Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry, I was worried this would happen 😔. I was a regular here but one of the accounts that AM in engaging with attacked me. I'll go back to wilderness.
I’m sorry you were attacked. Do you mean you used to be a regular poster on these threads?
Can you point me in the direction of the INCEL stuff, as I can’t find it.

Reactions: 39
Anyone else get a response from a BBC complaint yet?
View attachment 1508480
"Jack is a well-know poverty campaigner "
It pisses me off that they say this without referencing the campaigning, which there isn't any.
It's bad journalism. And they just copy each other. Looking forward to Jack Monroe, the well-known twitter grifter.
But once something sticks it doesn't go away. Paul Mccartney, the former Beatle.

Reactions: 32
So true in her delusional Oliver Twist wattpad poverty fan fiction she believes this proves she’s poor. It just proves she has no idea. This is just a cute bit of cosplaying for her. She could afford a nice wee two bedroom for her and SB but that doesn’t sounds as shocking as her arthritic body having to sleep upon a sofa in the living room in her one bedroom flat. And again... why does she put 💦 in her food ...I’m scared 😭😭😭😭
And won't she NEED the green velvet sofa bed if she's planning to bunk up in the lounge of the crappy 1 bed flat?

Reactions: 27
Thanks. Argh, so annoying that the reply function keeps drafts. That was a post I started to compose but abandoned :D

Reactions: 11
‘Winding up the twats’ is what they promote in the 12 steps, of course.
I have had experience of AA (SiL, close friend) and believe me JM is not doing the 12 steps as they should be. Once someone has hit rock bottom and decided they are the problem with drinking that's almost the 1st step and it goes on to 2. Step 4 is very hard, you have to make a list of all the wrong doings you've done in your life and write to these people, as you have recognised you have been a very big pain in the bum, and don't ask for forgiveness as its up to that person to forgive you - if they are so inclined.
You don't ask for money - could be spent on drink especially at the beginning. Don't brag. Accept that you are the problem (yes even if you think they are.) on of this Poor Me crap either (pour me a drink ) By humbled by other people and don't slag them off. Also in the early days of quitting drinking you are advised not to have a relationship for 12 months, and not take any sort of drugs although this may have changed as my friend was on anti depressants and should always talk to your GP. They even advise to give up work (very difficult and not for all). The main gist is make amends for what you have done in the past, but is JM doing this? I have also found out that you can actually buy sobriety pins of the internet if you are so inclined. Sorry for a long and perhaps boring post as I'm sure most of you know this but it sticks in my craw that she doesn't seem to follow the 12 principles of AA, and by the way many people fall at Step 4 as you have to think about all your previous crappy actions and try and put them right. Its hard my friend is 12 years sober btw, and for this I think that JM is what I said before a dry drunk. (still doing all the crappy things but sober)- so no excuse there either. This was the final straw for me about her. There are only so many bandwagons that you can jump o even Glastonbury.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I didn't say it achieved nothing, because the one viral thread did! My point is carrying on and playing with the incel types and other suspect twitter accounts detracts from that one viral thread. Anyway I've said my point and I suspect no one will agree and that's fine. Namaste🙏. I get people want something big to happen but a blog post repeating stuff here doesn't feel like it.
Apologies, when you said the account 'isn't going to do squat all', I thought you meant it hadn't full stop. I still think it's good to have a voice out there keeping the commentary going, people have short memories and I worry that some of the concerns about JM will fade away if people aren't reminded that she's a wrong'un. 😕

Reactions: 26
I thought the same. I didn't find the teaser particularly shocking (sorry Molly 😐). There is so much that could be highlighted about JM but, like has been said before, there is no stand alone *clanger*
I think people are getting too excited about Molly’s blog and expecting some ‘Jack was on the grassy knoll’ type revelation, when she’s prob just going to condense everything from places like here.

Reactions: 41
Stop highlighting how much STUFF you own, you dumb clown shoe. Feck sake how can anyone read this and not ask themselves how much money she has frittered away on crappy things. How can a single mum on such dire financial straits have SO much fecking stuff. Grrrr
Behold! The ‘All Puddles Great and Smol’ Magical Gifting Bodies of Water! (with a shout out to the upside down fraus)
A246D9E7-D72A-4D78-8D1D-6B18FCE0B222.jpeg

Big puddle is for big items of furniture, puddle to the foreground is for crockery, cutlery, soft furnishings, baskets and general household effluvium (including performative display unread books), little puddle to the right gifts accessories like designer scarves, shoes, rucksacks etc.

Oh and that teeny weeny smol sliver of puddle you can see at left between the furniture and furnishings puddles? That’s one’s for magically supplying all the dried goods, household supplies, sanitary items etc that don’t fit into the painstakingly costed completely fictional twenty quid a week household budget.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I'm not surprised by the BBC's replies, seems to be fairly standard for them to respond in a defensive manner, as if they don't deserve to be criticised 🙄. I've complained to them a couple of times, very similar responses, same tone, same fobbing off at the end. Important thing is though, it's time they've had to spend fielding complaints, because of choosing to use Jack. Irritate them enough and hopefully they'll stop giving some of these useless people a platform (I'm an optimist, I know).

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think people are getting too excited about Molly’s blog and expecting some ‘Jack was on the grassy knoll’ type revelation, when she’s prob just going to condense everything from places like here.
I agree. And rightly so for a few reasons. Firstly there is just too much here. Yeah we find walrii and Harold funny but it’s hard when you’re trawling pages for info and it’s just post after post like “but the Chinese supermarket isn’t in that part of Croydon!”

Also for some reason (cough, misogyny) Tattle has this rep as a pit of bullying and obsession so rather than just directing people here she’s distilling the key reasons most of us loathe Jack and taking it to the masses where they can’t be distracted by in-jokes or snark or their own internalised hatred of Women With Opinions.

Finally it just makes it more difficult for her to discredit when it’s the key problems, in one place, with little to no conjecture. Just showing side by side, in black and white, the contradictions.

That’s basically the same thing I’ve said three times but I’m EXHAUSTED so duck OFF x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
How much is her rent again? £1500? I'm starting to think it's not a bad deal for the size of the house comparing it to places near me
Agreed, compared to a mortgage on such a property (assuming you’re starting at a high LTV not #gifted) it’s an absolute bargain! It doesn’t stop her claiming that a mortgage repayment would be a third of what she pays in rent, suspect she’ll know someone paying a third on a similar property, not piecing together that their mortgage likely isn’t for the 2022 price but the cost quite some years ago…

Reactions: 31
The frau who said Jack makes every anecdote involving SB all about herself was sadly right.
We know she never does anything much with him apart from go to the park (why never the beach?) but imagine the 'hilarity' if they did something like go to the cinema. She would no doubt fall off her seat or drop her ice-cream in her lap or laugh embarrassingly loudly at the wrong thing as her sense of humour is so quirky. Then random strangers would have to sidle over to tell her how much they admire her work.
No wonder SB would rather just stay in the house.

• Sad
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.