Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really? Maybe you were just unlucky - some of their food banks actually do Halloween-inspired appeals!

It probably was just the opinion/decision of the woman there, but it did put me off them a bit in favour of donating to small independent groups bc I felt they shouldn't make a judgement to deny a child a treat based on their own faith. I just mentioned it in connection to them minimising their involvement with bad-taste slogans :)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I wonder what happened to Jack's multiple job applications done on a nokia?

I pray to LJC that one day she just posts a picture of herself dressed as a train driver.
There were the dozen job applications 🥺 Poor Jack. Brought so low. Having to {gulp} work.

Why god why {shakes fist at sky} why do bad things happen to good people?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
They could put her on the Docklands Light Railway. Let her sit in the front seats and pretend to drive like a big girl.
Or Southend Pier Train, probably safer and like Jack, very seldom works.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Apologies if I’m duplicating but she also says she left home at 17 and learnt to cook with her Nepalese and half Italian housemates. She has also given interviews saying she was 16 and the housemates have become fully Italian and Somalian. Lovely bit of racist tokenism there.
In her earlier interviews she said she left home at 18 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 21
Sort of on topic: Trussel Trust can get tae duck. They are so fussy about what they accept and what their ‘customers’ need - patronisingly so…coz if you are poor you are also incapable of making choices ….

Anyhooo, as you were

• Heart
Reactions: 54
The one she had to do again because the livestream failed to save:

And a promo:

All. Too. Bouncy. Jolly. Yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The one she had to do again because the livestream failed to save:

And a promo:

I started watching the first one. Firstly, I assume Hellman’s-having paid 5 figures for this absolute shitshow are happy with her deleting it?
Second, how does she not cringe at her self obsession? Me me me, I was born late, oh some more about me, this is a vegan episode, me again because I was vegan (no you weren’t Jack, it’s not a diet), I couldn’t stick to it, oh look at me being incompetent again, me me me’.
Jack reminds me of a skip full of bits of other people. Other people’s recipes, other people’s writing styles, other people’s personalities.
Keith Floyd & Nigella get away with their foibles because they’re clearly genuine and part of a whole package that makes sense. The audience can sense they are what they are, however much they might ham up certain aspects up for TV.
Jack’s persona doesn‘t work. On any level. It’s just intensely irritating and embarrassing & screams fake and try hard.

Reactions: 37
All. Too. Bouncy. Jolly. Yuck.
That first vid starts with that shite she’s also tweeted about being “born 3 months early and clawing those 3 months back minute by unforgiving minute ever since”. Which is awful the first time, makes no sense whatsoever (as you’d be clawing back minutes if you were born LATE not early, you tit), yet she still saw fit to recycle

Does she have a book of ‘witty Jackisms to wheel out’? See also Badgers in House. Hand Skin.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
It probably was just the opinion/decision of the woman there, but it did put me off them a bit in favour of donating to small independent groups bc I felt they shouldn't make a judgement to deny a child a treat based on their own faith. I just mentioned it in connection to them minimising their involvement with bad-taste slogans :)
Yep, one thing I have to thank Jack for is opening my eyes to just how dodgy the TT is...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
If tighter regulation of "unconventional fundraising" comes out of this, I will be a happy Frau. Even if it's just people knowing to only donate via official channels.

I support a number of charities via direct donation (not saying which ones because one is a very small local charity to me🔺), and I am vocal in my support of them. I would never encourage people to donate via my my personal PayPal, but I always link to the charity's direct giving page, or my JustGiving page if I'm doing a sponsored event. I would never think to fundraise for my own legal fees "with the excess going to charity," because it's just not transparent.
You’d think her lawyer would have, very early on in the process, said to her this was a massive risk of fraud or suspected fraud. They should have told her to return every penny and start a gofundme if she really wanted to raise funds in a transparent way. I can’t believe she doesn’t see how dodgy this is.
credit where it is due to Russ in Cheshire, at least he was transparent, even if he should never have raised the funds in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I started watching the first one. Firstly, I assume Hellman’s-having paid 5 figures for this absolute shitshow are happy with her deleting it?
Second, how does she not cringe at her self obsession? Me me me, I was born late, oh some more about me, this is a vegan episode, me again because I was vegan (no you weren’t Jack, it’s not a diet), I couldn’t stick to it, oh look at me being incompetent again, me me me’.
Jack reminds me of a skip full of bits of other people. Other people’s recipes, other people’s writing styles, other people’s personalities.
Keith Floyd & Nigella get away with their foibles because they’re clearly genuine and part of a whole package that makes sense. The audience can sense they are what they are, however much they might ham up certain aspects up for TV.
Jack’s persona doesn‘t work. On any level. It’s just intensely irritating and embarrassing & screams fake and try hard.
#thread title Jack’s persona doesn't work

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have a 20 year old Billy which is really sturdy compared to the newer versions. Jack getting ginger Chris Evans mixed up with yummy Chris Evans was brilliant. Sadly Yummy never responded. He probably saw her twitter slop and thought, duck that!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.