake, but when laid next to the Teemil money going missing and taking money for the court case, with no follow ups or explanation, and lots of money going into different accounts for different things, it all looks very murky. Thereā€™s a reason weā€™ve had a lot more people join this thread in the last month than for a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
The whole Teemill thing is wierd. She promised Trussell Trust Ā£10k and said anything over that would go to smaller charities.
After a lot of pressure she handed over more than Ā£11k to TT. Why did they get the extra? And not the smaller charities?
Then, not even as a standalone tweet but in a sulky reply to someone, she said an undisclosed amount of money had gone to undisclosed charities who didn't want to be identified.
This despite at the beginning Jack promising complete transparency and constant updates as to where the money would be going.
It is all very strange.
What sort of charity doesn't want free advertising. Just being named as a beneficiary would be a boost. Nope. . Doesn't make me think much expect someone has their charity pants on fire.

Reactions: 45
Ooh! We were looking for these after the DKL watch-alongs finished, are there any more?!
The one she had to do again because the livestream failed to save:

And a promo:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Interesting thought, though this all supposes sheā€™s actually capable of taking well informed advice thatā€™s given to her, which letā€™s be honest she doesnā€™t have the best track record of.

I do find it very interesting that since AM appeared/thereā€™s a lot more scrutiny on net there have been ZERO moans, whinges or any wheeling out of the myriad ouchy mouth crumbly shoulder SEVERELY SEVERE ailments though, and just one of AA.

Makes you think.
Yeah I agree, sheā€™s not one to take advice, but thereā€™s definitely been a step change in her output. Sheā€™s not stopped her nonsense completely but I think thereā€™s a roll back. It must be killing her that she canā€™t just do her usual, she canā€™t even deploy content because thatā€™s a BIG Ā£ Sign right there šŸ¤£

Molly has shone a light on her and sheā€™s squirming like fk.

Really makes you think

• Haha
Reactions: 43
What sort of charity doesn't want free advertising. Just being named as a beneficiary would be a boost. Nope. . Doesn't make me think much expect someone has their charity pants on fire.
I guess itā€™s plausible that they donā€™t want to be associated with the Teemill merchandise, because itā€™s all a sack of absolute shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She's awake šŸ‘€. Buckle up, nefarious asshats, for the furious essay, the 7 years in the making recipe and more heckin big clutter guff.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Yeah I agree, sheā€™s not one to take advice, but thereā€™s definitely been a step change in her output. Sheā€™s not stopped her nonsense completely but I think thereā€™s a roll back. It must be killing her that she canā€™t just do her usual, she canā€™t even deploy content because thatā€™s a BIG Ā£ Sign right there šŸ¤£

Molly has shone a light on her and sheā€™s squirming like fk.

Really makes you think
Jack Monroe - Really makes you think as the next thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
This, in my opinion, is the main issue. She has money coming in from all angles and grifts, with zero transparency. The Kickstarter debacle could have been a mistake, but when laid next to the Teemil money going missing and taking money for the court case, with no follow ups or explanation, and lots of money going into different accounts for different things, it all looks very murky. Thereā€™s a reason weā€™ve had a lot more people join this thread in the last month than for a long time.
Yes agreed. And this is why there are such strict rules in respect of holding/using any money that relates to anything charitable in any way. In a Bank you would certainly not open an account for someone and let them knowingly receive and draw out possible trust monies/charitable monies. It is important to be able to to totally transparent as to who is the legal owner of the monies in the event of ,say, bankruptcy. Or in fact any claim from any rightful beneficial owner. The rules are there to protect everyone including the person receiving the money from any such claims.

Reactions: 33
She's awake šŸ‘€. Buckle up, nefarious asshats, for the furious essay, the 7 years in the making recipe and more heckin big clutter guff.
And this?

givemeaminute.jpg

ETA

Screenshot_20220819-110527_Fenix.jpg

Or you could stop trying to set up a perfect social media photograph and just bleeping get on with it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
There's actually a bigger issue here, money being continually handed over on SM platforms with zero scrutiny and oversight. Itā€™s ripe for abuse.
If tighter regulation of "unconventional fundraising" comes out of this, I will be a happy Frau. Even if it's just people knowing to only donate via official channels.

I support a number of charities via direct donation (not saying which ones because one is a very small local charity to mešŸ”ŗ), and I am vocal in my support of them. I would never encourage people to donate via my my personal PayPal, but I always link to the charity's direct giving page, or my JustGiving page if I'm doing a sponsored event. I would never think to fundraise for my own legal fees "with the excess going to charity," because it's just not transparent.

People need to remember that if something is excessively complicated with extra steps, it's a scam of some sort or there is a higher risk of something going wrong. The simple
  1. donate to charity via their direct giving page, charity gets the money plus gift aid directly
should always win out over the complicated
  1. Pay me to my personal paypal
  2. I'll deduct my legal fees, bread and jam money, [whatever I'm rinsing the paypigs for this time]
  3. I'll send the excess to the charity, this means the charity doesn't get Gift Aid and there's an extra time for them to wait, and it's just an excel spreadsheet that I could put any old numbers into to maximise my profit at the expense of the charity.
Even if you're not looking to deliberately defraud people, what happens if you're hit by a bus and the administrators of your estate have no idea that people are giving you money to give to charity?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
What with a) a constant stream of Russ In Cheshire-type squigs lusting after her 'rack', b) her in-no-way-made-up dalliances with sex work and c) a stone-cold devotion to constantly-turning-over mostly-untraceable income streams, I'm kinda amazed she hasn't opened up some form of OnlyFans.

Nothing too outrƩ, mind you, just the occasional flash of port-wine thigh, or unwisely-pointed sideboob. And it would have to be solo work only, 'cos everybody she's ever met can't stand her.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Apologies if Iā€™m duplicating but she also says she left home at 17 and learnt to cook with her Nepalese and half Italian housemates. She has also given interviews saying she was 16 and the housemates have become fully Italian and Somalian. Lovely bit of racist tokenism there.

Good God. It's chaos upon chaos. For those of you who switched off at the cooking, I'd recommend watching it from 22mins in.

Edited to add: With 14mins 50sec left (the video tell you how long you have left rather than how long you've watched) she states that for Home Economics classes she didn't stick to the recipes because her parents were too poor and so she had the wrong ingredients. Her behaviour is so odd it's difficult to watch.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Yes. Ralf Little said the other day that money paid to her goes to the Trussel Trust. How many people, like him, are assuming that their patreon money or PayPal donations to Jack end up helping genuinely poor people and how many are aware that itā€™s going on lip fillers and spoons?
To me (one of) the most bizarre things is the sheer number of people who by their own admission donā€™t give a duck where the money they donate is going or what she spends it on as sheā€™s allowed to do whatever she likes with it ā€œbecause she does so much goodā€

The grift of soliciting donations ā€œto fix my websiteā€ (twice, still not fixed), ā€œfor legal feesā€ (no news/nowt going on there since thereā€™s no case whatsoever to answer), Teemill, ā€œSelflessly ā€˜donatingā€™ my books (that you will buy from me AT FULL RRP when by my own admission I can get them at half that price from the publisher) to charideeā€ are all extremely problematic.

Thereā€™s been zero transparency on any of this, so for all anyone knows sheā€™s pocketed the cash for the lot. Even if she hasnā€™t, thereā€™s still the total lack of transparency, which should be an ABSOLUTE GIVEN in such situations. And letā€™s not forget sheā€™s made a concerted effort/conscious decision to avoid transparency (she could have turned on the totals raised on Teemill and also had donations going direct to a charity, not via her for eg. She could have said ā€œno court case, Iā€™m just going to refund everyoneā€ for eg). Thatā€™s an issue. And quite frankly the Trussell Trust can right duck off too with their weasel words and kissing the ring on that whole Teemill debacle.

Plus, even if that twit Lurchio and her are ā€œkindly donatingā€ every penny of the piles of other peopleā€™s cash they rake into their accounts, with no transparency, to charity, as that cash is then a donation FROM THEM they can potentially claim gift aid, plus potentially get a nice chunk of interest while itā€™s sitting in their bank account.

Not even going to do a comedy ā€œmakes you thinkā€ because what it actually ā€œmakes youā€ is seriously disgusted and pissed off.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.