Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
imagine the 'hilarity' if they did something like go to the cinema. She would no doubt fall off her seat or drop her ice-cream in her lap or laugh embarrassingly loudly at the wrong thing as her sense of humour is so quirky.

She tweeted about her son wanting to go to the cinema to watch Avengers:Endgame and how she would need to wear ear defenders for it. She also wasn't amused when people told her it was three hours long.

No idea if they actually went to see it because it was never mentioned again.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, speed grunking as schools are back and I have to make 4 trips to different ones.

I think Molly is doing just fine. She is sensible and calm, I have faith in her work.

Reactions: 45
completely agree. I don’t mean to be mean about this place, but despite the wealth of evidence here, I wouldn’t even point my wife or a close friend to this forum to convince them, because I know that while I’ve got patience and an enjoyment of an occasional rabbit hole dive, and am forum savvy enough to be able to seperate in-jokes and rants etc from the substance, many people would look at the sheer amount of posts here and instantly make a snap judgment “it’s a group of obsessives focusing on one person, not for me, thanks”. But a good blog post without any baggage- that’s something that really cuts through.
It’s why the wiki is so useful. I totally get why people think badly of this site - some of the threads on here oooooft. This thread has a plethora of witty and knowledgable people and I’ve actually learnt quite a lot from other Fraus. It does feel a bit safer in here.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I disagree, the account already has achieved something. It's swayed opinion of Jack like we've never seen before. Eyes are now on her that never were before. The strange cultists that are fanatical about her will never be turned, but many people have been, that is evident. Somebody needed to wake people up, and that's what AM has done.
Not to mention the many followers that AM managed to acquire in 2 hours which is some feat. Can take a few years to get it to that level.

Reactions: 25
Is it normal for children to have double beds these days? No shade as times move on kids are glam now, I’m just a Victorian relic who had my first double bed at 22 😳 and I wouldn’t have deemed myself a POOR from the age of 18+ as I was working full time in holidays whilst maxing out all the low income family student loans/grants!
This isn't a genuine reply to you, HTRIA, but a good spot to restate that allegedly Jack doesn't know where she'll be living and will be sleeping on a sofa bed.

She's very specific about it all, though, isn't she?

Still, SB's FINE with it, so yay!!

• Haha
Reactions: 47
To be fair to the AM threads, I've spoken to friends about JM's suspect behaviour in the past and they've pooh-poohed it as gossip and nonsense. They also wouldn't come and look here as Tattle is painted as (rightly or wrongly depending on who you speak to and which threads you submerge yourself in) a nasty troll site. The AM thread is another avenue, and quite possibly, regarded as a more reputable platform. I really don't want to talk Tattle down but I know from experience that some people will flat-out refuse to even look over here. I think the AM profile needs to keep up the calm, factual drip-feeding aswell as the potential in-depth written piece. I'd imagine it's very difficult to find a balance between looking like a *hater* and sharing discrepancies because of genuine concerns.

The only real problem I see with the recent Twitter activity is the number of new accounts that have been created purely to comment on or about JM. THEY pose more of a distraction and are easily labelled as trolls, in my opinion.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
The really wonderful thing about AM was that as a follower of a lot of accounts on twitter I started to see a few people who I kind of look up to retweeting or commenting on someone else’s retweet. Questions being asked by people who had previously blindly followed Jack. I don’t tweet much but I like to people watch and that was an exceptional few days where AM really did break down some barriers. And I think for that AM has done amazing work.

ETA and I firmly believe James Martin’s Karma is a witch insta post was Jack adjacent.

Reactions: 60
When the landlord tried to hike the rent of the body shops head office they upped and moved in 6 weeks, and that included actually finding somewhere and getting the infrastructure set up.
Body shops have a head office? I wondered where they kept them.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I‘ve no idea if Monroe has broken the law but if I was her I’d be talking to a really good lawyer right about now. And not about libel either.

Reactions: 29
The aspic hoops .... quote from my youngest child "The only time I would eat that is if I was dead and some maniac was shoving it down my throat in an attempt to reanimate me"

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I didn't say it achieved nothing, because the one viral thread did! My point is carrying on and playing with the incel types and other suspect twitter accounts detracts from that one viral thread. Anyway I've said my point and I suspect no one will agree and that's fine. Namaste🙏. I get people want something big to happen but a blog post repeating stuff here doesn't feel like it.
I’m sort of in agreement. I think it needs to be done ASAP! Breadcrumbing gives her the chance to say look they’re harassing me non stop, blah blah!

Write it. Print it. Share it. Get it around. Then move on. You can’t force people to take notice and you can’t stop these idiots supporting her Patreon. You can only ever do so much. There has been a definite change in the way she’s viewed and we have never seen the piss ripped out of her as much as this past week but I think Molly needs to complete it now.

Reactions: 20
I’m sort of in agreement. I think it needs to be done ASAP! Breadcrumbing gives her the chance to say look they’re harassing me non stop, blah blah!

Write it. Print it. Share it. Get it around. Then move on. You can’t force people to take notice and you can’t stop these idiots supporting her Patreon. You can only ever do so much. There has been a definite change in the way she’s viewed and we have never seen the piss ripped out of her as much as this past week but I think Molly needs to complete it now.
You only get one shot at the king, so me, I’d take my time and make sure I didn’t miss

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Indeed I did, what a load of mealy-mouthed blather it was too.
I actually think it's a terrific response, well considered and using actual parts of Jack's appearance. Jack shouldn't have been there, obviously, but I'm impressed by the response to your complaint

Reactions: 17
I’ve also seen a lot more people talking about her as a grifter on Twitter lately including a few reasonably well known mediay types.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.